Math Is Racist

Oh I get it.
I've taught math for 40+ years.

Geometry.....Circles, Other Shapes, Areas......simple Formulas.
Not Racist in ANY way.
Same for Trig, Algebra, Addition, Calculus, etc.

He is my example of a bad word problem.
I'm not saying it's 'racist' I'm saying it has cultural bias.

1). Michael is playing golf. Michael scored the following on his Front 9.

3 birdies
2 quadruple bogeys
a double bogey
A Hole in One on a par 3.
and 2 Triple Bogeys.

Question: What was Michaels score compared to Par?

This question is unfair.
If the test is designed to add positive and negative numbers, which it is, then this question failed.
But we don't have one set of words for whites and one set of words for blacks. The words are the same for both groups. Reminds me of when I was young and my team lost a neighborhood football game and I told someone that we lost because it was raining and he asked me if it was raining on the other team too.

What will happen is that whites are currently doing better than blacks in math so the school system will dumb math down so that blacks can do better. BUT, when they dumb down math so that blacks can do better, the whites will also do better so we will be back to square one with math still being racist.

Truth is that everything except running fast and jumping high is racist.

it is just the way it is.

I've addressed this on a different post, but here goes:
Math IS NOT racist. If you think it is racist and opt to NOT learn higher math, Here is what you cannot do:
1. Structural Engineering. Calculating building of large structures and estimating load stresses.
2. Aerospace Industry & NASA: Think Hidden Figures movie, as well as designing and testing airplanes, missiles and rockets.
3. Accounting: Work with financial documents and create budgets.
4. Physicist.
5. Pharmacist.
6. Science Teacher.
7. Forensic Scientist.
8. Research Scientist.
9. Nuclear Engineer.
10. Software Engineer.
On and on the list goes, but to do the occupations successfully, you need higher mathematics.
If you think math is racist, fine, but you're limiting your occupational opportunities via racist thinking. You can work on a factory line, or retail, or fast food, or restaurants, or car washes, or get some vocational trade training, such as plumbing, wood working, or electronics.

If you think math is racist, fine, but you're limiting your occupational opportunities via racist thinking. You can work on a factory line, or retail, or fast food, or restaurants, or car washes, or get some vocational trade training, such as plumbing, wood working, or electronics.

There are lot more things that you cannot do, without a solid background in math, than what you listed, including at least one or two of the things in your last paragraph, that you suggested for those who think that “math is racist”.

As one with a degree in electronics, and some professional experience in that field, I can tell you that you certainly cannot do shit in that field, without a solid foundation in math. I would assume that any skilled construction trade, such as that of a plumber, would require a comparable grasp of math to what my current profession, as an electrician, requires.

I've addressed this on a different post, but here goes:
Math IS NOT racist. If you think it is racist and opt to NOT learn higher math, Here is what you cannot do:
1. Structural Engineering. Calculating building of large structures and estimating load stresses.
2. Aerospace Industry & NASA: Think Hidden Figures movie, as well as designing and testing airplanes, missiles and rockets.
3. Accounting: Work with financial documents and create budgets.
4. Physicist.
5. Pharmacist.
6. Science Teacher.
7. Forensic Scientist.
8. Research Scientist.
9. Nuclear Engineer.
10. Software Engineer.
On and on the list goes, but to do the occupations successfully, you need higher mathematics.
Consider the Bell Curve and its implications with respect to the preceding ten careers (among many others). African Americans have an AVERAGE IQ that is one full standard deviation below that of everyone else (in the U.S.).

Imagine that in order to pursue those careers successfully, it is necessary to have an IQ of 130 or better. Accordingly, only about 2.3% of "everyone else" has the native intelligence to do it. But if the group in question starts out one standard deviation below the norm, less than one tenth of a percent of that group has the native intelligence to do it. There goes your 13% (percentage of the population). It's a small fraction of one percent of African Americans.

And if the Sovereign steps in and says it was proportional representation in those careers according to race...

Draw your own conclusions.

There is nothing that is not racist. Trees are racist. Birds are racist. Grammar is racist. Being on time is racist. Everything is racist.
/——/

1699666237476.png

For the brain dead....

Everything that requires some brain activity is racist!

But y'all know that already!;)

"Only 35% of Illinois, USA public school students in grades 3 through 8 could read at the elementary school level in 2023.27% achieved proficiency in math.
High school students showed a similar level of proficiency: 32% could read and 27% could count at the elementary school level".....

Not only will the next generation of the "golden billion" not be able to answer the questions the сhinese youth will ask them, they won't even understand the questions.
It is written that cost of elite education in the "Еmpire of good" approaches $400 thousand. Capitalism of the period of decay is a return to the caste system.

Forum List

Back