Marco Rubio - just another GObP idiot

And there's nothing silly about refusing a question that has absolutely nothing to do with any pending legislation or agenda items in the Senate.

A politician who is afraid to admit that Earth is billions of years old should not be allowed to come close to the Senate.

He will be rejecting any economic evidence just as well. He will be acting according to his faith even when it is obvious that his actions are damaging to the country and hurting his voters.

So JFK, FDR and Carter made damaging decisions? Interesting.

Marco Rubio: Actual Age Of Earth Is 'One Of The Great Mysteries'

"I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States," Rubio told GQ's Michael Hainey. "I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."
True that it has nothing to do with the GDP or economic growth but the last thing we need is another who can't make a decision or stand up to nutter creationists.

Rubio continued, refusing to take a stance on the planet's age, which scientists have long estimated at 4.54 billion years.
I'm not a scientist either but I knew that.

Oh yeah, that's right - I have an education and I read books (on such things as critical thinking) - both of which is against GObP/pubpot brainwashing.

He pointed out that the age of the universe isn't all that important to most people, why does that make him an idiot?

Just try and refute that Rubio is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That Rubio isn't the brightest Crayon in the box. That Rubio's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Oh. Right. Birds of a feather....

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie

Tell me right now, without using Google, why scientists have settled on the figure of 4.58 billion years for the age of the Earth, or forever be considered an idiot.

And there's nothing silly about refusing a question that has absolutely nothing to do with any pending legislation or agenda items in the Senate.

A politician who is afraid to admit that Earth is billions of years old should not be allowed to come close to the Senate.

He will be rejecting any economic evidence just as well. He will be acting according to his faith even when it is obvious that his actions are damaging to the country and hurting his voters.

So JFK, FDR and Carter made damaging decisions? Interesting.

Didn't Obama just say he was going to need a lot of prayer?

"I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States," Rubio told GQ's Michael Hainey. "I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."
True that it has nothing to do with the GDP or economic growth but the last thing we need is another who can't make a decision or stand up to nutter creationists.

Rubio continued, refusing to take a stance on the planet's age, which scientists have long estimated at 4.54 billion years.

Oh yeah, that's right - I have an education and I read books (on such things as critical thinking) - both of which is against GObP/pubpot brainwashing.

He pointed out that the age of the universe isn't all that important to most people, why does that make him an idiot?

Because he doesn't believe exactly as they.

Neither do you, what's your point?

Just try and refute that Rubio is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That Rubio isn't the brightest Crayon in the box. That Rubio's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie

Tell me right now, without using Google, why scientists have settled on the figure of 4.58 billion years for the age of the Earth, or forever be considered an idiot.

Geologic Time: Age of the Earth

Ahora escriba sus palabras sobre la tierra en español. ¿Ud. no puede? Ud. es un tonto por siempre.

Regards from Rosie

Rubio is on the following committee. One would hope he was familiar with science.

Subcommittee on Science And Space: The Subcommittee has responsibility for science, engineering, and technology research and development and policy; calibration and measurement standards; and civilian aeronautical and space science and policy. The Subcommittee conducts oversight on the National Science Foundation, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Office of Science and Technology Policy.

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie

Geologic Time: Age of the Earth

Ahora escriba sus palabras sobre la tierra en español. ¿Ud. no puede? Ud. es un tonto por siempre.

Regards from Rosie

Not only did you use Google, the link doesn't answer my question.

Did you notice that I was very specific about the age?

QED, you are now considered an idiot.

Ego crevit El Paso, Hispanica est secunda lingua. Latinam legere vos potestis tu Anglicus etiam?

Last edited:

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie
Oh, really?

Judging from the excerpt, it appears to me that Rubio is refusing to wade into a libtard booby trap subject, that has no bearing whatsoever upon his job as Senator.

Seems a rather intelligent move to me.

Well sure it does.

You rw's have only two requirements of your candidates: warm and walking walking upright.

Keep dancing.

Better than you, you only have one requirement: Democrat. No need for warmth nor walking upright.

We don't. We WIN with minorities, in case you didn't notice.

Second and especially third generation Cuban Americans are voting more and more Democratic. Better believe the Dems will seriously work on accelerating this shift.

Regards from Rosie

Somehow I don't believe the Latinos will be willing to live in the poverty that the democrats have perpetually heaped upon the African Americans. I think within a decade you'll see a shift toward conservatism.

