Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

He only breeds one pair because that's what fits his lifestyle.

If he truly cared about his dogs, he would get them spayed and neutered. Not doing this puts his dogs at risk of coming down with some awful, and fatal, conditions. It also would eliminate the burden that pregnancy puts on the female. Fixing the dogs also eliminates the possibility, no matter how small, of accidently causing another litter (ie his female gets impregnated by a loose dog, or his male impregantes a different female)

Let me address a few things.

You have zero credible evidence that shows that not spading and or neutering my adult Danes in unhealthy. In fact quite the opposite, there is credible evidence to suggest that having puppies is healthy for a female until age 5, mine is 4. At age 5 she will be spade. It will only make sense to also get the male neutered at that time as well.

The AKC, along with many other prominent and credible animal welfare agencies disagree. But since you have proven yourself oblivious to the facts, I'm sure you'll believe what some obscure website says, so long as it backs you up. Meanwhile, all the responsible people and orgs involved agree that backyard breeders like yourself are contributing to the problem and putting your pets health at risk

As for your concerns that they either the male may get another female pregnant or the female may get pregnant by another male. I live on a farm, my nearest neighbor is 5 miles away, AND my Danes are confined to their 2 acre yard which is guarded by an 8' fence, when their not in the house of course. The chances of said pregnancy happening are nil.

Just another clueless dogowner saying "But my dog would never do that!!"

Dogs dig. Dogs climb fences. Fences come down. Owners open gates when they leave. Accidents happen. Your insistence that it's impossible only proves your inability to deal with the facts.

There is a such thing as responsible breeding and is necessary if we want to keep this beautiful breed around, which I most certainly do.

And the ever dependable "I'm not doing it for *ME*!!! I'm selflessly doing it for the breed!!"

What a load!! GD's have been around a lot longer than you have, and they'll be around long after you're gone and it has nothing to do with you.

So your claim is that the AKC is against breeding?

American Kennel Club - Responsible Breeding Steps

You are dismissed, with the thanks of the court and the usual statement of Sangha you will NEVER EVER win a debate with me.

Last edited:
Pictures, Coyote. I ain't never heard of this breed and I wanna see, please?

They're Australian Shepherds - here's a couple of them :)

liedowndamnit600.jpg

100_0004.jpg

Do animal shelters not screen dogs for aggression? The tv news said the guy got his dogs from the shelter -- why would they allow feral dogs to be adopted?

They likely aren't feral dogs and yes, shelters increasingly screen for aggression but a lot of times, problems don't show up right away or only in certain situations.

Smartest dogs in the world^ !!. Didn't an Australian shepherd win the Westminister dog show last year? They aren't popular among the elite because the aren't "cute," but give me smart over photogenic any day.

The cat that I recently had to put down had either been abused or was feral because when he was dumped at the shelter, he had no hair which is a clear indication of extreme stress. He was totally xenophobic, and I was the only human he would allow near him, and even that took several months before he could actually trust me.

Pictures, Coyote. I ain't never heard of this breed and I wanna see, please?

They're Australian Shepherds - here's a couple of them :)

liedowndamnit600.jpg

100_0004.jpg

Do animal shelters not screen dogs for aggression? The tv news said the guy got his dogs from the shelter -- why would they allow feral dogs to be adopted?

They likely aren't feral dogs and yes, shelters increasingly screen for aggression but a lot of times, problems don't show up right away or only in certain situations.

Smartest dogs in the world^ !!. Didn't an Australian shepherd win the Westminister dog show last year? They aren't popular among the elite because the aren't "cute," but give me smart over photogenic any day.

The cat that I recently had to put down had either been abused or was feral because when he was dumped at the shelter, he had no hair which is a clear indication of extreme stress. He was totally xenophobic, and I was the only human he would allow near him, and even that took several months before he could actually trust me.

Oh, I think that dog is cute in its own way, but you're right. look at Irish Setters,, BEAUTIFUL dog, but dumber than a brick. I'd never have one.

The thread title is somewhat misleading. Fact is these dogs were strays that he had found, it's not like he raised them and then they turned on him.

