Marines Without Leader For First Time In Over 100 Years. GOP Holding Military Families Hostage

giphy.gif

Gen. David Berger stepped down as commandant of the Marine Corps on Monday, but had no permanent successor to hand off to, leaving the service without a Senate-confirmed leader for the first time since 1910.

The lapse in command is because Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama is blocking senior military nominations in protest of a Pentagon abortion policy.

Republicans hate our military.
skews13 sez: "Republicans hate our military."
You're grossly mistaken.

It wouldn’t change his authority to do so which is what we are talking about.

Correct, because as the confirmed Commandant he has the authority, as the acting one he does not.

Did you never have an acting CO during your time in?

I do not think so. Denying leadership the right to advance over some political issues is beyond the pale
That’s not what’s happening though is it. The Senate is just required to consider and vote on each appointment individually vs as a batch vote correct? And in the interim the guy who’s up for vote is in the billet and has all the authorities of the billet. So the vote is essentially a formality and won’t change anything substantive when it happens unless they vote against conformation.

Correct, because as the confirmed Commandant he has the authority, as the acting one he does not.
His authorities are the same. That’s what I’m trying to get through your thick fucking skull.

“Gen. Eric Smith will have all the authorities of the leader of the Marine Corps when he steps in as acting commandant after Gen. David Berger retires July 10—except for an important few.

“I can't live in the house, can't use a security detail. I cannot write a commandant’s planning guidance because I am not the commandant. That 39th commandant is to be determined by the Senate, whoever that may be,” the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps told reporters Thursday at the Modern Day Marine Expo in Washington.”

“Under the law, Smith can serve as the acting commandant, but he can do nothing that would presume confirmation. As a result, he can't move into the main residence or the commandant's office, or issue any new formal commandant's planning guidance, which is traditional for a new leader. He has the authority to implement new policies such as budget, training and other personnel decisions.”
Did you never have an acting CO during your time in?
Yeah and they have all the authority of a CO.

What is the difference between the Marines and the Boy Scouts?

The Boy Scouts have adult leadership.

What is the difference between the Marines and The Boy Scouts of America.

The groomed rabid leftists have destroyed the Boy Scouts and have only begun to destroy the Marines.

skews13 sez: "Republicans hate our military."

beautress said: You're grossly mistaken.

Golfing Gator said: I do not think so. Denying leadership the right to advance over some political issues is beyond the pale.

Republican men populate our military because they are patriotic and they believe it's their duty. I'm sure Democrats do the same.

Blaming all Republicans for the decision of one of them you disagree with has not been explained well enough to be a point of debate. We have military heroes in our ranks who served with love for this country, and so do Democrats. They don't deserve anyone's grossly mistaken indignation over someone they may never have met.

Leaving Americans behind by jerking the military out of Afghanistan is a good example of the confusion surrounding President Biden, whose confused speech claimed there were fewer Americans than 200 one minute and that he evacuated out 5,600 a few weeks later. Even "Fact Check" had different numbers, and the entire fiasco was riddled with a lot of finger-pointing and information that changed from day to day and week to week. I found "Fact Check" seemed to be a riddled with problematic sources, but the civilian Americans and their Afghan supporters who were facing torture and death after our troops left because President ordered their departure pronto.

I ran into several discussions online that both Republican and Democrat military families were horrified by leaving Americans and our allies behind. That a person here takes one incident and claims that Republicans hate the military are quite frankly lying, and I don't have to tolerate somebody lying about my party hating the very people we pray for every night and adore the men in our families who dutifully and willingly served and brought home substantial honors from WWI, WWII, Viet Nam, areas affected by the Cold War, Korea, and the Middle East. Saying Republicans hate the military is a bonafide crazymaker communication that is intolerable considering the number of Republicans have a history dating back to the Revolutionary War and every war and skirmish since then. I took Communication 101, and the least honorable error of communication is making unfounded and ridiculous claims against many, many honorable Republican military families in this nation. And you're supporting that particular crazymaker. How can you live with yourself?

Have you wondered why we don't have "acting" people throughout government?
Acting people in charge don't have any visions for the future. They just want to keep the day to day operation going.
Which is far better than enacting the “vision” these monsters want, such as having pregnant women murder their own babies.

Have you wondered why we don't have "acting" people throughout government?
Acting people in charge don't have any visions for the future. They just want to keep the day to day operation going.

That is all the position needs, for the most part. Anyone who thinks the USMC is less ready to fight to defend us has not paid attention.

Why doesn't Sleepy Joe appoint someone who is actually confirmable then, if this is so critically important?

Plenty of Pro-Life Marines out there, you know.

the commandant must be appointed based on military leadership to usmc standards, not because he is "woke" to some little domestic policy issue.

semper fi.

We should try this with the position of POTUS next. Come Jan of 2025 lets for a few months without one and see if they are really needed.
Why? Expecting the 2024 winner to be someone you don't care for?

We could start that now, as far as I'm concerned. Move the first family out for six months, and give the cleaning crews a chance to vacuum out the white powder, and the SS to clear out any passed out hookers laying around.

Forum List

Back