Marco Rubio - just another GObP idiot

From your link above:

Scientists estimate that the Earth is more than 4.5 billion years old, but Rubio said that all viewpoints on the subject should be taught to children, including those rooted in religious faith.

"I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in seven days, or seven actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries," he said.

I don't care if they teach the Brother's Grimm - as long as they do it in their nutter fundie churches. They can fit it in between the snake handling and the foot washing.

because he didn't answer the deliberate booby trap question.

That question was a booby trap only because it exposed GOP as anti-science.
It was a booby trap because the "reporter" was fishing for Rubio to say something silly, that might fit a bigoted stereotype of bigoted fool asschops like you, and failed.

Too bad for you.

because he didn't answer the deliberate booby trap question.

That question was a booby trap only because it exposed GOP as anti-science.
It was a booby trap because the "reporter" was fishing for Rubio to say something silly

There is nothing silly in saying that Earth is a few billion years old.

Rubio could not offer an answer known to any fifth-grader only because it would be politically damaging for him -- and that's telling volumes about present GOP. The party simply rejects any facts contradicting its views -- whether it is about economics or geology.

Last edited:
And there's nothing silly about refusing a question that has absolutely nothing to do with any pending legislation or agenda items in the Senate.

But you bigoted haters just gotta find something to hate on, so it figures you'd find his refusal to play your silly-assed gotcha games as "anti-science".

Marco Rubio: Actual Age Of Earth Is 'One Of The Great Mysteries'

"I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States," Rubio told GQ's Michael Hainey. "I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

True that it has nothing to do with the GDP or economic growth but the last thing we need is another who can't make a decision or stand up to nutter creationists.

Rubio continued, refusing to take a stance on the planet's age, which scientists have long estimated at 4.54 billion years.

I'm not a scientist either but I knew that.

Oh yeah, that's right - I have an education and I read books (on such things as critical thinking) - both of which is against GObP/pubpot brainwashing.

just admit it Dudley.....you dont want a Brown guy in the White house.....

Just try and refute that Rubio is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That Rubio isn't the brightest Crayon in the box. That Rubio's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Oh. Right. Birds of a feather....

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie
watch out......you sound like a racist.....

Just try and refute that Rubio is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That Rubio isn't the brightest Crayon in the box. That Rubio's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Oh. Right. Birds of a feather....

Nevermind.

Regards from Rosie

Not one of them can refute it.

That's why the grade school level insults.

Love it.

fucking bigot.....make fun of a Brown guys education....

And there's nothing silly about refusing a question that has absolutely nothing to do with any pending legislation or agenda items in the Senate.

A politician who is afraid to admit that Earth is billions of years old should not be allowed to come close to the Senate.

He will be rejecting any economic evidence just as well. He will be acting according to his faith even when it is obvious that his actions are damaging to the country and hurting his voters.

Democrats need to start right away to destroy Marco Rubio, he's getting too popular.

So now we're going to be prohibited from disagreeing with Marco Rubio?

If it's inappropriate to disagree with Rubio, why is it appropriate for you to disagree with the President?

many Lefties here thought it was inappropriate to disagree with Obama.....and you got called a Bigot as a bonus.....

Democrats need to start right away to destroy Marco Rubio, he's getting too popular.

So now we're going to be prohibited from disagreeing with Marco Rubio?

If it's inappropriate to disagree with Rubio, why is it appropriate for you to disagree with the President?

That's right, declare war on Hispanics.. see how that works out for you. Why do liberals hate minorities?

they dont want a Brownie in the House.........

We don't. We WIN with minorities, in case you didn't notice.

Second and especially third generation Cuban Americans are voting more and more Democratic. Better believe the Dems will seriously work on accelerating this shift.

Regards from Rosie

Somehow I don't believe the Latinos will be willing to live in the poverty that the democrats have perpetually heaped upon the African Americans. I think within a decade you'll see a shift toward conservatism.

Hispanics are not a monolithic voting bloc like African Americans. The vast majority are Mexican and have been alienated by the recent GOP primaries. Puerto Ricans have always voted as if they were New Yorkers (vast numbers are).

So unless the GOP steps up making inroads like they did in NM with Susana Martinez, the RW is in danger of losing generations of Hispanics. Duplicate her success to apply nationwide and you might have something there.

Regards from Rosie

Mexicans feel that the Democrats are the "Lessor of Two Evils"......so dont think they buy the bullshit you feed them........

regards from Harry.....

"I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States," Rubio told GQ's Michael Hainey. "I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

True that it has nothing to do with the GDP or economic growth but the last thing we need is another who can't make a decision or stand up to nutter creationists.

Rubio continued, refusing to take a stance on the planet's age, which scientists have long estimated at 4.54 billion years.

Oh yeah, that's right - I have an education and I read books (on such things as critical thinking) - both of which is against GObP/pubpot brainwashing.

I see. Because you assume something, it must be true.:)

A politician who is afraid to admit that Earth is billions of years old should not be allowed to come close to the Senate.

He will be rejecting any economic evidence just as well. He will be acting according to his faith even when it is obvious that his actions are damaging to the country and hurting his voters.

And what on earth do you guys know about economic evidence? You've "buried the middle class" with this economy, to borrow a line from Joe Biden. Yet, you are going to double down on the same policies and expect a turn around.

I have a suggestion for those on the left you might worry more about your own party's future because Obama is not running again I seriously doubt you want Biden in 2016 Hillary has problems now with Benghazi in case you have not noticed you have no standout up and comers which I suspect explains why the Rubio attacks have started less than two weeks after the election.

A lot of good that education is doing you...

"...both of which is..."

Too fucking funny, especially when it follows your proud declaration, "Oh yeah, that's right - I have an education and I read books..."

Forum List

Back