Marines Without Leader For First Time In Over 100 Years. GOP Holding Military Families Hostage

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Gen. David Berger stepped down as commandant of the Marine Corps on Monday, but had no permanent successor to hand off to, leaving the service without a Senate-confirmed leader for the first time since 1910.

The lapse in command is because Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama is blocking senior military nominations in protest of a Pentagon abortion policy.

Republicans hate our military.

As much as I hate that one Senator can have this much power and I think his stance is fucking stupid, this is really not a big deal.

The Commandant is an administrative position and has far less power than one would assume. They have no operational control over the Marines as that is delegated to Area Commanders such as CENTCOM or the Southern Command.

So, the USMC survived this same situation over 100 years ago, yet still thrived. You folks will whine about anything.

We should try this with the position of POTUS next. Come Jan of 2025 lets for a few months without one and see if they are really needed.

Gen. David Berger stepped down as commandant of the Marine Corps on Monday, but had no permanent successor to hand off to, leaving the service without a Senate-confirmed leader for the first time since 1910.

The lapse in command is because Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama is blocking senior military nominations in protest of a Pentagon abortion policy.

1689077252286.jpeg

Pretty sure the difference is that they teach the Marines to defend themselves from fags, whereas the Bot Scouts embraced them. Although both now face recruitment problems because of woke policies.
The Marines are fags with the Navy fags, says this Dogface.

Aww poor skrewey....they will just designate an interim guy to run the Marines, its okay. They will protect you and nothing will happen to your welfare or SNAP bennies.

I agree. I don't know why Republicans would put up with a sanctimonious creep like Tuberville.

I served 25 years in the Navy as a Republican....and you served in which branch of the military skrewey?? I certainly don't hate our military liar.

Actually, Sleepy Joe is the one who hates the USMC. Not the GOP or the Tremendous Sen. Tuberville. Tuberville is representing all of the great people of Alabama, even though he's an Auburn fellow, he still represents Crimson Tide fans as well. And people agree that they don't want a Pro-Abort, antilifer heading out Marine Corps.

Why does Biden refuse to appoint someone actually competent to the job, instead of a radical leftist? Do you really think that the invasion of Iwo Jima would have gone off smoother if the USMC sent an invasion force of She-Males instead?

Forum List

Back