Maxine's Question of the Day

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
$maxine.jpg

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who
didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.
What the hell could possibly go wrong?

While researching this "medical care" mess, I discovered "the Committee" that is in charge of reviewing everyone's medical files and care has been given unbridled liberties to medically experiment on patients.

The law states that any person subjected to such experiments must give informed consent. The law also details exactly what "informed consent" is. Now, however, all care is withheld from Patients who refuse to sign. Worse, most Patients have such trust in hospitals and clinics giving them paperwork to sign that isn't contrary to their wellbeing, that most simply sign without reading any of it. One step further, the government actually changed the wording that can be used. The word "experiment" was substituted with the term "Coverage with Evidence Development".

The Committee actually once referenced the US Medicare webpage that gives them the legal right to do all this. To their dismay a lawsuit was filed in behalf of Patients, so Medicare and the Committee had to scramble to tone down the outcry. Now several of the Medicare webpages that references the atrocities those committee goons are allowed to execute on innocent and unsuspecting Patients have been removed from the Medicare site complete with a short statement saying it had been removed.

As more and more Medical professionals were reading and questioning this mess, and passing the links on to their Patients, Obama's claim of "transparency" changed radically.

Remember this, folks. medicare is not free. You paid for it through your wages, and you pay a monthly fee now for what you were told is "medical care". They are taking the money, not providing real medical care, and killing off the patients. They are formulating tables that will tell the committee how long you are supposed to live given the medical problem you have.

Nobody is getting what they paid for and are paying for. This situation with it's bells and whistles, is a deadly fraud.

Massive public outcry is needed, and anyone holding a Medicare Card should think about dis-enrolling and getting out of that system NOW. Obama and his "committee" have cut deals with insurance companies not to insure anyone who dis-enrolls from Medicare. One such company is Blue Cross Blue Shield and their subsidiaries. Blue Cross sits on Obama's advisory committee. The Baylor Hospital system was also mentioned as a participating goon in this Medicare fraud, and in other past government atrocities as well. Everyone needs to check every hospital in their area and determine now which hospitals are going along with Obama and stay out of those places.

Your local County hospital district can and will treat your medical needs, and in many communities Doctors and their Nurses are setting up free clinics to assist and treat everyone who has been victimized by this Obama fraud. This Medicare mess is NOT medical care. Know this. It's a death trap.

I can tell you for a fact, Doctors are NOT going to allow Obama or a whole herd of Obamas to harm their patients. American Doctors have long been providing free care, treatment and surgery to needy patients in other countries and now it's time they stepped up to the plate for Americans.

We live in a time when every citizen must research, share their knowledge and do background checks on every single person in public office or running for office. Don't give your votes to the Goon Squad.

Anyone ever listen to cspan, I often hear people call in and praise the new healthcare plan for those in need and especially for children. Great thing these normal people did in spite of great odds, and corporate power and corporate tools, fighting positive change all the way. Hard stuff is never easy.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

Anyone ever listen to cspan, I often hear people call in and praise the new healthcare plan for those in need and especially for children. Great thing these normal people did in spite of great odds, and corporate power and corporate tools, fighting positive change all the way. Hard stuff is never easy.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

Yes, the CSPAN call in number, that's the number that only Nancy Pelosi knows right? How about all the people that isn't going to be able to afford health care anymore because the rates have increased massively and now have to pay 2.5% of their income as a penalty for not having insurance? Sounds like a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario to me. :cuckoo:

If this ObamaCare bullshit was such a great thing for America, how come McDonald's says they can't afford it and have gotten a one-year extension prior to having to enroll their worker bees into it? What was that I heard about if you like your present insurance and doctor you could keep it? BULLSHIT.

Often when reading history you have to wonder how sensible pragmatic change ever happens. Entrenched interests fight anything they see as eating into their positions of power or profit. This excerpt below is from 1995. The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press

The only consistent aspect of any of this is the response from the right wing conservatives or libertarians. They have been brainwashed well.

