Man Made Global Warming Screws the pooch in NY

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I knew this would happen and thats why I had the snow tires put on the cars last week!

I'm 45 minutes north of NYC and IT'S FREAKING SNOWING!

You Libruls are such gullible morons!

I'm going to have to leave my SUV running all night to generate deadly CO2 to warm up the planet

How do you people dress yourselves in the morning?

I knew this would happen and thats why I had the snow tires put on the cars last week!

I'm going to have to leave my SUV running all night to generate deadly CO2 to warm up the planet

Weather patterns have zero to do with global warming.

Common sense has little to do with Global Warming

I think we had 2 days of 90+ this summer.

Yeah, that's AGW for ya, it makes it cooler as part of an overall warming trend

I wish somebody would send that Global Warming up here to Michigan... It's cold up here dammit!

Global warming should really be changed to climate change. As for climate change, we are running an experiment whether humans have caused such a change. We will find out more down the road. If we are f*cking up the climate, it's the next generation that would have to deal with it. If we are not, then we are f*ck either way.

Oh!

Time to change the shingle to 'Climate Change'... is it really October already?

Thanks for the reminder... I usually do it when we set the clocks back, but if it's already cold in the artic regions... we should have the signs properly indicated.

So out with the summertime: GLOBAL WARMING!

And time for the winters: Climate Change

It's neither Global Warming nor Climate Change, it's "The Great Climatic Googly Moogly!"

Oh!

Time to change the shingle to 'Climate Change'... is it really October already?

Thanks for the reminder... I usually do it when we set the clocks back, but if it's already cold in the artic regions... we should have the signs properly indicated.

So out with the summertime: GLOBAL WARMING!

And time for the winters: Climate Change

Not cold enough in the arctic, which is why the glaciers continue to melt and crash into already warmer oceans gradually causing the seas to rise. Erosion therefrom has already changed boundaries in some areas.

Uh.... oh never mind.

IGES Home Page

Weather events should not be confused with climate.

It has been said that the difference between weather and climate is that climate is what we expect and weather is what we get. Meteorologists consider climate to be the long term manifestation of either the condition or the course of the weather, and climate is defined by the statistical collection of weather conditions for a given region during a specified interval of time, usually several decades (see the Glossary of Meteorology, American Meteorological Society, 1986, or National Climate Data Center U.S. Climate Normals for more details).

Given this definition of climate and its distinction from weather, a single weather event, or even a spell of unusual weather, may be unprecedented and still well within the bounds of "normal" climate variability. Weather and climate records in the U.S. have only been collected for a little over 100 years, which is too short a period to determine whether or not the events of this winter were so far outside the range of normal variability as to be caused by human intervention in the earth's climate. Such an event or group of events, by itself, is not an indication of a climatic trend, even if many years from now hindsight indicates that it was part of such a trend.

I wish somebody would send that Global Warming up here to Michigan... It's cold up here dammit!

I know what you mean! I'm in SW Michigan and i guess we got some snow today. I was at work and never noticed, but i HATE SNOW! Don't know why i live here....

I know what you mean! I'm in SW Michigan and i guess we got some snow today. I was at work and never noticed, but i HATE SNOW! Don't know why i live here....

I fired up my basements in-floor heat a full month earlier this year than last year, and it was probably colder because I was really resistant to firing it up so early.

Awful hard to convince people they need to pay whatever it is the nutters think we need to to stop it, after the last couple years we've had.

Forum List

Back