Martin Shkreli Get 7 Years in the Slammer

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
It couldn't happen to a Creepier Creep. Smug Jerk of the Century, Martin Shkreli has been sentenced to 7 years in jail for securities fraud. Even his own lawyer wanted to punch him in the face.

And then there are the crocodile tears:

The "Pharma Bro", in his last appeal to the judge ahead of his sentence, told the court that he understands his mistakes and begged forgiveness from the investors he lied to. As Bloomberg adds, a remorseful Shkreli told the court he was embarrassed and ashamed, saying he got innocent people mixed up in his conduct. “This is my fault,” he said. Addressing his investors, he choked back tears to say, “I am terribly sorry I lost your trust. You deserved far better.”

“There is no conspiracy to take down Martin Shkreli,” he said. “I took down Martin Shkreli, with my shameful and disgraceful actions.”

Shkreli said he made “gross, stupid and negligent mistakes,” and that while he disagrees with the picture the prosecution painted of him, “I am not going to be baited into going into the mud.”

He was convicted last August of lying to investors in his hedge funds and manipulating shares in the biotech company he founded. Prosecutors sought a sentence of at least 15 years for the securities fraud. Shkreli, who once proclaimed “you can’t quell the Shkrel,” asked for as little as a year.

In the end, the judge split the baby, and on Friday afternoon announced Shkreli's sentence: 7 years (or 84) months in prison with credit for time served, "capping a saga that alternately captivated and enraged Washington, Wall Street and the tabloids" as Bloomberg summarized one of the most closely watch legal cases in recent years....

Martin Shkreli Sentenced To 7 Years In Prison

What a CREEP!!!!

There is one thing positive to say about Shkreli - he's actually a uniter. Look at how everyone can't stand him.

lock him up! woohoo!

you're next, Hillary!

Martin Shkreli lost his bid to overturn a seven-year prison sentence for fraud Thursday. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit affirmed Shkreli's 2017 conviction.

The appeals court judges ruled against Shkreli by a 3-0 vote. In addition to ordering him to stay in prison, the judges affirmed that he must forfeit more than $7.3 million, along with paying restitution of $388,336 and a $75,000 fine.

lock him up! woohoo!

you're next, Hillary!

Martin Shkreli lost his bid to overturn a seven-year prison sentence for fraud Thursday. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit affirmed Shkreli's 2017 conviction.

The appeals court judges ruled against Shkreli by a 3-0 vote. In addition to ordering him to stay in prison, the judges affirmed that he must forfeit more than $7.3 million, along with paying restitution of $388,336 and a $75,000 fine.

Good. i hope the piece of shit dies in prison.

Forum List

Back