Married people . . .

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
Why do you think married people would start numerous threads about sex and dating, people who have been married for years and years and who are not even in the dating world (or shouldn't be - lol)?

Why does it seem as if some married people are starved for affection/attention. Of course, I am referring to some people here on USMB but I won't mention names. :D

I find it curious that married people would prefer to discuss such things with strangers on the internet instead of with their partners. They seem to especially gravitate towards the opposite sex as if they are "looking" for something.

Thoughts?

I think that if you are speaking about some people in particular you ought to name them rather than making specious generalizations about married posters who post about certain topics.

I think that if you are speaking about some people in particular you ought to name them rather than making specious generalizations about married posters who post about certain topics.

I'm wondering about married posters in general. Are you married? What are your thoughts on the topic?

I don't see the need to name names. We can discuss this topic without resorting to that, okay? So what if your spouse (not sure if you are male or female) went online and talked about his or her genitals and sex and dating with strangers?

I don't see the need to name names. We can discuss this topic without resorting to that, okay? So what if your spouse (not sure if you are male or female) went online and talked about his or her genitals and sex and dating with strangers?
You asked for thoughts. You dismissed mine. OK. Here's some more. ( I am a married female whose husband does not talk about his genitals online.) I am disinclined to discuss other people's marriages, particularly under the parameters you have set up. This post, it appears to me, is looking to insult someone in particular without admitting it. I am not defending the person I believe you are referring to, by the way. She can handle herself.

Again. You asked for thoughts. I've left you some. Best of luck with your catty post!

You asked for thoughts. You dismissed mine. OK. Here's some more. ( I am a married female whose husband does not talk about his genitals online.) I am disinclined to discuss other people's marriages, particularly under the parameters you have set up. This post, it appears to me, is looking to insult someone in particular without admitting it.

That's why I'm not naming names. I just wonder how many other married people think this kind of behavior is okay. I can understanding flirting, you know, in a funny way when you are a married person. I understand you are married but not dead. Lol. But there is a definitely a line that probably should not be crossed if you are married because then it has the potential to affect your relationship. Do you agree or disagree?

You asked for thoughts. You dismissed mine. OK. Here's some more. ( I am a married female whose husband does not talk about his genitals online.) I am disinclined to discuss other people's marriages, particularly under the parameters you have set up. This post, it appears to me, is looking to insult someone in particular without admitting it.

Do you think a lot of married people private message and talk about sex with people of the opposite sex online because they think it's "not real" or something, so that makes it "okay?"

I would hope that your husband is not discussing his genitals online. Lol. That was just an example of the behavior to which I am referring.

Do you think a lot of married people private message and talk about sex with people of the opposite sex online because they think it's "not real" or something, so that makes it "okay?"

I would hope that your husband is not discussing his genitals online. Lol. That was just an example of the behavior to which I am referring.
I have no idea what people feel in their hearts when they are talking online about anything. I do think that we make choices. We choose our spouses knowing, whether we admit it to ourselves or not, who and what they are. If your husband is flirting with other women you must choose how you deal with it, including, obviously, whether or not it is "okay".

I have no idea what people feel in their hearts when they are talking online about anything. I do think that we make choices. We choose our spouses knowing, whether we admit it to ourselves or not, who and what they are. If your husband is flirting with other women you must choose how you deal with it, including, obviously, whether or not it is "okay".

Well, I'm not married, so that is why I am curious about the opinions of the married people. To me, it would not be okay. I would be very hurt, I think.

Well, I'm not married, so that is why I am curious about the opinions of the married people. To me, it would not be okay. I would be very hurt, I think.
Why? If you're secure in your love for one another it isn't a problem besides men do have a tendency to get their appetite elsewhere, it's natural, happens with some women too. I made a promise to myself and my wife and though I've been sorely tempted on a couple of occasions I've managed to keep that promise, it was a decision I made. I also know the wife has been tempted a few times but also chose not to give in, it's normal to be tempted, unfortunately it's also normal for most to give in. Yeah, how the wife and I approach it is rare, we recognize and accept the reality that sexual desire can come from elsewhere than each other but we both understand the consequences and resultant hurt of giving into those desires outside of each other.

Maybe Bonzi is curious about what other married people are thinking? To me, she seems to be struggling in her marriage. By being open she may get answers she seeks. Those answers in turn may allow her to speak with her husband better. I apologize in advance if I am wrong, but you seem to be taking great joy in attacking her on multiple threads, so I now wonder how to help you in your struggle to feel accepted. I accept you and Bonzi, along with Gracie and AngelsNDemons.

Maybe Bonzi is curious about what other married people are thinking? To me, she seems to be struggling in her marriage. By being open she may get answers she seeks. Those answers in turn may allow her to speak with her husband better. I apologize in advance if I am wrong, but you seem to be taking great joy in attacking her on multiple threads, so I now wonder how to help you in your struggle to feel accepted. I accept you and Bonzi, along with Gracie and AngelsNDemons.

I've read some things that I've found thoroughly disgusting, and now I am curious as to why some married people tend to "defend" this behavior and I wonder if it would bother them to have their own spouse treat them in such a manner? I've never SEEN anyone so blatantly disrespect their spouse in such a manner on these forums, and I've been a member of a few. Let's just leave it at that. ;)

Lol. I am not here for "acceptance." I have a good group of friends in real life. :) I also have a couple of people here that I consider friends. REAL friends are rare.

Bonzi has to have the intention of crossing into reality with her online behavior and someone from here has to cross that line with her. I know it can happen and has right here at USMB ( have been here a long time), but most likely it would not.

I've read some things that I've found thoroughly disgusting, and now I am curious as to why some married people tend to "defend" this behavior and I wonder if it would bother them to have their own spouse treat them in such a manner? I've never SEEN anyone so blatantly disrespect their spouse in such a manner on these forums, and I've been a member of a few. Let's just leave it at that. ;)

Lol. I am not here for "acceptance." I have a good group of friends in real life. :) I also have a couple of people here that I consider friends. REAL friends are rare.

Happy to be wrong ChrisL. :)

How about if I word it this way? IF your wife or your husband did these kinds of things, would you then trust them? Would you think there was a problem? I'm pretty sure that Ringel covered that already, acknowledging that he would think something was wrong with the relationship and there was something that needed to be addressed.

If you want to get religious, sex is suppose to be within a marriage, so most of us are doing it right. :lol:

Then there is that thought, word and deed part...

Forum List

Back