Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

Why not just post your claims?
They were posted. In this thread. You have no answers for them so you avoid them, pretend they don't exist. Like any other typical, infantile troll.

You are also a complete moron and obviously new to the internet. Being new to the 'net isn't really a bad thing, but being a willfully total moron is.

i dont click on tinyurl links either
because they redirect and could potentially go ANYWHERE
Actually, tinyurl will NOT redirect you to anything that can harm your computer. They fixed that issue a couple of years ago. Just FYI.
glad to hear they fixed that
When you enter a URL to them, they test it like Google also started reccently doing. If it's malicious, they reject it.

Tinyurl also has a preview function built-in. When you see a URL with “tinyurl” in it, copy it. Paste it into your browser’s address bar. Add “preview.” (dot included) to the front of the URL. So, “The Kim Komando Show - Free Tips, Downloads, Reviews, Software and Advice for Your Digital Lifestyle becomes “TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL. This will show you where the link will send you.

Sweet boat by the way. But can you tell me why you would be opposed to at least replacing ONE of your cars if the cost for a nice sedan was say $30k? Electrics have 100% torque from 0 RPM. They are quick as hell for their size = FUN TO DRIVE. Let's say it has a 100 mile range which is MORE than enough for most commutes. Would you have a problem with that? Note that I am a gear head...I LIKE to drive fast but when I am in my wife's Passat I drive VERY mellow because it has an instant trip computer.

Is this what it's like to drive fast with your wife?:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhGJyLR6TI]YouTube - Riccardo Patrese drives wife crazy in Civic Type-R[/ame]

subtitled version is even better............ He is so cool, doesn't say a word, just a knowing smirk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpo8RDyOEWY&feature=related]YouTube - Patrese & Wife - subtitled[/ame]

Oh let me guess your argument is about WHERE they get the power to RECHARGE? The IC engine is one of the LEAST efficient ways to use fossil fuels and most of the cars would charge during NON-PEAK hours so don't even TRY to bring up the BS that they will crash the grid. Oh and one more thing.....When I advocate for plug in electrics I ALSO advocate for nuclear power.

The issue for me is mandating electric vehicles means greater use of existing energy sources, which are still primarily carbon based. With out adding, say, more nuclear power plants to the grid the elevated use of fossil fuels to contantly recharge the electric motors will in essence cancel out the possitive effect.
Most environmentalists will blindly champion electric vehicles but fight tooth and nail againt nuclear power plants. Go figure.

Like I said I was strongly opposed to more drilling but I have changed my mind about it. I think we need more refinery capacity to go with it though.
drilling here will allow more oil into the market and lower prices all around
it will also allow time to develop alternatives

A fair argument, except that we don't have any large untapped domestic reserves.

We have a shit pot full of coal reserves, though.

Oh let me guess your argument is about WHERE they get the power to RECHARGE? The IC engine is one of the LEAST efficient ways to use fossil fuels and most of the cars would charge during NON-PEAK hours so don't even TRY to bring up the BS that they will crash the grid. Oh and one more thing.....When I advocate for plug in electrics I ALSO advocate for nuclear power.

The issue for me is mandating electric vehicles means greater use of existing energy sources, which are still primarily carbon based. With out adding, say, more nuclear power plants to the grid the elevated use of fossil fuels to contantly recharge the electric motors will in essence cancel out the possitive effect.
Most environmentalists will blindly champion electric vehicles but fight tooth and nail againt nuclear power plants. Go figure.

The point is fossil fueled power plants are WAY more efficient than IC engines.

O.K. I'll give you the BOOOSH thing although I worked in the auto industry at the time and Boosh sure as hell wasn't breaking any speed records to try to get rid of it.
You're like, only 15 or so, correct? It shows. You blamed Boooosh for something the Congress in the 80s did, and only Congress could ever UN do. You realize that?
Oh and let's see as far as HP and TORQUE go you should look up electric drag race....Watch PLUG IN ELECTRICS shred the IC competition.
Your video shows IC vehicles which are NOT drag race cars. They are street cars which weigh twice as much as the electric they're up against, driven by amateurs. Hardly an apples to apples comparison.

There's also NO word on how much money he's got tied up there, but I think it's safe to say you could buy any four of his competition easily, with the money spent on that one.

However, that little impractical car IS an impressive performer, in the quarter-mile. But can it run 300 miles at highway speed between charges with a 20 minute stop for fuel, like IC cars can? Can it provide comfort to the driver and passengers, with AC in summer and heat in winter? Can it defrost the glass? Can it burn headlights and running lights at night without losing significant range between charges? Does it have power steering? Any other creature features?

Also left out of the equation is all the COPPER in the motor. Do you have any idea how much pollution is created and energy is used by digging up and refining copper?

If the windings in the motor are aluminum, the carbon footprint is even worse yet.