I once had a dog who was the offspring of an AKC registered champion Brittany Spaniel and an AKC registered Black Labrador retriever who looked like a pit bull cross. People sometimes asked if he was because of his slanted eyes and wide jaw. He would attack any male dog that came near him and any children too. Had any of the owners or parents of dogs or children he attacked made complaints to the police, he would undoubtedly be labeled by them a pit pull mix. Fortunately with time and training he stopped being aggressive and even came to like kids.

Another very dangerous dog I took care of was a Rhodesian Ridgeback who, were it not for the cowlick down his backbone could easily have been confused with a pit bull. Unfortunately he had to be put euthanized because no one would adopt him.

People think they know what a pit bull is, but really, the term "pit bull" has come to mean a canine sort of Bogeyman. Pit bull dogs are a lightening rod for many people's irrational fears and class hatred.

The problem with pitbulls is the strength in their jaws. I once befriended a neighbor's pitbull puppy, a female named Bernice, who was just as cuddly and funny as a kitten. But one night a bunch of us were sitting around the living room eating pizza and she literally came flying across the room and snatched a whole piece of pizza right out of my hand, leaving teethmarks behind. I still have the scars. If she had been an adult, I could have been missing my whole hand.

He only breeds one pair because that's what fits his lifestyle.

If he truly cared about his dogs, he would get them spayed and neutered. Not doing this puts his dogs at risk of coming down with some awful, and fatal, conditions. It also would eliminate the burden that pregnancy puts on the female. Fixing the dogs also eliminates the possibility, no matter how small, of accidently causing another litter (ie his female gets impregnated by a loose dog, or his male impregantes a different female)

You have zero credible evidence that shows that not spading and or neutering my adult Danes in unhealthy. In fact quite the opposite, there is credible evidence to suggest that having puppies is healthy for a female until age 5, mine is 4. At age 5 she will be spade. It will only make sense to also get the male neutered at that time as well.

The AKC, along with many other prominent and credible animal welfare agencies disagree. But since you have proven yourself oblivious to the facts, I'm sure you'll believe what some obscure website says, so long as it backs you up. Meanwhile, all the responsible people and orgs involved agree that backyard breeders like yourself are contributing to the problem and putting your pets health at risk

As for your concerns that they either the male may get another female pregnant or the female may get pregnant by another male. I live on a farm, my nearest neighbor is 5 miles away, AND my Danes are confined to their 2 acre yard which is guarded by an 8' fence, when their not in the house of course. The chances of said pregnancy happening are nil.

Dogs dig. Dogs climb fences. Fences come down. Owners open gates when they leave. Accidents happen. Your insistence that it's impossible only proves your inability to deal with the facts.

There is a such thing as responsible breeding and is necessary if we want to keep this beautiful breed around, which I most certainly do.

And the ever dependable "I'm not doing it for *ME*!!! I'm selflessly doing it for the breed!!"

What a load!! GD's have been around a lot longer than you have, and they'll be around long after you're gone and it has nothing to do with you.

Don't think I'd go hog wild over anything the AKC has to say.

The AKC is all about the money babe.

They have no problem taking the millions of dollars they get from puppy mills. These folks breed genetically inferior and usually unhealthy overpriced pups. The AKC takes their money to register these dogs, no problem. They tell you they are responsible and work toward the betterment of all AKC breeds but the proof is in the putting.

As for the smartest dog on the planet?? Border Collie hands down. These dogs are so smart they scare you. There is nothing you couldn't teach a BC to do and I mean nothing.

You are dismissed, with the thanks of the court and the usual statement of Sangha you will NEVER EVER win a debate with me.

One of the steps the AKC list at the link you provided is "Know your genetics"

Case closed

And I didn't say the AKC was against breeding. The AKC supports responsible breeding. The AKC says "Know your genetics". You don't

Last edited:

One of the steps the AKC list at the link you provided is "Know your genetics"

Case closed

And I didn't say the AKC was against breeding. The AKC supports responsible breeding. The AKC says "Know your genetics". You don't

How do you know I don't know my genetics as concerns Great Danes? Fact is I do. For instance, experts say you should NEVER breed a Harlequinn with another Harlie. So I don't , my male is as seen in the picture a fawn while my female is a Harlie.

Again, you LOSE here fool.

I've had a pitbull mix for 5 and a half years now, I'm proud to say. And he's NEVER had an aggression issue... well, with living things. Put a perfectly cooked steak in front of him and he'll be pretty aggressive with the steak. Then again, so would I.

