Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

Under Laws passed while Clinton was President the Government has the right to SEIZE your cash at any airport if they can claim you meet a pattern they say indicates drug trafficing. If for example you carry a large sum of cash you are a target, if you fly into an airport do not stay over night and fly back out the same day with large sums of cash you fit the profile.

Once they seize your money, with out even charging you with a crime, you must pay 10 percent of the cash seized amount to force the Government to allow YOU to go to court to prove a negative, that you are not a drug dealer. All with out ever charging you with a crime. No crime but you have to prove you are not a criminal in court to even have a hope of getting your cash back. Ohh and the 10 percent is forfeit if you fail as well as the original sum seized.

These laws were created while the Democrats were in power.

Cash has been trouble for a long time, for SOME people. Saddly, this usually depends on what you look like. If you wear a suit, you can have a lot of cash with anyone demanding to know where it came from. If you wear jeans, you may be asked to explain where $900 came from. County deputies once took $900 from a friend of mine because he wouldn't tell them where he got it. He did eventually get it back.

A friend of mine runs a pawn shop. I went with him to sell scrap gold to a jeweler that buys the stuff. In the office, there was a pile of gold and a pile of cash during the deal. John says, "did I show you my new pistol ?" Johnny says " I don't think you've seen mine." So now, we have a pile of gold, a pile of cash and a couple guns on the desk. Having a completely different perspective on this situation, I was a little nervous. I said "wow, it smells like republicans in here." Johnny said, "yeah....but what do you mean by that ?" I said "If you were democrats in a room with a pile of gold, a pile of cash and guns, the police would probably already be here shaking you down."

He agreed !! He said that you just had to apply common sense. That you can look at someone and tell if they ahve any business with gold, guns or cash.

This Judge and his Guests are completely ignorant of current law. The Government CAN and does seize money all the time. And you have to PAY to go to court to prove your not a criminal to get it back. Laws passed under Clinton. The reason they threatened him with DEA is because that is the cover for seizing the cash, that they suspect you of being a drug dealer or runner. No charges need ever be filed.

These laws lead to HUGE abuses in Louisiana for a while, Local cops would stop out of State drives in fancy or expensive vehicles, claim they were drug runners, seize the property because the sale of seized property or the cash seized goes to the agency seizing it. And your only recourse is to pay 10 percent of the value that was seized to get a court appearance where YOU have to prove your no crook or drug dealer.

That video is a hoot. What a shake down. The posession of legal tender merits detainment. Geezus. And not even a lot of money. It is not unusual at all for me to travel with that much or more cash.

Unbelievable.

Hey RSG was that law passed under Clinton?

Out of curiosity, who wrote and sponsered the bill? What was the vote breakdown?

That video is a hoot. What a shake down. The posession of legal tender merits detainment. Geezus. And not even a lot of money. It is not unusual at all for me to travel with that much or more cash.

Unbelievable.

I haven't seen the video but I agree that it's completely ridiculous.

The support for these seizure laws can be noted in the SCOTUS. It sure as hell isn't the lefties enforcing this crap. Case after case, the right beats down the 4th ammendment.

The support for these seizure laws can be noted in the SCOTUS. It sure as hell isn't the lefties enforcing this crap. Case after case, the right beats down the 4th ammendment.

No, no, no, this is entirely at the feet of those damn libruls.

Hey RSG was that law passed under Clinton?

Out of curiosity, who wrote and sponsered the bill? What was the vote breakdown?

Since I do not know the title of the law I can not look it up. However the seizures become so bad that in 2000 the Republican Congress passed the Civil Assets Forfeiture Reform Act of 2000.

I see Strom and Jessie on that bill.

These types of laws have been before the Supreme court many, many times and it always splits along the lines, with the conservatives upholdong the seizures.

Forum List

Back