Mark Meadows’s irrelevant memories about whether Trump declassified documents: The President declassified the documents by taking the documents.

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Leftists are still blubbering about supposedly "classified documents" that Trump took with him when he left the White House. They claim to support Law and Order, but the truth is they don't even know the law.
Leftists are excited. They’ve got him now because Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff, doesn’t recall Trump declassifying the documents later seized at Mar-a-Lago. In fact, that’s a big “who cares?”. Trump didn’t need to follow bureaucratic requirements to declassify anything. As one with plenary power over national security under the Constitution, merely by taking them with him, he declassified them.
ABC News' story :
Appearing to contradict former President Donald Trump's primary public defense in the classified documents case, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has told special counsel Jack Smith's investigators that he could not recall Trump ever ordering, or even discussing, declassifying broad sets of classified materials before leaving the White House, nor was he aware of any "standing order" from Trump authorizing the automatic declassification of materials taken out of the Oval Office, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.
Ever since the FBI's seizure of more than 100 classified documents from his Mar-a-Lago estate last August, Trump has insisted that he declassified all the materials before he left office.
Trump is correct. He declassified the documents by taking the documents. That’s all he needed to do.
Let me explain.
National security questions belong solely to the president. That’s not me saying that; that’s the Supreme Court saying that:
The President, after all, is the “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States.” U.S.Const., Art. II, § 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant.

Leftists are still blubbering about supposedly "classified documents" that Trump took with him when he left the White House. They claim to support Law and Order, but the truth is they don't even know the law.
Leftists are excited. They’ve got him now because Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff, doesn’t recall Trump declassifying the documents later seized at Mar-a-Lago. In fact, that’s a big “who cares?”. Trump didn’t need to follow bureaucratic requirements to declassify anything. As one with plenary power over national security under the Constitution, merely by taking them with him, he declassified them.
ABC News' story :

Trump is correct. He declassified the documents by taking the documents. That’s all he needed to do.
Let me explain.
National security questions belong solely to the president. That’s not me saying that; that’s the Supreme Court saying that:
It doesn't work that way stupid. Trump can't sell classified documents to Saudi Arabia and then claim he declassified them. He put people's lives at risk and you are defending him?

Saudi Arabia Wires U.S. $100 Million as Trump Proclaims M.B.S. Innocent​

Then 4 months after Trump leaves office with classified documents the Saudi's gave him $2 billion dollars?

Are you kidding me?

I declassified them with my mind will not cut it in court.
Didn't Republicans cry about Bill Clinton taking classified documents out of the White House on his way out? Who knew he declassified them before he took them.

If Republicans truly feel the president has this power why did they go after Clinton for it?

And does Biden have this power?

Didn't Republicans cry about Bill Clinton taking classified documents out of the White House on his way out? Who knew he declassified them before he took them.

If Republicans truly feel the president has this power why did they go after Clinton for it?

Seems so as he hasn't been charged despite a garage full of them.

ABC News' story :

Let me explain.
You Snowflakes keep shouting that into the ether and maybe eventually someone will come along who gives a shit. 😄 Until then his ass is getting prosecuted.

And...keep going. The presidential records Act of 1978 gave Clinton the authority and the courts sided with Clinton based on that Act just as they will with Trump.

You Snowflakes keep shouting that into the ether and maybe eventually someone will come along who gives a shit. 😄 Until then his ass is getting prosecuted.
It will get thrown out when it goes to court.

Thanks for admitting that you don't give a damn about the law. You just want to prosecute Trump.

Hillary is not the president, moron. She didn't have the authority to declassify anything.

How many times does this shit have to be explained to you brain-dead morons?

Seems so as he hasn't been charged despite a garage full of them.
Neither was Trump charged until he lied to the FBI and didn't turn over all his classified documents. See how Trump goes too far?

I also believe Trump made the penalty for doing this harsher when he was president. So he has only himself to blame. He made what he did a felony with prison time. What was he thinking? Probably that the laws didn't apply to him. No ones going to lock up a former president right? Yea, that's what Trump was thinking. What's the word for that? Brazen?

bold and without shame.
"he went about his illegal business with a brazen assurance"
synonyms: bold, shameless, as bold as brass, brazen-faced, forward, presumptuous, brash, immodest, unashamed, unabashed, unembarrassed, unblushing, defiant, impudent, insolent, impertinent, cheeky, pert, barefaced, blatant, flagrant, undisguised, brassy, pushy, saucy

Yep.

And they have the standard fallback: Anything that doesn't go their way, like this law, a court ruling or a verdict, ONLY happened because the courts are rigged.

How HANDY is THAT!

:spinner:

Forum List

Back