Married people . . .

Some of you seem to be saying that you know your wife or husband would not do these things, and that is why you trust them and you have confidence in the fact that your spouses love you enough to respect you and not do these kinds of things and not so much that you wouldn't mind it at all if they actually did these things. :)

If you want to get religious, sex is suppose to be within a marriage, so most of us are doing it right. :lol:

Then there is that thought, word and deed part...

You don't have to be religious to take commitment seriously. Why would you think that? I'm sorry, but some of us can actually have morals and values that are not related to a "religious" belief or a fear of a God. ;) But I digress, the thread is not about religion but commitment and marriage and where you would draw the line on the behavior regarding yourself and your spouse.

Why do you think married people would start numerous threads about sex and dating, people who have been married for years and years and who are not even in the dating world (or shouldn't be - lol)?

Why does it seem as if some married people are starved for affection/attention. Of course, I am referring to some people here on USMB but I won't mention names. :D

I find it curious that married people would prefer to discuss such things with strangers on the internet instead of with their partners. They seem to especially gravitate towards the opposite sex as if they are "looking" for something.

Thoughts?

I believe some start these threads to read the thoughts of others, and might not mean anything at all. Now with that written I am not sure which poster are cyber-sexing and remember another site years ago that is no longer around that had a woman that was cyber-sexing and offered to meet up with me here in Houston in a private message, and I nicely told her hell no, and she was married.

So it does happen, and I do not condone such acts because if you are married, and cheating on your spouse then file for divorce and live the single life.

Finally, never date anyone that is on a political message board because most of us are missing a screw or two in the noggin that we believe is normal...

How about if I word it this way? IF your wife or your husband did these kinds of things, would you then trust them? Would you think there was a problem? I'm pretty sure that Ringel covered that already, acknowledging that he would think something was wrong with the relationship and there was something that needed to be addressed.

I already acknowledged I think Bonzi has a problem. The question is whether she is trying to find answers through her posting or looking for a partner. I think she is looking for solutions, not a poster. Unconventional, but that is part of Bonzi.

If you want to get religious, sex is suppose to be within a marriage, so most of us are doing it right. :lol:

Then there is that thought, word and deed part...

You don't have to be religious to take commitment seriously. Why would you think that? I'm sorry, but some of us can actually have morals and values that are not related to a "religious" belief or a fear of a God. ;) But I digress, the thread is not about religion but commitment and marriage and where you would draw the line on the behavior regarding yourself and your spouse.

I consider marriage a religious contract, so that is me. Sorry if I offended those equally committed folks.

Why do you think married people would start numerous threads about sex and dating, people who have been married for years and years and who are not even in the dating world (or shouldn't be - lol)?

Why does it seem as if some married people are starved for affection/attention. Of course, I am referring to some people here on USMB but I won't mention names. :D

I find it curious that married people would prefer to discuss such things with strangers on the internet instead of with their partners. They seem to especially gravitate towards the opposite sex as if they are "looking" for something.

Thoughts?

I believe some start these threads to read the thoughts of others, and might not mean anything at all. Now with that written I am not sure which poster are cyber-sexing and remember another site years ago that is no longer around that had a woman that was cyber-sexing and offered to meet up with me here in Houston in a private message, and I nicely told her hell no, and she was married.

So it does happen, and I do not condone such acts because if you are married, and cheating on your spouse then file for divorce and live the single life.

Finally, never date anyone that is on a political message board because most of us are missing a screw or two in the noggin that we believe is normal...

By "cyber sexing" I mean having very explicit sexual conversations. Say your wife said, on this forum, I want to be thrown up against the wall and fucked or something to that effect? Would that be okay by you? Would you consider that "disrespectful" to you? I mean, there is flirting, and then there is "announcing." :D This is just an example of the type of behavior from a married person that I am referring to.

Obviously, such a comment is meant to garner a certain "response" from the opposite sex. :)

Some of you seem to be saying that you know your wife or husband would not do these things, and that is why you trust them and you have confidence in the fact that your spouses love you enough to respect you and not do these kinds of things and not so much that you wouldn't mind it at all if they actually did these things. :)
That is not what l said. I trust my husband because he is a good man and, like me, meant the marriage vows we took. If either of us were to betray the trust we have, it would be a very big deal. It would effect our relationship forever. The outcome would certainly not be expressed with a smiley face.

Thoughts?

By "cyber sexing" I mean having very explicit sexual conversations. Say your wife said, on this forum, I want to be thrown up against the wall and fucked or something to that effect? Would that be okay by you? Would you consider that "disrespectful" to you? I mean, there is flirting, and then there is "announcing." :D This is just an example of the type of behavior from a married person that I am referring to.

Obviously, such a comment is meant to garner a certain "response" from the opposite sex. :)

Well, if she did that and I caught her then I would ask her if understood what she is doing, and review the messages, and if I believe they were over the line the I would file for divorce.

Anyone searching for love on a site like this need to understand that this is not the place for it, and should try the dating sites instead.

That is not what l said. I trust my husband because he is a good man and, like me, meant the marriage vows we took. If either of us were to betray the trust we have, it would be a very big deal. It would effect our relationship forever. The outcome would certainly not be expressed with a smiley face.

I don't think you are getting the gist of my question. My question is IF your spouse behaved in such a manner, would that be okay with you. I am not saying that you think it is okay. :)

You are basically telling me here that you KNOW your spouse would not do these things, so you don't have to worry about this. You get no argument from me. This question requires using a little imagination, to imagine you are with a spouse who does go online and behave in such a way. I am wondering how many married people would be "okay" with that kind of behavior. How many would consider it to be a form of cheating? I am also curious to know where you would draw the line in your relationship between harmless flirting and something you would consider to be hurtful or cheating behavior.

Thoughts?

Well, if she did that and I caught her then I would ask her if understood what she is doing, and review the messages, and if I believe they were over the line the I would file for divorce.

Anyone searching for love on a site like this need to understand that this is not the place for it, and should try the dating sites instead.

Thanks for your honesty. I agree that this is a TERRIBLE place to find a love or even a lover for that matter. :D Lol.

I don't think you are getting the gist of my question. My question is IF your spouse behaved in such a manner, would that be okay with you. I am not saying that you think it is okay. :)

You are basically telling me here that you KNOW your spouse would not do these things, so you don't have to worry about this. You get no argument from me. This question requires using a little imagination, to imagine you are with a spouse who does go online and behave in such a way. I am wondering how many married people would be "okay" with that kind of behavior. How many would consider it to be a form of cheating? I am also curious to know where you would draw the line in your relationship between harmless flirting and something you would consider to be hurtful or cheating behavior.
I am obviously not able to give you the response you want. Good luck. Good bye.

I am obviously not able to give you the response you want. Good luck. Good bye.

I don't "want" any particular response. I just want to gauge what married people's feelings are about that . . . because it happens all the time apparently.

For my part I occasionally read dating related threads out of curiosity. I've been married a long time and married my childhood sweetheart so I'm waaaaaaay out of touch with today's dating scene and often find the discussions somewhat bizarre. An overwhelming concentration on sex and the occasional "where have all the real men/women gone".

As far as sex, I guess I should be out of the main stream as we have been together from such a young age that it was just a natural thing, as opposed to going out and "looking" for it.

Now the whole "where have all the real...", that is just bizarre.

Forum List

Back