Manhattan Muslims Unite

cad

Jul 28, 2010
Does anyone know how many Muslims are in Manhattan?
Does lower Manhattan have a large muslim population that is in need of a place of worship? Where do most muslims live in NYC?

I was there recently. Masjid Manhattan can't accommodate all of its worshipers. Most of them can't fit in the building; they have to pray on the street... hence the new building.

But is the new building a mosque or a community center, Kalam?
With all of the random crap they're putting in it, it sounds like more of a community center.

That's what it sounds like to me. What do you think of it? Is it a good idea?
I'm not sure. I never really expected it to be such an issue. I don't see as good or bad as much as I see it as a natural and expected means of accommodating the area's growing Muslim community.

Not for nothin', Mr. Fitnah but IMO the question is "how do Americans define innocence"? Unless there's any evidence at all the Muslim community in Manhatten is tied to, sympathetic towards, or supportive of terrorism....they have all the same rights as any other Americans.

Not for nothin', Mr. Fitnah but IMO the question is "how do Americans define innocence"? Unless there's any evidence at all the Muslim community in Manhatten is tied to, sympathetic towards, or supportive of terrorism....they have all the same rights as any other Americans.

They have the Right to be Bigot's. ;) That does not have to be supported or encouraged. We all have a Right to Free Speech, and we all have a Right to our feelings and beliefs.

Its not terrorism ,its jihad.
Many muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people"
How does Islam define innocent? http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html?highlight=islam+forbids
Our military forces takes great pains to avoid shedding of innocent blood .Far to many pains IMO.

They have the Right to be Bigot's. ;) That does not have to be supported or encouraged. We all have a Right to Free Speech, and we all have a Right to our feelings and beliefs.

They have "the right to be bigots"? As in, Muslims believe only Muslims will go to heaven? (If in fact, that's what they believe.) Does that make members of the RCC or any of a thousand other christian sects "bigots' for believing theirs is "The Only Way"?

Its not terrorism ,its jihad.
Many muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people"
How does Islam define innocent? http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html?highlight=islam+forbids
Our military forces takes great pains to avoid shedding of innocent blood .Far to many pains IMO.

In this country, we don't arrest people or restrict their civil liberties for what they think, Mr. Fitnah. I hatehatehate some of the professed beliefs of many religions but I am willing to live with them, and I see no reason to do any less for Muslims merely because a few Saudis/Taliban bombed the WTC and the Pentagon.

Islamophobes say they don't want the Mosque built around so called "ground zero" because it is "Sacred" and "Holy ground".

Yet, even closer to the proposed site for the new mosque/community center.

There are strip joints and adult entertainment places. :cuckoo:

Street gang members are routinely arrested for gang association .
Islam is a street gang masquerading as a religion that is wrongly given protection do to political correctness.
Islams founding is thuggery.

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1871-street-gang-islam.jpg

They have "the right to be bigots"? As in, Muslims believe only Muslims will go to heaven? (If in fact, that's what they believe.) Does that make members of the RCC or any of a thousand other christian sects "bigots' for believing theirs is "The Only Way"?

Muslim's believe that Muslim's have more Right's than the rest of us. There is no Justice there, be it criminal, Civil, property, liberty. Who are you trying to kid???? Are They the only Religion to do that????? No. Are they the First to do that????? No. Does that justify the position or the imposition????? No.

My personal Faith, We are all created and Purposed by God, Each accountable, the same truth applies to us all, regardless of the brand. ;) The words one chooses in Worship, are between the Individual and their Maker. I have no position on that, in relation to others, except to advise and remind to put Conscience First in all things. We All matter, as Human Being's We are All Precious in God's Eye's. Our Tangent's, the burden's we place on other's, are the very obstacles we face, daily.

Street gang members are routinely arrested for gang association .
Islam is a street gang masquerading as a religion that is wrongly given protection do to political correctness.
Islams founding is thuggery.

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1871-street-gang-islam.jpg

I disagree that "street gang association" is a crime anywhere in the US. A person might get arrested for disorderly conduct or failure to dispurse, but apart from people on probation or parole, we don't have any criminal limitations on any American's Freedom of Association.

Islamophobes say they don't want the Mosque built around so called "ground zero" because it is "Sacred" and "Holy ground".

Yet, even closer to the proposed site for the new mosque/community center.

There are strip joints and adult entertainment places. :cuckoo:

My problem is the concept of a Victory Mosque. At worst it is true, at best, it is your past coming around and biting you in the Ass. It's an image problem Suni. Most any other Religion would have abandoned the plan long ago. The claimed purpose was defeated, way back, relocation was the compromise. I'm loaded with Mosques and even an Islamic School in my Neighborhood, which I have no problem with at all.

Forum List

Back