Manhattan Muslims Unite

The Light, there were Muslims victims as well in 9/11. Nobody was killed for being a christian, Jew or atheist. They were all killed for being American.

Yes there were Muslims killed but that is about like saying the bad boys were killed during the Columbine shootings. I don't feel sorry for them. It was Muslims carrying out a mission in the name of their god to kill innocent Americans and nothing will change that.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the men who committed those murders managed to take that collective identity from us?

I couldn't agree with you more on that. That is why I am against the mosque and against the Muslims trying to divide Americans on this issue. Just simply move your mosque and we will all go on as fellow Americans.

The Light, how much farther from Ground Zero would the mosque need to be for you to be "comfy"? If it was in Queens, would that do? Would you feel "safer"? Why?

This controversy feels so totally artificial to me.

WTF is wrong with the name?

The Cordoba Initiative?

As a Spaniard It reminds me of the Muslim Invasion of Spain, coming in, converting people and putting mosques everywhere.

That's what pisses me off about the name.

Alhambra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*note, I support freedom of Religion. While I may be pissed at the Imam and the Location of the Mosque they have a right to do so.*

As a Spaniard It reminds me of the Muslim Invasion of Spain, coming in, converting people and putting mosques everywhere.
Oh, you mean the several hundred years where the Christians and Jews lived in peace under Muslim rule. And was the center of European enlightenment and knowledge.

Which ended when the Spanish Christians drove out the Muslims and expelled all of the Jews and started the Inquisition. :eusa_whistle:

I haven't heard ANY muslim here in America call the proposed mosque a "Victory Mosque".

That term is just Islamophobic hype used by the media to create hatred towards muslims and Islam. :evil:

Well, I have seen many varied responses from Muslims here in the US, since the Carter years. That is a good thing. We are all after all Individuals first. We encourage that kind of thing here. I have personally encountered Muslim's hostile to our Culture here, though I admit, that has been extremely rare. I would attribute it, to Human Nature being what it is, rather than Ideology, at least in part. In relation to the Victory Mosque Perspective, you are free to speak for yourself, and those you know, but nobody can speak for the whole, honestly. I had a Rabbi's wife as a customer once that was glad for 9/11. She told me that we had it easy for too long here, and now knew what Israel went through every day. The look on my face pretty much put my perspective in a real Chrystal clear focus. She has not called me back since. I truly don't believe the answer is in control, but education and growth, reform, transformation. The past is to learn from, it is a reminder when we are honest about it, the true path is determined by circumstance, relevance, and guided by conscience, not tradition.

Tawfik Hamid: Ground Zero Mosque Islamic Victory Symbol
Wednesday, 18 Aug 2010 01:47 PM Article Font Size
By: Jim Meyers

Islamic expert Tawfik Hamid tells Newsmax that many Muslims will view the construction of a mosque near ground zero as symbolizing a “triumph over America.”

He also declares that if the mosque is built it could prove to be the “spark” that begins a “war between civilizations.”

Hamid is well acquainted with the threats from radical Islam — he was once a member of a terrorist Islamic organization along with Dr. Ayman Al-Zawahiri, who later became the second in command of al-Qaida.

Hamid: Ground Zero Mosque Islamic Victory Symbol

The Cordoba Initiative?

*note, I support freedom of Religion. While I may be pissed at the Imam and the Location of the Mosque they have a right to do so.*

You are pissed off about something that happened in 700 AD, Tom Clancy? That's like an Irishman being pissed off at the Vikings, or the Normans, or the Romans. If I were Spanish, I'd be mighty proud of my Moorish ancestors. But I am glad at least you aren't in the "let's round 'em all up and deport 'em" crew.

Oh, you mean the several hundred years where the Christians and Jews lived in peace under Muslim rule. And was the center of European enlightenment and knowledge.

Which ended when the Spanish Christians drove out the Muslims and expelled all of the Jews and started the Inquisition. :eusa_whistle:

In peace? really? That's why the replaced churches with Mineretes and turned them into Mosques, oh and not to mention all the Converting that happened during the Invasion. It's ok, even a small percentage left of Spain we still kicked the crap out of the moores.

Yes it did, that's one thing I hate about Isabella, and since when do you care about jews now? :eusa_eh:

The Cordoba Initiative?

You are pissed off about something that happened in 700 AD, Tom Clancy? That's like an Irishman being pissed off at the Vikings, or the Normans, or the Romans. If I were Spanish, I'd be mighty proud of my Moorish ancestors. But I am glad at least you aren't in the "let's round 'em all up and deport 'em" crew.

It's the same thing with the Native Americans, even though it happened hundreds of years ago they're still pissed.

Yeah I'm pissed about it, why wouldn't I? They took over my Country and had the Convert now or death motto.

It's the same story during the Napoleonic era, do you know about it? You know when Spain and France we're "Allies" and Napoleon decided to put his brother in charge and betrayed the Spanish people? Leaving them without a country.. Where do you think the Guerrilla proved to be useful other than America? Spain has been invaded but never been eliminated, I'm proud of my Spanish Heritage more than anything.

And yes, I'm not part of that crowd, I don't believe a group of people shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion. Religion of freedom for All. ..right?

Islamic expert Tawfik Hamid

:lol:

The servant of Zionism?

We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs, Kalam. That wasn't even the point. The point was the reference to Victory Mosque.

It's merely attaching a Muslim name to a Western sentiment in an attempt to make it seem as if Muslims should agree with the West. When a controversy involving Muslims occurs, the West knows it can rely on its stooges in the so-called Muslim world to ensure everyone that "real Muslims" support Israel, lying about mosque-builder's intentions, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, etc.

Kalam, not for nothing, but if Arabs want to emigrate here, they should expect to become "westernized".

Else why come?

Why should that involve toeing the Western line with regard to political issues?

Forum List

Back