"...Reform is back, but with congressional Republicans working to balance the federal budget on the backs of seniors and the poor, it has a new and vicious twist.

In late June, Congress passed a budget resolution calling for one trillion dollars in federal spending cuts over seven years (along with a $245 billion tax cut, most of which will be targeted to corporations and wealthy individuals). The lion's share of the spending cuts will come from reductions in the rate of projected growth in Medicare and Medicaid -- $452 billion over seven years....

The plan reflects a fantasy shared by majorities in both parties -- that Medicare and Medicaid are inefficient "government programs" that can be fixed in isolation from the rest of the health-care economy. That fantasy rests on the myth that the "private sector" is inherently more efficient and fair than government. When it comes to health care, there simply is no evidence to support this belief. Medicare, for example, spends 2-4 percent of each premium dollar on its own bureaucracy. The corporate HMOs who stand to gain millions of patients from the privatization of Medicare frequently grab more than 20 cents on the premium dollar for overhead and profit...."

A Rational Option by John Canham-Clyne Boston Review: A Rational Option for National Health Care

If the goal was to create insurance coverage for the 30 million uninsured that they could purchase, why didn't they just create insurance coverage for the 30 million uninsured to purchase?

You know. Like flood insurance. It's too risky for a Private company to issue policies at affordable rates, so the government underwrites them. No difference in the sense of dollars between health insurance and flood insurance, except there are so many more dollars to steal from health insurance. The greedy vultures in our leadership roles just couldn't resist.

A model is already there. It's a program that works. It's so successful that nobody ever hears about it because it works. The difference is that the people in government aren't getting rich because of it.

The Healthcare Reform is obviously a swindle and those who voted for it are either thieves or ashamed.

The link to the Flood insurance is below.

FEMA: The National Flood Insurance Program

View attachment 11886

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who
didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.
What the hell could possibly go wrong?

I agree with you explicitly. What possibly could be wrong with a bill like that? ???:eusa_liar:

I mean. Why read a bill that is so good for the saps. Er, I mean people.

I have been without Health insurance for over a year because I had a job where my premiums in the beginning were affordable at around $150 a month (single male). I had no health problems, lived a healthy lifestyle and saw my doctor twice a year for regular checkups. After 2 years of paying my premiums, they decided to triple my rates, with no warning so change in coverage, they simply wanted more money. Where is the right in that? I could no longer afford to pay my premiums so I went without, just hoping and praying that I would have no major injuries, illnesses or sicknesses to put me in bankruptcy.
Now that Obamacare has passed, this practice is illegal. This is just one example of a positive that has come out of this bill. There is also the provision that lifetime caps are gone, you can no longer be dropped from your policy of you get sick. I see no negatives about any of these. Waiting on replys here people.....

I have been without Health insurance for over a year because I had a job where my premiums in the beginning were affordable at around $150 a month (single male). I had no health problems, lived a healthy lifestyle and saw my doctor twice a year for regular checkups. After 2 years of paying my premiums, they decided to triple my rates, with no warning so change in coverage, they simply wanted more money. Where is the right in that? I could no longer afford to pay my premiums so I went without, just hoping and praying that I would have no major injuries, illnesses or sicknesses to put me in bankruptcy.
Now that Obamacare has passed, this practice is illegal. This is just one example of a positive that has come out of this bill. There is also the provision that lifetime caps are gone, you can no longer be dropped from your policy of you get sick. I see no negatives about any of these. Waiting on replys here people.....

If you were employed by a company with a small pool of workers and one had a major claim, that could cause the rates to triple. It depends on the cost of the claims over the preceeding year and the size of the pool. It sounds like there may be something else at play here.

In my case currently, the size of the pool is about 1500 employees and most are young. This means few large claims by young males, but the door is open for pre and post natal experiences that could crop up. In any case, most policies go year to year and if your employer saw this increase and did not bid the business, there's something else going on.

If he did re-bid the business, that tells the whole story.

Our policy through work changes on the first of the year which is when most change. Was your change recent? Our premiums stay the same, but the big change rising from the new law is in the HRA area. It demands that the employee shop for better cost structures or subjects the employee to higher costs as a result of not shoppping.

