Marijuana Smoking Lowers IQ

Marijuana is more damaging to the lungs and brain than cigarettes.

Liberals are busy banning cigarettes while pushing marijuana on people.....typical insanity.

We welcome the report confirming what we always feared and suspected. It provides further evidence that prohibition has and will fail to protect the most vulnerable and youngest in society. It is high time to regulate cannabis as we do alcohol and tobacco, which also pose grave threats to young people's development. The study's author confirms that adult use of cannabis is relatively safe. Another study out of the University of Colorado shows that well regulated dispensaries, which allow adults safe access to medicinal cannabis, do not increase teen drug use. This clearly shows the necessity of proactive cannabis regulation

Jason Reed: Cannabis Use Can Lower Teenage IQs? - It's High Time We Take This Seriously

I offer the following as defence to Obama and his poor work history as POTUS. Just think how smart he would have been if he had not "enthusiastically" used drugs at a young age. Or did cocaine or drive in a gin induced haze. And that is just what he admits too.

Marijuana Smoking Lowers IQ

Marijuana Smoking Lowers IQ | Disinformation

Young people who smoke cannabis for years run the risk of a significant and irreversible reduction in their IQ, research suggests.

Obama and his choom gang:

Obama and His Pot-Smoking ‘Choom Gang’ - ABC News

Does chronic use of pot affect your body any worse than chronic use of alcohol?

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

People who have been drinking large amounts of alcohol for long periods of time run the risk of developing serious and persistent changes in the brain. Damage may be a result of the direct effects of alcohol on the brain or may result indirectly, from a poor general health status or from severe liver disease.

Up to 80 percent of alcoholics, however, have a deficiency in thiamine (15), and some of these people will go on to develop serious brain disorders such as Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome (WKS) (16).

Drinking during pregnancy can lead to a range of physical, learning, and behavioral effects in the developing brain, the most serious of which is a collection of symptoms known as fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).

Last edited:
Drinking alcohol is far more damaging on the brain than marijuana.
I used to go to school with a guy that swore he performed better academically while under the influence of pot. The man was pure genious...and always smoked a bowl or two prior to taking exams and almost always passed with flying colors.

Ths is pretty stupid. Any of you anti-pot people President or ever been president? The last three presidents have admitted drug use and no matter what you feel about their policies, they still have done something only 44 men have ever accomplished.. I know a lot of people that have smoked weed and still do and are doing pretty well. I know people that smoke a ton of weed in college and they will be going to med school, law school or directly into the financial sector next year. Weed doesnt do anything to your IQ. Its the person who places weed above being successful who damages themselves. just like those who put alcohol, gambeling, prostitutes etc. over their success that. Its not the Weed its the person.

Are you trying to tell me that smoking dope made Owe Bama the complete ass hole that he is? I thought he came by it naturally.

For all of you idiots who believe smoking weed does not lower your IQ, might I suggest you yell upstairs and ask your parents their opinion.

For all of you idiots who believe smoking weed does not lower your IQ, might I suggest you yell upstairs and ask your parents their opinion.

For all of those idiots who believe smoking weed lowers your IQ, might I suggest yelling the last three presidents who have three Yale dgrees, two Harvard degrees and one Oxford degree, combined..which one did you go to?

Ths is pretty stupid. Any of you anti-pot people President or ever been president? The last three presidents have admitted drug use and no matter what you feel about their policies, they still have done something only 44 men have ever accomplished.. I know a lot of people that have smoked weed and still do and are doing pretty well. I know people that smoke a ton of weed in college and they will be going to med school, law school or directly into the financial sector next year. Weed doesnt do anything to your IQ. Its the person who places weed above being successful who damages themselves. just like those who put alcohol, gambeling, prostitutes etc. over their success that. Its not the Weed its the person.

Yep I know plenty of very intelligent people who smoke, it's the people who sit around all day and do nothing but smoke weed that are the problem. I don't know anyone who beats up their wife after smoking weed, I can't say the same for drinking alcohol.

For all of those idiots who believe smoking weed lowers your IQ, might I suggest yelling the last three presidents who have three Yale dgrees, two Harvard degrees and one Oxford degree, combined..which one did you go to?

dgrees? :lol: Obviously you didn't go there. I really don't believe three success stories makes for a very convincing argument on your part.

dgrees? :lol: Obviously you didn't go there. I really don't believe three success stories makes for a very convincing argument on your part.

Youre right my typo discredits me from any quality college. If only i checked it I could have gotten in! I have plenty of success stories. Half of my friends smoke weed on a 2-3 time a week basis.. Do you want to hear their plans after college or do you get my point? It isnt the weed, it is the person.

Really? You're going to point out a typo just because you oppose his view? If you're going to 'go there' then I believe you should call upstairs and ask your parents their opinion on the matter as well.

My parents never did. They are long dead. Let's presume that you really mean some in their 50s or 60s. Someone like me. I never smoked weed. None of my friends smoked weed. I know a woman who is 60 and still smokes weed. She is bed ridden and cared for by an 85 year old mother that never smoked weed. My son is almost 50 and has never smoked weed. Like myself if he knows someone smokes weed, he won't let them through the door.

Really? You're going to point out a typo just because you oppose his view? If you're going to 'go there' then I believe you should call upstairs and ask your parents their opinion on the matter as well.

The typo played perfectly into my rebuttal... Thanks for your input, but I left home at 18 so unless I pick up a phone... I wont be getting much of a response.

Youre right my typo discredits me from any quality college. If only i checked it I could have gotten in! I have plenty of success stories. Half of my friends smoke weed on a 2-3 time a week basis.. Do you want to hear their plans after college or do you get my point? It isnt the weed, it is the person.

Good luck finding a great job after College, because when it's time to pee in the bottle as part of the hiring process, it isn't the person... It's the weed.

My parents never did. They are long dead. Let's presume that you really mean some in their 50s or 60s. Someone like me. I never smoked weed. None of my friends smoked weed. I know a woman who is 60 and still smokes weed. She is bed ridden and cared for by an 85 year old mother that never smoked weed. My son is almost 50 and has never smoked weed. Like myself if he knows someone smokes weed, he won't let them through the door.

There seems to lie our problem. Its a generational thing. My parents think I have never smoked weed, but hey I dont give them reason to think otherwise. I understand that you grew up in the "hippie" generation that smoked a lot of weed, but correct me if I am wrong (Not sarcastic) wasnt there a larger opposition to it? With us , if you smoke weed or dont, no one really cares, sort of like ciggarettes for your generation. The crowd I hang out with, some of them smoke, some of them dont, but no one makes a deal of it. Weed for us is something done to relax, kinda like drinking. It all just goes back to my original point, its the person, not the weed.

Good luck finding a great job after College, because when it's time to pee in the bottle as part of the hiring process, it isn't the person... It's the weed.[/QUOT

If you arent a habitual smoker its no biggie. It clears after four weeks tops. My buddy smoked three weeks prioror to a drug test and got the job. trust me drug tests are purly a formality

From your post one could successfully argue that it tends to either prove smoking pot makes you a pathological lier, or that the ability one to regurgitate what was taught coherently is not related to IQ or effected by the consumption of THC. However, the first of the three did not inhale, the second was reported by the left to be dumber then a door knob, and the third one, simply a pathological lier. But then again, it may be a reflection of the quality of education received from the aforementioned institutions.

Forum List

Back