Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

Face it, if electric cars were better then they would dominate the market without the government forcing it on the people, period. You can't rationalize these laws anymore, people are wising up.

"Plug ins" use electricity, electricity is created by burning resources and polluting. "Plug ins" solve nothing.

GAWD do I have to fucking S-P-E-L-L this out for you AGAIN!!!??? IC engines are HIGHLY inefficeint compared to power plants.

Um ... there is no proof that electric vehicles are any more efficient. They still need oil for lubricant, they still need plastics (actually they need more plastic than internal combustion engines do), and they still use a lot of resources. The amount of fuel they use is actually more when you factor in horse power. You do realize that internal combustion engines also produce all the electricity the car uses, right? Even in old cars almost half the machine is run on electricity produced by the generator. The torque produced by an electric engine is no less than 25% lower than a combustion engine.

First of all BULLSHIT and secondly have you ever wondered why your car needs a water pump and a RADIATOR? Becuase most of the fuel is wasted by HEAT which is nice during the winter but NOT very good in 105 degree heat.

Ring have I said ANYTHING about replacing your F-350 a one ton HEAVY DUTY TRUCK? You (hopefully) have a need for such a truck but do you also have a smaller car? If so would you be opposed to replacing your comuter car with a plug in?

"Plug ins" use electricity, electricity is created by burning resources and polluting. "Plug ins" solve nothing.

They do if that electricity is generated ata central plant that doesn't use fossil fuels

Kitty Kat have you even RESEARCHED plug in electrics? NOT THOSE HYBRID pieces of crap but PURE PLUG INS. Do yourself a favor and check the Tesla and the Pheonix SUT. Just LOOK at the capabilities with an open mind. Unless you HAVE to travel cross contry in your care a plug in would work for virtually 100% of your daily needs. JUST RESEARCH and tell me what the problem is with the Tesla S.

GAWD do I have to fucking S-P-E-L-L this out for you AGAIN!!!??? IC engines are HIGHLY inefficeint compared to power plants.

Um ... there is no proof that electric vehicles are any more efficient. They still need oil for lubricant, they still need plastics (actually they need more plastic than internal combustion engines do), and they still use a lot of resources. The amount of fuel they use is actually more when you factor in horse power. You do realize that internal combustion engines also produce all the electricity the car uses, right? Even in old cars almost half the machine is run on electricity produced by the generator. The torque produced by an electric engine is no less than 25% lower than a combustion engine.

First of all BULLSHIT and secondly have you ever wondered why your car needs a water pump and a RADIATOR? Becuase most of the fuel is wasted by HEAT which is nice during the winter but NOT very good in 105 degree heat.

The heat can still be harnessed even more than it is, some of the newest engines are beginning to do just that.

Face it, if electric cars were better then they would dominate the market without the government forcing it on the people, period. You can't rationalize these laws anymore, people are wising up.

Ring have I said ANYTHING about replacing your F-350 a one ton HEAVY DUTY TRUCK? You (hopefully) have a need for such a truck but do you also have a smaller car? If so would you be opposed to replacing your comuter car with a plug in?

They do if that electricity is generated ata central plant that doesn't use fossil fuels

Then we will need to switch to nuclear. ;) But the same people pushing for this to be forced by law are also against that option.

Wind could be used to generate power for plug ins since winds are typically higher during "off peak" hours when the VAST majority of plug ins would be charged.

One more thing if I have to S-P-E-L-L it out AGAIN I favor more nuclear power plants with reprocessing of spent fuel rods.

Kitty Kat have you even RESEARCHED plug in electrics? NOT THOSE HYBRID pieces of crap but PURE PLUG INS. Do yourself a favor and check the Tesla and the Pheonix SUT. Just LOOK at the capabilities with an open mind. Unless you HAVE to travel cross contry in your care a plug in would work for virtually 100% of your daily needs. JUST RESEARCH and tell me what the problem is with the Tesla S.

Yes, I have, and I liked the idea however, I do not like laws that force people to do something just because someone likes it.

Then we will need to switch to nuclear. ;) But the same people pushing for this to be forced by law are also against that option.
Nuclearis a finite resource

it solves nothing in the long run

Oh and your WHEEL bearings require grease too. The FACT is plug ins would be VERY easy to maintain. Basically it has three count them THREE major componants. Batteries which are becoming better almost EVERY DAY.....An electric motor(sealed bearings) and a power control unit. Have you ever played with a slot car? The little trigger you depress to make the car go faster? That is as simple as the control unit to be. Press harder on the "gas" peddle and more power goes to the motor.

Yes, I have, and I liked the idea however, I do not like laws that force people to do something just because someone likes it.

O.K. KK on your last part I agree completely but I would favor massive tax cuts to make them more cost effective. We did it with Hummers and we can do it with electrics. If you live in areas that have high polution (smog) like we do in the Treasure VALLEY it can get REALLY bad during the winter. Plug in electrics could lessen the problem to a large degree if even 10% were pure plug ins.

The heat can still be harnessed even more than it is, some of the newest engines are beginning to do just that.

Tell me KK how is the heat harnessd by those new cars. What possible use can harnessing heat in a new car? Does it heat hot water so you can have a shower while you are driving?

O.K. KK on your last part I agree completely but I would favor massive tax cuts to make them more cost effective. We did it with Hummers and we can do it with electrics. If you live in areas that have high polution (smog) like we do in the Treasure VALLEY it can get REALLY bad during the winter. Plug in electrics could lessen the problem to a large degree if even 10% were pure plug ins.

Tax cuts in one area always show up as tax hikes in others. So that isn't a good option either. All I say, again, if it's a good product people will buy it and the company will thrive, if not it will fail as it should be. Most of our products are now forced on us, with little choice because of laws that keep options out of the country. Without choice we are now relying on many sub-par products and services while spending more money on them. Put the car out, let people choose, if people don't like the version they offer then make it better, that's how capitalism works and how business benefits the people. Making laws to take away choice or give tax breaks has so far done nothing but harm us, the consumer.

I agree I don't like mandates but many gov'ts around the WORLD subsidise industries. Why do you think our aircraft companies are having such a hard time competeing with Air bus?

Tell me KK HOW is excess heat being used in IC cars......Heat is the BANE of IC cars. Do you knoe why turbos and supercharged cars offten have intercoolers? Because the cooler the intake charge increases power. You knoe what happens on a high performance car when the air fuel charge is too HOT? Detonation when the fuel air charge ignites before it is in the cylinder. BAD BAD NEWS!

Well KK I guess I have just seen more of the new techs for plug ins in the last decade that makes them a VIABLE alt to IC engines......To be fair there have been MANY improvments in IC engins. Fuel injection, electronic ignition, variable timing, variable displacement where a V-8 has great power to accelerate and cruises on 4 cylinders. LOTS of great improvements but based on the 70's oil embargo I see no reason why the AVERAGE MPG isn't 50 to 80 MPG. If we had just mandated 3% improvement would have our cars with WAY higher MPG.

Well KK I guess I have just seen more of the new techs for plug ins in the last decade that makes them a VIABLE alt to IC engines......To be fair there have been MANY improvments in IC engins. Fuel injection, electronic ignition, variable timing, variable displacement where a V-8 has great power to accelerate and cruises on 4 cylinders. LOTS of great improvements but based on the 70's oil embargo I see no reason why the AVERAGE MPG isn't 50 to 80 MPG. If we had just mandated 3% improvement would have our cars with WAY higher MPG.

There you go again, calling for more government. More government control is always bad.

Forum List

Back