And you thought gas was expensive

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
New York is preparing to charge a "congestion tax" of $15/day, every day a driver enters Manhattan south of 61st street.

Small trucks and moving vans will need to pay $24 every time they enter the district, large trucks will need to pay $36, and motorcycles will need to pay $7.50. Rates will be in effect from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern.

Where will any businesses affected get the funds to pay for this added tax? You guessed it, from their customers.

MSN

New York is preparing to charge a "congestion tax" of $15/day, every day a driver enters Manhattan south of 61st street.

Small trucks and moving vans will need to pay $24 every time they enter the district, large trucks will need to pay $36, and motorcycles will need to pay $7.50. Rates will be in effect from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern.

Where will any businesses affected get the funds to pay for this added tax? You guessed it, from their customers.

MSN
A rain tax in Toronto, a carbon tax nationally in Canada, and NY doing the same.

This is government overspending and looking for every excuse to tax people into complete "paycheck to paycheck" status.

This doesn't end well and no one has the courage and principle to call it out.

... Manhattan south of 61st street ...

It's gonna cost me an extra $15 to drive to my Ferrari mechanic ... ouch ... almost not worth owning a Ferrari ...

$30 a day won't pay for the annual inspection for my Cessna 310 ... that's right, it costs $30 a day just to own an airplane, whether you touch it or not ... and flying the thing cost extra ... A LOT extra ...

Don't make a fuss ... just get on the bus ... and move to Alabama ... south of 61st is for The Rich and not you ...

Last edited:
It's gonna cost me an extra $15 to drive to my Ferrari mechanic ... ouch ... almost not worth owning a Ferrari ...

$30 a day won't pay for the annual inspection for my Cessna 310 ... that's right, it costs $30 a day just to own an airplane, whether you touch it or not ... and flying the thing cost extra ... A LOT extra ...

Don't make a fuss ... just get on the bus ... and move to Alabama ... south of 61st is for The Rich and not you ...
Are you on some sort of mind-altering chemicals?

MSN
i remember going across a green bridge into NYC. There was a toll to pay to cross the bridge. I asked the attendant where the money went, and he had no clue. It sure wasnt going to the bridge, because it looked like shit with rust and potholes.

1712078202453.png

A rain tax in Toronto, a carbon tax nationally in Canada, and NY doing the same.

This is government overspending and looking for every excuse to tax people into complete "paycheck to paycheck" status.

This doesn't end well and no one has the courage and principle to call it out.
It is the fleeing of the rich and middle class out of NY state and city that is making the left have to resort to taxing everyone else.

Your attempt at humor is about as funny as a root canal without the laughing gas. Translation of your garbage: I'll contort any way the dems tell me.

GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE TOLLS
**********************************very confusing

Tolls are collected in one direction only — in the southbound direction into San Francisco. Toll rates are effective July 1, 2023.

Number of Axles

(see chart)

FasTrak
Toll
License Plate Account & One-Time Payment
Toll
Invoice

2 Axles/
Motorcycles
$8.75
$9.00
$9.75

3 Axles
$26.25
$27.00
$29.25

4 Axles
$35.00
$36.00
$39.00

5 Axles
$43.75
$45.00
$48.75

6 Axles
$52.50
$54.00
$58.50

7 Axles or More
$61.25
$63.00
$68.25

Carpools
(Visit our Carpools & DMV Decals page for info & eligibility)
$6.75
n/a
n/a

Forum List

Back