May evil be done that good might come of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. P said:
I agree, but it seems that then the organs are useless (donno), so transplants stop..I guess the transplant folks are going through an ethical delema over this practice. (From what I read anyway).
Some harvesting can be done after death----others cannot due to time constraints. Again we are talking the difference between brain death and etc.

dilloduck said:
Some harvesting can be done after death----others cannot due to time constraints. Again we are talking the difference between brain death and etc.
I don't think that's what the transplant folks have a problem with, dillo.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure they know the difference.

Said1 said:
So it's ok for you to make personal digs at other members, but when someone does it to you....:cry:

You really need to stay abreast with the comments..see clays now deleted comments...what can I say?

After reading all of this, I'd have to say organ donation... aaaahh... not that kind dmp... :D ... is OK ethically. But I'd also have to say only from a person that's been declared clinicaly dead.

One thing remains... you can't transplant a soul... or can you? How about these bizarre stories of people taking on traits from the deceased after a transplant?

That's part of why I still say no. Grow organs and limgs from your own DNA in a lab.

Where will my organ come from?

Your organ will most likely come from a donor who has died as a result of an accident in your local area and has been declared brain dead. Brain death occurs when there is no blood flow or oxygen to the brain and the brain has permanently ceased to function. Techniques are used to keep the donor’s organs viable until they can be recovered for donation, but, with brain death, the donor is legally dead and will not recover.

Typically, the organ will come from a donor of the same size and ABO blood type. In the case of kidneys, additional tissue matching is done. There is no matching of organs by race, age or sex. For kidneys, better matches are usually made within racial groups, which make cross-racial transplants not impossible, but less likely.

Although a local donor is most likely, depending on your circumstances, your organ may come from anywhere in the United States. However, a remote donor is less likely for hearts and lungs, which must be transplanted quickly and cannot spend a long time in transit. On the other hand, for kidneys, when a "perfect" match is made, regardless of their geographic location, the matching recipient will always receive the first offer for that organ.

You may also receive your organ from a living donor. Living donors are typically, but not necessarily, close relatives of the recipient. Since people are born with two kidneys and only need one to function, kidneys are the most frequently donated organ from a living donor. Typically, donations are made from sibling to sibling, sibling to parent or parent to sibling. However, donations between spouses and even friends have occurred. Living donors are now also being used for liver, lung, pancreas and intestine transplants.

How will they know the organ is a match for me?

As we said before, the organ will be matched to available patients by ABO blood type and size. In the case of kidneys, further matching criteria are used. Once the correct match has been determined, your transplant team will determine if the organ is healthy enough for it to be transplanted in you.

http://www.americantransplant.org/questions_patients_ask.htm

Pale Rider said:
Where will my organ come from?

Your organ will most likely come from a donor who has died as a result of an accident in your local area and has been declared brain dead. Brain death occurs when there is no blood flow or oxygen to the brain and the brain has permanently ceased to function. Techniques are used to keep the donor’s organs viable until they can be recovered for donation, but, with brain death, the donor is legally dead and will not recover.

Typically, the organ will come from a donor of the same size and ABO blood type. In the case of kidneys, additional tissue matching is done. There is no matching of organs by race, age or sex. For kidneys, better matches are usually made within racial groups, which make cross-racial transplants not impossible, but less likely.

Although a local donor is most likely, depending on your circumstances, your organ may come from anywhere in the United States. However, a remote donor is less likely for hearts and lungs, which must be transplanted quickly and cannot spend a long time in transit. On the other hand, for kidneys, when a "perfect" match is made, regardless of their geographic location, the matching recipient will always receive the first offer for that organ.

You may also receive your organ from a living donor. Living donors are typically, but not necessarily, close relatives of the recipient. Since people are born with two kidneys and only need one to function, kidneys are the most frequently donated organ from a living donor. Typically, donations are made from sibling to sibling, sibling to parent or parent to sibling. However, donations between spouses and even friends have occurred. Living donors are now also being used for liver, lung, pancreas and intestine transplants.

How will they know the organ is a match for me?

As we said before, the organ will be matched to available patients by ABO blood type and size. In the case of kidneys, further matching criteria are used. Once the correct match has been determined, your transplant team will determine if the organ is healthy enough for it to be transplanted in you.

http://www.americantransplant.org/questions_patients_ask.htm

You are now flip flopping more than Gore...first I was against...now I am for...depending on the the polls...be careful with the response...I have your earlier pm to me asking for?

archangel said:
You really need to stay abreast with the comments..see clays now deleted comments...what can I say?
I deleted my own comment as a courtesy. Doesn't change the fact that I meant every word of it. You saw it, that's all that matters. If you don't want to play in the rough waters, don't swim out there.

archangel said:
You are now flip flopping more than Gore...first I was against...now I am for...depending on the the polls...be careful with the response...I have your earlier pm to me asking for?

He read through this thread, evaluated his position based on the data presented, and may have changed his mind. He's shown REASON.

The ClayTaurus said:
I deleted my own comment as a courtesy. Doesn't change the fact that I meant every word of it. You saw it, that's all that matters. If you don't want to play in the rough waters, don't swim out there.

Just thank God or the Stars that I am no longer in the business....then again I do have friends....target clay I say!
You are a government contractor employee no? As if your time cards and IRS returns are accurate...well son when you play you must pay..red flag initiated!

dmp said:
He read through this thread, evaluated his position based on the data presented, and may have changed his mind. He's shown REASON.

damage control initiated!

archangel said:
damage control initiated!

You're about to be banned from this forum. I mean, honestly - if you can't reply with anything that makes sense, I'll treat it as spam.

Damage control? Sticking up for a guy who's FAR more valuable to this forum than YOU are? You blast him because he may have (gasp!) changed his mind about a topic?

archangel said:
Just thank God or the Stars that I am no longer in the business....then again I do have friends....target clay I say!
You are a government contractor employee no? As if your time cards and IRS returns are accurate...well son when you play you must pay..red flag initiated!
:rotflmao: seriously, thanks for the laugh. You use vendettas often in your work? Maybe that's why you sucked at your job so much.

archangel said:

I swear to anything holy you'd like - if I see one more of your 'well, I'm going to fuck with your Federal Records' post by you, I'll delete your f'ing account.

Or just ban you for 2 years.

(shrug).

Stop it. It's stupid. Nobody thinks you're cool because you 'have connections'.

dmp said:
You're about to be banned from this forum. I mean, honestly - if you can't reply with anything that makes sense, I'll treat it as spam.

Damage control? Sticking up for a guy who's FAR more valuable to this forum than YOU are? You blast him because he may have (gasp!) changed his mind about a topic?
Careful, he'll get his treasury buddies to come after you! :laugh: He's the government services BOUNTY HUNTER! :rotflmao:

archangel said:

So now you're mad at me for..... ?

I said I will not donate my organs, and that I don't want any. I did NOT change that. I DID say, that for "others", if they're OK with it, then I have no problem.

And I asked you to rep me in PM so I could clear 3,000... so what? I'd given you rep recently, and you hadn't returned the favor. I don't enjoy threats.

dmp said:
I swear to anything holy you'd like - if I see one more of your 'well, I'm going to fuck with your Federal Records' post by you, I'll delete your f'ing account.

Or just ban you for 2 years.

(shrug).

Stop it. It's stupid. Nobody thinks you're cool because you 'have connections'.

:bye1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back