Hispanics are not a monolithic voting bloc like African Americans. The vast majority are Mexican and have been alienated by the recent GOP primaries. Puerto Ricans have always voted as if they were New Yorkers (vast numbers are).

So unless the GOP steps up making inroads like they did in NM with Susana Martinez, the RW is in danger of losing generations of Hispanics. Duplicate her success to apply nationwide and you might have something there.

Regards from Rosie

Hence the reason the left is attacking Rubio. You're a little slow aren't you?

Rubio is on the following committee. One would hope he was familiar with science.

Subcommittee on Science And Space: The Subcommittee has responsibility for science, engineering, and technology research and development and policy; calibration and measurement standards; and civilian aeronautical and space science and policy. The Subcommittee conducts oversight on the National Science Foundation, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Office of Science and Technology Policy.

Funny thing about that, I had drinks with two Scientists last month and I asked them both their opinions on the age of the Earth.

The PhD in Analytic Chemistry said it's hard to know for sure but the current vetted evidence says it's 4.5 billion years old. When I asked about the 6000 year "literal interpretation of the Bible" he said that it should be considered in context and with a grain of salt.

The PhD in Geophysics said that Carbon dating is the current method and that it puts the age of the earth at "just over 4.5 billion" and when I asked the same question he said, "Carbon dating is the linchpin. The fundamentalists don't believe in it and strangely enough they have a valid concern. But until it's been proven otherwise, this is what we're going with."

Then they turned the tables on me and asked me my opinion. I told them that I had always been taught 4.5 billion years and my amateur studies in Astronomy have confirmed this. Then they subjected me to a defense of my opinion and they both told me that my reasoning was as inconclusive as theirs.

It was an interesting evening and quite an insight into the process of Scientific "proof."

Now why is Rubio an idiot again? (outside of his political opportunism and you'll get no argument from me on that)

Funny thing about that, I had drinks with two Scientists last month and I asked them both their opinions on the age of the Earth.

The PhD in Analytic Chemistry said it's hard to know for sure but the current vetted evidence says it's 4.5 billion years old. When I asked about the 6000 year "literal interpretation of the Bible" he said that it should be considered in context and with a grain of salt.

The PhD in Geophysics said that Carbon dating is the current method and that it puts the age of the earth at "just over 4.5 billion" and when I asked the same question he said, "Carbon dating is the linchpin. The fundamentalists don't believe in it and strangely enough they have a valid concern. But until it's been proven otherwise, this is what we're going with."

Then they turned the tables on me and asked me my opinion. I told them that I had always been taught 4.5 billion years and my amateur studies in Astronomy have confirmed this. Then they subjected me to a defense of my opinion and they both told me that my reasoning was as inconclusive as theirs.

It was an interesting evening and quite an insight into the process of Scientific "proof."

Now why is Rubio an idiot again? (outside of his political opportunism and you'll get no argument from me on that)

Did the geophysics guy really said that carbon dating could be used to go back 4.5 billion years? If so then why in the hell would you believe anyone so misinformed about his own science? This is a typical error that those who are not into science make so I am thinking you made up this conversation. At best carbon dating goes back only 70,000 years.

The real reason the age of the Earth is put at 4.5 billion years is because it HAS to be that old to support modern theory. There is absolutely no way to measure the age, except maybe with the decay of Uranium, in my opinon. Certainly carbon dating can't be used.

Did the geophysics guy really said that carbon dating could be used to go back 4.5 billion years? If so then why in the hell would you believe anyone so misinformed about his own science? This is a typical error that those who are not into science make so I am thinking you made up this conversation. At best carbon dating goes back only 70,000 years.

The real reason the age of the Earth is put at 4.5 billion years is because it HAS to be that old to support modern theory. There is absolutely no way to measure the age, except maybe with the decay of Uranium, in my opinon. Certainly carbon dating can't be used.

A very valid point. Gimme a few minutes.

Pub candidates have to act STUPID for their base. They lose because they're heartless selfish bought off douchebags...

Franco, you really need to post some stuff that actually supports your assertions instead of just telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are idiots.

You say "change the channel" a lot and I watch CNN, MSNBC, and NPR. I get the same stuff as FoxNews but with a liberal slant instead of a conservative slant.

Forum List

Back