Man who called Dems "parasites" on billboard receives welfare millions

Sorry, but we weren't #1 in 1931. We weren't even #2. We weren't even a prosperous nation after in 1931 and the Great Depression didn't help :cuckoo:

Without Googling:

1. Including John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, name three of Americans Founding Fathers

2. In what year did the War of 1812 occur?

Frank is another conservative weenie who is too afraid to address the subject. Frank also likes to take potshots from the sidelines

The subject is your fundamental ignorance and I address it every time we talk

Failed? The USA failed prior to the New Deal?

It didn't fail after either.

The US became the sole, unquestioned SuperPower after the collapse of the USSR, which is also after the New Deal. That wasn't the case before the New Deal.
But when did the U.S. surpass England as the world's leading industrial producer?....Far in advance of the turn of the 20th century, that much is for sure.

Providing a military, framework for a court system, maintaining national sovereignty, and that's about it.

If this were the 18th century that still would NOT be enough governance to maintain an effective nation.

That's why the Floundering Fathers wrote the consitution we have right now, as a matter of fact.

What they had, that confederation of States and a very weak government (like the one you're describing) failed.

You ought to read some US history, Dude.

The talking heads you must be depending on to give you a POV are idiots.

Yes

Before the Constitution was approved by the states, the US government was organized around the Confederation of States. The CoS was impractical, and the govt under it disappeared (ie "failed") when the Constitution was ratified.

Congrats! You have jus demonstrated a fundamental ignorance of US history

If this were the 18th century that still would NOT be enough governance to maintain an effective nation.

That's why the Floundering Fathers wrote the consitution we have right now, as a matter of fact.

What they had, that confederation of States and a very weak government (like the one you're describing) failed.

You ought to read some US history, Dude.

The talking heads you must be depending on to give you a POV are idiots.

Yes

Before the Constitution was approved by the states, the US government was organized around the Confederation of States. The CoS was impractical, and the govt under it disappeared (ie "failed") when the Constitution was ratified
Another sterling "success" of gubmint edumacation! :lol::lol::lol:

The US became the sole, unquestioned SuperPower after the collapse of the USSR, which is also after the New Deal. That wasn't the case before the New Deal.
But when did the U.S. surpass England as the world's leading industrial producer?....Far in advance of the turn of the 20th century, that much is for sure.

The challenge is to name a nation that became prosperous; not the country that surpassed England in industrial production.

It seems you will do anything to avoid defending your own claim.

Yes

Before the Constitution was approved by the states, the US government was organized around the Confederation of States. The CoS was impractical, and the govt under it disappeared (ie "failed") when the Constitution was ratified
Another sterling "success" of gubmint edumacation! :lol::lol::lol:

I see you still have no facts to post.

scared-kids-1.jpg

I don't know. I'm not sure. Sometime in the late 19th century I think.

All I'm saying is that America was great then and is great now.

Yes...The adults in the room understand this. ;)

Moreover, the U.S. rose from literally broke to that #1 economic producer status in a rapidity not before seen in history....We know that as a fact as well.

The question has nothing to do with "greatness" and nothing to do with surpassing Englands' industrial production

The question is to name a nation that became and remained prosperous by following Dudes model for the fed govt. So far, the dude is too scared to do it

scared-kids-1.jpg

Well folks, what we see with this thread is another fine example of the Commie-Progressive-Democrat machine going out to DESTROY ANYONE who has the nerve to criticize the "PARTY".

and we see they have a lot of useful idiots who will do their bidding for them.

Yes

Before the Constitution was approved by the states, the US government was organized around the Confederation of States. The CoS was impractical, and the govt under it disappeared (ie "failed") when the Constitution was ratified.

I'm not sure what you mean by "failed." To me, the only evidence that the US might have failed was the Civil War. But even then, the US survived and demonstrated its Greatness by becoming cohesive and the most powerful nation the planet has ever seen.

People on both sides of this debate about government involvement underestimate the true strength of character of the American people. Whether or not government has this or that program or this or that tax rate hasn't made much difference in the growth and strength of this country.

There is a point where too much government inhibits growth and thus strength, but I haven't seen it thus far.

Yes

I'm not sure what you mean by "failed." To me, the only evidence that the US might have failed was the Civil War. But even then, the US survived and demonstrated its Greatness by becoming cohesive and the most powerful nation the planet has ever seen.

People on both sides of this debate about government involvement underestimate the true strength of character of the American people. Whether or not government has this or that program or this or that tax rate hasn't made much difference in the growth and strength of this country.

There is a point where too much government inhibits growth and thus strength, but I haven't seen it thus far.

The issue of "greatness" is not being debated. The issue here is "prosperity"

The US did not become a properous nation until after WWII.

The question is to name a nation that became and remained prosperous by following Dudes model for the fed govt. So far, the dude is too scared to do it

False causality.

All developed nations have followed a similar model. As nations have grown richer, they have funded more elaborate government programs. This has more to do with human nature and peoples' desire for security than economic development.

Most economic growth of the world occurred during the last 200 years. For the first 100 years, there was little government involvement in the economy and the planet became richer than it had ever seen. Over the next 100 years, government became more involved and the world kept growing. But there is no evidence that this is causal.

That's silly. That's like arguing that we aren't prosperous now because in 100 years, the world will be richer than today.

America has been one of the most prosperous nations for most of its history. The country has grown at about the same pace for at least the past 140 years.

6a00d83451986b69e20112793e577628a4-800wi

False causality.

If you feel that low tax rates, no govt regulation and no govt involvement in the economy have nothing to do with nations becoming prosperous, then your beef is with Dude, not me

All developed nations have followed a similar model. As nations have grown richer, they have funded more elaborate government programs. This has more to do with human nature and peoples' desire for security than economic development.

Umm, this discussion has nothing to do with human nature. It has to do with Dudes claim that the proper role of the Feds is the military, the police, the courts, and little else. A claim Dude is to scared to back up

Most economic growth of the world occurred during the last 200 years. For the first 100 years, there was little government involvement in the economy and the planet became richer than it had ever seen. Over the next 100 years, government became more involved and the world kept growing. But there is no evidence that this is causal.

again, your beef is with Dude, not me

That's silly. That's like arguing that we aren't prosperous now because in 100 years, the world will be richer than today.

America has been one of the most prosperous nations for most of its history. The country has grown at about the same pace for at least the past 140 years.

6a00d83451986b69e20112793e577628a4-800wi

You misunderstand. I'm not saying the US wasn't prosperous before WWII compared to today/

I'm saying that, by the standards of the time (ie 1918-1931) we were not a prosperous nation.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying the US wasn't prosperous before WWII compared to today/

I'm saying that, by the standards of the time (ie 1918-1931) we were not a prosperous nation.

What standards are those?

Certainly, the Depression made the country poorer, but prior to that in the 1920s, the country was as prosperous as it have ever been, and was doing much better than Europe, which was still recovering from the devastation of WWI.

What standards are those?

Certainly, the Depression made the country poorer, but prior to that in the 1920s, the country was as prosperous as it have ever been, and was doing much better than Europe, which was still recovering from the devastation of WWI.

By what standard?

Answer, in 1931, there were too many poor people for us to be considered a prosperous nation, and your mention of the Great Depression shows that whatever prosperity we had in 1931 did not remain.