Marijuana: It’s Time for a Conversation

It's wrong to tell people what they can and cannot put in their own bodies, considering one's body is their own property.

This criminal law just cost me about $4,000.

Since I could afford a lawyer I wasn't a felon.

Had I been too poor for a lawyer, I would have been.

Criminal Justice?

Yeah, that's about what it is. Crime masquerading as justice.

This criminal law just cost me about $4,000.

Since I could afford a lawyer I wasn't a felon.

Had I been too poor for a lawyer, I would have been.

Criminal Justice?

Yeah, that's about what it is. Crime masquerading as justice.

People are hypocrites. Look at Rush Limbaugh.

Here's another example. My one friend got a felony drug charge 3 years ago. 2 other friends who are brothers, disowned him. Didn't want anything to do with him.

Well just recently one of them had the cops called on him because his radio was too loud. The radio turned on by itself. So the cops went in to make sure everything was alright and they saw his pot sitting on the counter. So they waited for him to come home and they arrested him.

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! How's Karma for you? :lol:

So I just saw the other brother and said, "care to rethink disowning that other buddy considering what just happened to your brother?"

And OOPS!!! He didn't know his brother got arrested. :lol:

Serves them right. Judgemental mother fuckers.

Keep Cocaine and Acid and Heroine as ILLEGAL, but for god sakes, Pot is NOTHING!!!! It's about time us pot heads stood up and told the rest of you to lighten up!!

Possession of less than an ounce of weed became a civil offense today in MA.

Possession of less than an ounce of weed became a civil offense today in MA.

No good enough.

Possession of Hemp, or growing hemp, or buying or selling or transporting hemp is NOT a crime.

Using the law to harass, imprison or shake down people who do?

Now THAT is a crime.

No good enough.

Possession of Hemp, or growing hemp, or buying or selling or transporting hemp is NOT a crime.

Now THAT is a crime.

It's a step ...

But I was wondering ... the cops will still have probable cause to search your or your car if they smell weed even though it's a civil offense, right?

It's a step ...

But I was wondering ... the cops will still have probable cause to search your or your car if they smell weed even though it's a civil offense, right?

Agreed, but it STILL criminalizes people who are NOT criminals.

If you're intoxicated on hemp while driving you ought to go to jail just like somebody who is drinking alcohol or doing drugs and driving.

Of course, having some decent way to establish what (or if!) the sobriety level is for hemp is damned near impossible, because hemp does NOT effect people's ability to drive like alcohol or most drugs do.

This whole area needs to be explored scientically and dispassionately so that we can figure out how much THC it take to make one an unsafe driver.

Right now I don't think they have a clue about that.

Last edited:
No good enough.

Now THAT is a crime.

I hear we could possibly use hemp for bio deasel and get off of foreign oil! No wonder the GOP doesn't want hemp/pot legalized. They'll argue from a moral standpoint, but we all know they are not moral unless there is a political advantage to it.

Agreed, but it STILL criminalizes people who are NOT criminals.

If you're intoxicated on hemp while driving you ought to go to jail just like somebody who is drinking alcohol or doing drugs and driving.

Of course, having some decent way to establish what (or if!) the sobriety level is for hemp is damned near impossible, because hemp does NOT effect people's ability to drive like alcohol or most drugs do.

This whole area needs to be explored scientically and dispassionately so that we can figure out how much THC it take to make one an unsafe driver.

Right now I don't think they have a clue about that.

I remember when I first started smoking. Freshman year of college. Had I taken one or two puffs and gotten behind the wheel, I would have killed someone.

Today, I can smoke every hour on the hour from Michigan down to Florida and not have a single problem, except maybe driving too cautiously and eating while I'm driving. :lol:

I remember when I first started smoking. Freshman year of college. Had I taken one or two puffs and gotten behind the wheel, I would have killed someone.

Today, I can smoke every hour on the hour from Michigan down to Florida and not have a single problem, except maybe driving too cautiously and eating while I'm driving. :lol:

yeah, I understand what you're saying.

So much for the "hemp is fifty time smore powerful today than the 60's" myth, eh?

So really, there may be no way to establish a safe limit for driving and hemp use.

That is not a good thing.

Because what that means is that if the facist motherfuckers decide to start testing people for THC use, they can call anyone who smoked anything in the last 30 days OUI.