I've had a pitbull mix for 5 and a half years now, I'm proud to say. And he's NEVER had an aggression issue... well, with living things. Put a perfectly cooked steak in front of him and he'll be pretty aggressive with the steak. Then again, so would I.

Sorry bro, I've known some pretty decent pits to, but I would NEVER trust one around a child, especially unattended.

Not saying it's their fault, but they have had a lot of incidents over the years.

On another subject, where did Sangha take off to when I proved him wrong, once again, by proving that I do indeed know my genetics when it comes to Danes?

Sorry bro, I've known some pretty decent pits to, but I would NEVER trust one around a child, especially unattended.

Not saying it's their fault, but they have had a lot of incidents over the years.

On another subject, where did Sangha take off to when I proved him wrong, once again, by proving that I do indeed know my genetics when it comes to Danes?

That was "proof"?

You've got to be kidding

How do you know I don't know my genetics as concerns Great Danes? Fact is I do. For instance, experts say you should NEVER breed a Harlequinn with another Harlie. So I don't , my male is as seen in the picture a fawn while my female is a Harlie.

LOL!!!

That was "proof"?

You've got to be kidding

LOL!!!

you made the accusation moron, back it up, how do you KNOW I don't know the genetics?

That was "proof"?

You've got to be kidding

LOL!!!

you made the accusation moron, back it up, how do you KNOW I don't know the genetics?

You're not smart enough. You've proven this time after time. And your comments in this thread show you don't know anything about dogs. Your "gaurantee" that a pit bull was involved; your claim that the AKC supports "backyard breeding"; and now your claim about knowing genetics.:cuckoo:

That was "proof"?

You've got to be kidding

LOL!!!

You're not smart enough. You've proven this time after time. And your comments in this thread show you don't know anything about dogs. Your "gaurantee" that a pit bull was involved; your claim that the AKC supports "backyard breeding"; and now your claim about knowing genetics.:cuckoo:

In other words, your dumb ass has nothing, as usual.

1. You use the term backyard breeding, I didn't
2. How much you want to bet I'm right about a pit being involved
3. You are the one who claimed I don't know the genetics involved, I gave a legitimate example of why I do and you ignored it, now post your proof that I don't or shut the fuck up

3. You are the one who claimed I don't know the genetics involved, I gave a legitimate example of why I do and you ignored it, now post your proof that I don't or shut the fuck up

Dude, you're still insisting that a pitbull was involved even though someone posted that the dogs were all mutts :lol::lol:

Dude, you're still insisting that a pitbull was involved even though someone posted that the dogs were all mutts :lol::lol:

yes and no mutt could ever possibly be partially or even predominately a pit bull could they :lol:

come on now, how do you KNOW I don't know the genetics involved with breeding my Danes?

You're so stupid it isn't even a challenge arguing with you.

yes and no mutt could ever possibly be partially or even predominately a pit bull could they :lol:

IOW, with your "vast" knowledge of genetics, you think a dogs' aggression towards other dogs makes them more aggressive towards humans?

IOW, with your "vast" knowledge of genetics, you think a dogs' aggression towards other dogs makes them more aggressive towards humans?

Could you at least try to stay on topc? What does what you just wrote have to do with

A) can some mutts be at leat partial if not predominantly pit bulls. Because I looked up the defitinion of mutt, and it said mongrel dog in relation to this thread, so i further looked up the word mongrel

mon·grel (mnggrl, mng-)
n.
1. An animal or a plant resulting from various interbreedings, especially a dog of mixed or undetermined breed.
2. A cross between different breeds, groups, or varieties, especially a mixture that is or appears to be incongruous.
adj.
Of mixed origin or character.

Nowhere in that definition do I see anything saying a mongrel can't be part Pit Bull.

By the way, I'm going to add this quote from a neighbor that was included in the original article.

Authorities and neighbors said the dogs on the property ranged from small dogs to a 200-pound Mastiff. It appeared that Winters and Kywa took good care of the animals, officials said.

So it would appear that at least ONE of the animals involved was not a mongrel, which makes it entirely conceivable that others were not as well.

B) Where is your proof that I don't know the genetics involved with breeding Danes

Forum List

Back