This is a dynamic that is not in the law, but is a construct to REDUCE THE COSTS.

Due to healthy life style, I get two reductions in the premium cast that reduces the bi-weekly out of pocket for me to $23, the company share is $163.

Your employer would probably welcome the help if you wanted to run the search for a better provider. If I were in your position, and I was about 15 years ago, I would see the owner and suggest that he give me the right to negotiate the change. It ended up saving me a bunch, saving him a bunch (a very much larger bunch than me) and providing better coverage for everyone who worked there.

Don't just bitch there. Do something.

Hey crybaby.

Did you ever THANK your work for offering the benefit of HC ins?

I'm guessing not. HC is not a right, it's a privaledge.

Did you ever consider changing your life style to save money for the premium?

Did you consider that forcing insurers to cover everyone is unconstitutional?

How about the people that can't afford any premium? How long before the Fed starts sending the to debtors prison.

FYI

This is a humor posting. The whiney bitch threads are thataway ----->>

Did you get health insurance again (since the bill passed)? If so, how much are your premiums now?

Hey crybaby.

Did you ever THANK your work for offering the benefit of HC ins?

I'm guessing not. HC is not a right, it's a privaledge.

Did you ever consider changing your life style to save money for the premium?

Did you consider that forcing insurers to cover everyone is unconstitutional?

How about the people that can't afford any premium? How long before the Fed starts sending the to debtors prison.

FYI

This is a humor posting. The whiney bitch threads are thataway ----->>

---------------------------------------------------
this is great, so i have an opinion rooted in fact, and all of a sudden im crybaby because i disagree with a broken system? so what your saying that i dont have a right to receive life saving care because somehow i dont have an ability to pay a ridiculous amount of money? thats bullshit. so what is the right amount that your life is worth? 10% of your income? 20%? 50% life is suppose to be sacred right? (at least thats the right wing argument against abortion) except when you cost too much to save.

ive asked this many times, have you actually read the health care law? probably not. i actually have. can you point to an exact and mean specific section that you disagree with? or are you just quoting something youve heard in the media? (ie death panels and free hc to illegal immigrants) and how about those people who cant afford any premium, do you have a solution for them? or are they just not american enough to have access to quality healthcare? (btw the government is creating subsidies to help low income people afford premiums)

i bet you were born with a silver spoon in your ass and have never had to actually work very hard for anything in life. well most of the rest of us have. mommy and daddy cant simply open their checkbooks and buy me anything i want at any time. me like most of america actually have to work for a living, and live on a budget.

did you even read my point that my lifestyle didnt change, if you actually read my post. i live a healthy lifestyle, but i wasnt profitable enough for the insurance company so they raised my premium, because they felt like it. (a practice that is now illegal as well) if your insurance company tripled your rate would you just sit there and say, awesome, just what ive always wanted. let me thank my employer for offering me extremely expensive healthcare that i can no longer afford. let me also thank the insurance executives for raising my rates and taking more of my hard earned dollars to pay for their homes, cars and jets.

glad to see you only think about yourself in this world.

FYI if you want a humor posting, go to a humor website. otherwise you sound like a jackass when you cant support your argument with any actual facts.

If the goal was to create insurance coverage for the 30 million uninsured that they could purchase, why didn't they just create insurance coverage for the 30 million uninsured to purchase?

You mean like a "public option"? That?

Great idea.:clap2:

i have actually since changed jobs, and will be getting my benefits back in about 2 weeks. with the new employer, my rates will actually have gone down significantly (i will currently be paying under $150/ month with a $20 copay and annual deductible of $1500, which i believe is extremely affordable and will never complain about paying), while the services i will have access to will increase by quite a bit. now i can not exactly say that the HC reform bill is solely responsible for low cost of my premiums, but i do know that it has helped dramatically. (per conversations with coworkers about how much they used to paying)

@Sallow - i agree a public option would have been the best overall for everyone

Forum List

Back