The car still has a massive carbon footprint, it takes alot of energy and pollution to make the batteries, and the motor. You're just deluding yourself if you think wind turbines, solar panels, and plug-in electric vehicles are anything close to carbon neutral, much less carbon negative.

But of course, you're deluded anyway because you know these cannot compete in the marketplace without massive government subsidies we all pay for. That's why you're for them either being subsidized or mandated!

Because you know

They're not

practical or

a viable alternative.

Otherwise, you wouldn't be for the government mandates and subsidies.

Now, you never answered any of this, from my previous post:

What we SHOULD do if we are SERIOUS about reducing CO2 in the atmosphere is START by OUTLAWING its RECREATIONAL use first!

Uses such as Hollywood "smoke" special effects, wrestling events and rock concerts, football, basketball and hockey games, toys which use CO2 canisters such as paint ball guns, and so on. DRY ICE should be banned except for medical use. It's PURE CO2 which goes into the atmosphere as well!

We could ban the use of CO2 for such things as fire suppression and water treatment, where better methods have been developed but aren't mandated.

Why no outcry over those? It's
millions of tons of unnecessary CO2 every year!

Because, THESE uses aren't the byproduct of EVIL fossil fuels combustion!

Ya see? There's apparently "good CO2" and "bad" CO2 just like with cholesterol? Except with CO2, it's ALL bad or it's ALL good, there's NO middle ground there. It's all the same CO2, no matter how you make it and release it into the atmosphere. We should FIRST stop manufacturing it and releasing it for purely entertainment reasons, and for reasons which are superseded, if we are REALLY sure it's causing global climate catastrophe.

Right?

THINK.
CO2 is a convenient devil, so long as you don't look too closely and ask too many hard questions.

THIS is your FUCKING argument you keep refering to? So we should BAN copper and aluminum mining. So YOUR solution is to ban smoke machines!!!??? Talk about a drop in the fucking barrel.

So if we are going to ban it for "entertainment" purposes then EVERY TYPE of RECREATIONAL vehicle would be BANNED.....That's going to piss off a BUNCH of boat owners.

And it is NOT all the same CO2 because IC engines are the LEAST efficient way to burn fossil fuels for transportation.

I guess we will just have to say NO MORE houses because of copper wiring huh?

Your points are so GD ignorant that they really don't even DESERVE a response but since you've been bitching about it for so long I thought I HAD to to try to SHUT YOU THE FUCK UP about it.

Your entire post is worthless bullshit unless you advocate banning mining!!!

Hey Kitty Kat you really DON'T know much about electric cars do you? Would it surprise you to know that at one point there were more ELECTRIC cars in the US than fossil fuel cars? Do you know ALL the increases in battery tech that have occured in the last 10 years. Did you know that to almost EVERY person who LEASED an EV1 BEGGED GM to let them buy the cars they were leasing?

Hey Kitty Kat you really DON'T know much about electric cars do you? Would it surprise you to know that at one point there were more ELECTRIC cars in the US than fossil fuel cars? Do you know ALL the increases in battery tech that have occured in the last 10 years. Did you know that to almost EVERY person who LEASED an EV1 BEGGED GM to let them buy the cars they were leasing?

If it's a good technology then people would prefer to buy it and the company that makes it would thrive without a government law forcing people to use it.

I didn't know that, but it stands to figure they would be when you think about it. But until you can consistently and inexpensively give me something electrically powered to match a Ford F350 then I'm not interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring have I said ANYTHING about replacing your F-350 a one ton HEAVY DUTY TRUCK? You (hopefully) have a need for such a truck but do you also have a smaller car? If so would you be opposed to replacing your comuter car with a plug in?

"Plug ins" use electricity, electricity is created by burning resources and polluting. "Plug ins" solve nothing.

Ring have I said ANYTHING about replacing your F-350 a one ton HEAVY DUTY TRUCK? You (hopefully) have a need for such a truck but do you also have a smaller car? If so would you be opposed to replacing your comuter car with a plug in?

"Plug ins" use electricity, electricity is created by burning resources and polluting. "Plug ins" solve nothing.

GAWD do I have to fucking S-P-E-L-L this out for you AGAIN!!!??? IC engines are HIGHLY inefficeint compared to power plants.

GAWD do I have to fucking S-P-E-L-L this out for you AGAIN!!!??? IC engines are HIGHLY inefficeint compared to power plants.

Um ... there is no proof that electric vehicles are any more efficient. They still need oil for lubricant, they still need plastics (actually they need more plastic than internal combustion engines do), and they still use a lot of resources. The amount of fuel they use is actually more when you factor in horse power. You do realize that internal combustion engines also produce all the electricity the car uses, right? Even in old cars almost half the machine is run on electricity produced by the generator. The torque produced by an electric engine is no less than 25% lower than a combustion engine.

Forum List

Back