Marco Rubio - just another GObP idiot

Pub candidates have to act STUPID for their base. They lose because they're heartless selfish bought off douchebags...

Franco, you really need to post some stuff that actually supports your assertions instead of just telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are idiots.

You say "change the channel" a lot and I watch CNN, MSNBC, and NPR. I get the same stuff as FoxNews but with a liberal slant instead of a conservative slant.

If you listened to just Fox and Rush your rep would be over a thousand.

See sig, last line especially.

See my book, search for "Guilty of Just Thinking, the series" at Barnes and Noble.com- it's all there LOL
tyvm

Last edited:
Rubio is on the following committee. One would hope he was familiar with science.

Subcommittee on Science And Space: The Subcommittee has responsibility for science, engineering, and technology research and development and policy; calibration and measurement standards; and civilian aeronautical and space science and policy. The Subcommittee conducts oversight on the National Science Foundation, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Office of Science and Technology Policy.

Funny thing about that, I had drinks with two Scientists last month and I asked them both their opinions on the age of the Earth.

The PhD in Analytic Chemistry said it's hard to know for sure but the current vetted evidence says it's 4.5 billion years old. When I asked about the 6000 year "literal interpretation of the Bible" he said that it should be considered in context and with a grain of salt.

The PhD in Geophysics said that Carbon dating is the current method and that it puts the age of the earth at "just over 4.5 billion" and when I asked the same question he said, "Carbon dating is the linchpin. The fundamentalists don't believe in it and strangely enough they have a valid concern. But until it's been proven otherwise, this is what we're going with."

Then they turned the tables on me and asked me my opinion. I told them that I had always been taught 4.5 billion years and my amateur studies in Astronomy have confirmed this. Then they subjected me to a defense of my opinion and they both told me that my reasoning was as inconclusive as theirs.

It was an interesting evening and quite an insight into the process of Scientific "proof."

Now why is Rubio an idiot again? (outside of his political opportunism and you'll get no argument from me on that)

Did the geophysics guy really said that carbon dating could be used to go back 4.5 billion years? If so then why in the hell would you believe anyone so misinformed about his own science? This is a typical error that those who are not into science make so I am thinking you made up this conversation. At best carbon dating goes back only 70,000 years.

The real reason the age of the Earth is put at 4.5 billion years is because it HAS to be that old to support modern theory. There is absolutely no way to measure the age, except maybe with the decay of Uranium, in my opinon. Certainly carbon dating can't be used.

Funny thing about that, I had drinks with two Scientists last month and I asked them both their opinions on the age of the Earth.

The PhD in Analytic Chemistry said it's hard to know for sure but the current vetted evidence says it's 4.5 billion years old. When I asked about the 6000 year "literal interpretation of the Bible" he said that it should be considered in context and with a grain of salt.

The PhD in Geophysics said that Carbon dating is the current method and that it puts the age of the earth at "just over 4.5 billion" and when I asked the same question he said, "Carbon dating is the linchpin. The fundamentalists don't believe in it and strangely enough they have a valid concern. But until it's been proven otherwise, this is what we're going with."

Then they turned the tables on me and asked me my opinion. I told them that I had always been taught 4.5 billion years and my amateur studies in Astronomy have confirmed this. Then they subjected me to a defense of my opinion and they both told me that my reasoning was as inconclusive as theirs.

It was an interesting evening and quite an insight into the process of Scientific "proof."

Now why is Rubio an idiot again? (outside of his political opportunism and you'll get no argument from me on that)

Did the geophysics guy really said that carbon dating could be used to go back 4.5 billion years? If so then why in the hell would you believe anyone so misinformed about his own science? This is a typical error that those who are not into science make so I am thinking you made up this conversation. At best carbon dating goes back only 70,000 years.

The real reason the age of the Earth is put at 4.5 billion years is because it HAS to be that old to support modern theory. There is absolutely no way to measure the age, except maybe with the decay of Uranium, in my opinon. Certainly carbon dating can't be used.

A very valid point. Gimme a few minutes.