We all know this would be absurd, but given that our legal system (for stoners, at least) is a Kafka novel it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

They have ALREADY made gun ownership for stoners a tremendous threat to our welfare.

The mere possession of hemp in your home, coupled with the LEGAL POSSESSION OF GUNS, makes that simply possession charge a potential felony.

The war on HEMP is really a POLTICAL WAR that NIXXON started back in the early 70s.

Over the objections of his advisors on drugs, Nixxon refused to legalize hemp because he knew that the majorioty of protestors ON the LEFT smoked hemp.

The fucking democratic party and the fucking so called liberals are no less willing to throw stoners on the funeral pyre than the republicans and conservatives.

The American war on hemp is a POLITICAL war, not a war for anybody's health or safety.

It's wrong to tell people what they can and cannot put in their own bodies, considering one's body is their own property.

I disagree. After seeing a friend deterioriate from addiction to heroine and watch him die in front of me for years, there is no fucking way that the government should legalize drugs that harm people.

We sue products when they harm us, yet now there are a few people who want to make these products that harm us, legal. :cuckoo:

Marijuana is a different story. It is a relatively harmless drug. But over 90% of hard drug users say that pot was the first drug they smoked. Smoking pot leads to smoking meth, or doing crack, heroine, cocaine, ex, lcd, etc.

Look at it like this - don't use any product that you wouldn't want your own 5 year old to use. Now if you have no problem envisioning a 5 year shooting up heroine, then you should truly get yourself checked into a hospital and give up your children.

yeah, I understand what you're saying.

So much for the "hemp is fifty time smore powerful today than the 60's" myth, eh?

So really, there may be no way to establish a safe limit for driving and hemp use.

That is not a good thing.

Because what that means is that if the facist motherfuckers decide to start testing people for THC use, they can call anyone who smoked anything in the last 30 days OUI.

We all know this would be absurd, but given that our legal system (for stoners, at least) is a Kafka novel it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

They have ALREADY made gun ownership for stoners a tremendous threat to our welfare.

The mere possession of hemp in your home, coupled with the LEGAL POSSESSION OF GUNS, makes that simply possession charge a potential felony.

The war on HEMP is really a POLTICAL WAR that NIXXON started back in the early 70s.

Over the objections of his advisors on drugs, Nixxon refused to legalize hemp because he knew that the majorioty of protestors ON the LEFT smoked hemp.

The fucking democratic party and the fucking so called liberals are no less willing to throw stoners on the funeral pyre than the republicans and conservatives.

The American war on hemp is a POLITICAL war, not a war for anybody's health or safety.

Last week on my liberal radio station, they had a guy on who wrote a book about about why pot should be legalized. He made a good point.

You know how Obama has admitted using drugs as a young adult? Had he gotten caught and convicted, he would have never been elected president.

The guy said, "isn't that horrible that we live in a society where almost everyone has used but the small percentage of us who get caught get a criminal record and it impacts our job opportunities the rest of our lives."

That is bullshit. Obama should be a criminal. Clinton should be a criminal and so should Bush. But they are not, simply because they were not caught.

I disagree. After seeing a friend deterioriate from addiction to heroine and watch him die in front of me for years, there is no fucking way that the government should legalize drugs that harm people.

We sue products when they harm us, yet now there are a few people who want to make these products that harm us, legal. :cuckoo:

Marijuana is a different story. It is a relatively harmless drug. But over 90% of hard drug users say that pot was the first drug they smoked. Smoking pot leads to smoking meth, or doing crack, heroine, cocaine, ex, lcd, etc.

Look at it like this - don't use any product that you wouldn't want your own 5 year old to use. Now if you have no problem envisioning a 5 year shooting up heroine, then you should truly get yourself checked into a hospital and give up your children.

Sucking your mothers breasts as a child leads to pot then because 90% of hard drug users breast fed.

And cigarettes should be made illegal too. I bet 90% of hard drug users smoked cigarettes too. And I bet they drank alcohol first too.

And gambling should be made illegal because some people can't handle it.

And a lot of people have "drug problems" because they have to pay $200 for an ounce of pot. Maybe if it were legal and only $20 for an ounce, it wouldn't be such a problem.

When you smoke pot,

Nothing happens.

It mellows me out. But I don't get fucked up like I used to. Sure, I will agree you shouldn't smoke pot and then take the wheel, just like you shouldn't take a sleeping pill and drive. I'll give you that.

But that hardly means it should be made illegal.

Forum List

Back