Response from the Geophysicist (he's on Facebook right now):

"No you idiot, I said Radiometric dating! Google it."

So there's that.

But I noticed a couple of accusatory statements in your rant. Why, if you think I'm ignorant of some scientific principles (which I just demonstrated I am) would you think it's a bad thing to believe him even if he's misinformed? He's a Geophysicist, how am I to know whether Carbon dating is accurate? I would have no basis to know if he is misinformed of his own science or not.

I think you just disagree with my statement and therefore have to attack the source and exploit a flaw.

Pub candidates have to act STUPID for their base. They lose because they're heartless selfish bought off douchebags...

Franco, you really need to post some stuff that actually supports your assertions instead of just telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are idiots.

You say "change the channel" a lot and I watch CNN, MSNBC, and NPR. I get the same stuff as FoxNews but with a liberal slant instead of a conservative slant.

If you listened to just Fox and Rush your rep would be over a thousand.

See sig, last line especially.

See my book, search for "Guilty of Just Thinking, the series" at Barnes and Noble.com- it's all there LOL
tyvm

Nah, you add nothing here. Ignore list for you.

os7vx1.jpg

A politician who is afraid to admit that Earth is billions of years old should not be allowed to come close to the Senate.

He will be rejecting any economic evidence just as well. He will be acting according to his faith even when it is obvious that his actions are damaging to the country and hurting his voters.

So JFK, FDR and Carter made damaging decisions? Interesting.

Didn't Obama just say he was going to need a lot of prayer?

That's different, they excuse a Democrat that believes in a God. Yet they use it against Republicans. Very hypocritical and very close minded bigotry. I have come to expect such bigotry from them.

And there's nothing silly about refusing a question that has absolutely nothing to do with any pending legislation or agenda items in the Senate.

But you bigoted haters just gotta find something to hate on, so it figures you'd find his refusal to play your silly-assed gotcha games as "anti-science".

Again, it's GQ, a fluffer mag. They also asked him who his best friend is....too bad you can't outlaw these question, eh? :lol:

Rubio's waffling on something as important as whether our future generations will be uneducated superstitious idiots is something you don't care about?

Nope. . I went to church as a youngster. As I got older I realized organized religion just wasn't for me. I never was a lemming going over the cliff because someone else did.

Most folks as they get older make up their own minds.

Your politicians will decide things for you, too. Things that affect the economic future of this country.

Your not caring certainly explains a great deal.

Unlike you, I don't mistake a lack of respect for organized religion with politicians and the economic fate of this country.

Most politicians don't make economic decisions based on religion.

How old is the earth?? I find I really don't care though I know its billions of years old.

Your post explains a lot about you as well.

Ok. Now I understand the Rubio attraction. Gotcha.

Regards from Rosie

Yo Rosie. Where do you live in Central Florida??

I rather like Rubio and quite honestly I could care how old he thinks the earth is.

Regards Claudette

Highlands County. A ruby red county for the last 20 years. Makes me truer bluer.

Yeah. I got that.

Regards from Rosie

Melbourne, Florida and redder than red. Though I'm not a rep. Fiscal Conservative all the way.

Glad you got it.

Regards Claudette

Last edited:
Coddling birthers and Young Earth Creationists in your responses in order to keep their votes, at the expense of alienating anyone with more than three brain cells, is a losing proposition.

When the FUCK will these idiots ever figure that out?

:confused::confused::confused:

You piss me clean off on a day to day. I live with a scientist. He makes me crazy over GMO's but that's a whole different ball game.

But when you morons talk your bullshit you never cease to amaze me because I live with a guy University of Toronto who showed me how life works.

I'm just a rock and roll chick. He's the guy. Hey. Do you want him to come in? He's called Traveller.

He'll kick your ass. Oh and by the way, by all means put up your credentials in the science field so he'll know what he is facing.

So please put up your credentials before he comes in.

I can't wait.

Does he know you are stupid enough to think you have to be a scientist not to believe the Earth is 6,000 years old?

dude, careful.

tinyprancer knows a guy who graduated from the university of toronto!

Forum List

Back