Man Canvassing Neighborhood For GOP Candidate Got Arrested -- He Was Black

I'm pretty sure he hasnt learned his lesson if he returned a second time. Obviously he is in training to be the next step n fetchit for conservatives and is determined to achieve the honor.

As usual in these cases, absolutely no evidence whatsoever is provided that would indicate any sort of racial discrimination.

If you go door to door bothering total strangers, sooner or later somebody is going to call the cops, period.

He was canvassing for the republican party idiot.

Then why didnt he say so?
Such a simple thing to explain yet he chose to be obnoxious.
I don't want people like him to identify with my party because he doesnt represent our values.
The police for the most part are not our enemy. When people treat them as this clown did they degrade society and bring more trouble to the populace.
I hope he goes back to the dem plantation so he cant do anymore harm to those of us who respect the rule of law.

He didn't have to. He was not breaking any law. You a not for the rule of law. That cop violated that mans constitutional rights.
-------------------------- let him Sue IM2 !!

If you knew you rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

I can see your not a team player at all. You must have been a joy to work with. No, If I think a cop is doing what he thinks he needs to do and concern he's not really being an asshole , I'm going to cooperate because there is no reason not too. It's also not my job to make their job harder... this doesnt make any sense.
Those "cops" at the Bundy ranch were doing what they needed to do -- and other folks aimed weapons at them and threatened to kill them "for doing what they needed to do"

None of you folks who are always "I side with the cops" ever objected to these people aiming weapons at law enforcement -- and you folks defended it on the grounds of "patriotic Americans defending their rights"

But if a black kid (conservative) decides to defend his rights (without aiming a weapon at the cops) -- he is wrong? and you folks don't think white privilege exists...

534db531eab8eacf1caab272-750-562.jpg

And when you tell them how that is racist, they get all upset and offended.
---------------------------------------- nothing ILLEGAL with being RACIST in the USA just so their is no violence and calling the cops for any reason is perfectly fine no matter the reason . ------------- just a reminder !!

Actually you legally cannot practice racism.
-------------------------------------- depends on what PRACTICE means IM2 .

so was he a 'dem' turned 'rep rino' , thats even more suspicious .

Have we seen any evidence that this guy was actually stumping for a conservative?
Why do you folks refuse to read the fucking links that are in the OP?

Its almost like you are just spouting off shit based on your "feelings" and not "information"

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I'm pretty sure he hasnt learned his lesson if he returned a second time. Obviously he is in training to be the next step n fetchit for conservatives and is determined to achieve the honor.

As usual in these cases, absolutely no evidence whatsoever is provided that would indicate any sort of racial discrimination.

If you go door to door bothering total strangers, sooner or later somebody is going to call the cops, period.

I don't want people like him to identify with my party because he doesnt represent our values.
The police for the most part are not our enemy. When people treat them as this clown did they degrade society and bring more trouble to the populace.
I hope he goes back to the dem plantation so he cant do anymore harm to those of us who respect the rule of law.

He didn't have to. He was not breaking any law. You a not for the rule of law. That cop violated that mans constitutional rights.

He's obviously not a conservative or he would have cooperated with the officer.
If it were me I would have used the encounter to promote my cause rather than starting shit with authorities.
This douche nozzle isn't a conservative.

I certainly hope you do the same....
Enjoy your time in the county jail. Maybe you'll get ass fucked....which I'm sure is your real goal.

So even when them coloreds do all they can to get acceptance from you conservatives -- you still treat em like "slaves on the plantation"

"Where you going boy, you can't walk up right and look white folks in the eye like an actual man"
Speak for yourself, jackass.
Don't have a hissy fit at me because you like to treat black conservatives like black democrats...
Bullshit. I treat black conservatives with respect. I treat black Democrats like the political chumps that they are.

Seems that black conservatives are the political chumps.
---------------------------- think he was a 'dem' before he was a 'repub' so he would be a 'dirty' repub if he has become a repub . As such , feck'em plus the fact that repubs are just pwicks to begin with . See the 'bush' family as proof 'IM2.

He is a republican.

If it were me I would have used the encounter to promote my cause rather than starting shit with authorities.
Yea, he should have been walking down the street in full pretend army fatigues with a rifle -- promoting his cause....but if that would have happened, you would have been the among the loudest yelling for the police to gun him down on sight.

Just stop and admit you don't afford black people the same privileges you think only your "tribe" is entitled to have..first you defend your racism by saying "i mean only democrat blacks" -- then when you find out this guy is a conservative "well he doesn't act the way I want him to" --- no matter how you demand these black folks to jump thru hoops and emasculate themselves for your approval, you will always find a way to deny it -- that is why I don't give a fuck about what conservatives think is "appropriate"

Because all you have done is try to find ways to justify racism and have failed every time -- meanwhile, this guy is a patriot, just because...
bundy_ranch_protestor_militia_rtr_img_0.jpg

"Grassroots organization Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement detailed the incident in a press release on Monday, revealing the officer also accused Hill of “soliciting,” a claim the man refuted because he was not offering any services or goods. The organization argued it was clear Hill was out canvassing because he was carrying campaign pamphlets with him.

When the volunteer tried walking away, Clint arrested him for “Interference with Official Acts.”

Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated."

Black Man Canvassing for GOP Congressman Stopped, Arrested by Police After Call of a 'Suspicious Person'

He was following the law.

I certainly hope you do the same....
Enjoy your time in the county jail. Maybe you'll get ass fucked....which I'm sure is your real goal.

“Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated."

Your sexual orientation is not my concern gay guy.

Wait, I watched that video. Yes it sucks someone called the cops on that guy because he was black, If some old white lady gets scarred because she sees a black guy walking around, there's not much you can do to stop her from calling the police. What you don't know for fact is whether the caller was a democrat or a republican.

Furthermore, the black guy did what I would never do. If a cop asks me to stop I'm going to stop and let him do his job... not be a jackass about it and keep arguing with a cop over whatever reason. The cop didnt arrest him for walking while black.... he arrested him for repeatedly arguing with a cop. The cop decided to go by the book, but he offered every chance for the black guy to cooperate.
If a cop goes out on a call, its his responsibility to complete the report. If he goes back to the station and says... "oh yeah, I let the guy walk because he looked legit and said he didnt want to be questioned"
The cop would look like a fucking fool, because its his job to ask the questions once he goes on call.

Why is that so Fucking Hard to understand? The racism part... in the first place.. yeah I agree thats sad but those are two seperate issues.

When I was working in Reno on a night shift in a machine shop, i went on a break for lunch down to the 7-11 on my walk back up the hill a cop car speeds up behind me with his lights turned out because there was a silent alarm in one of the commercial buildings.... long story short, he pushes me up against the fence and searches me for weapons only 30 yards from where I worked... now I could have been a Jackass and tried to argue with him and try to say.. I didnt do nothing wrong and work right here... But I understand the cop has to do what he has to do.
I understand though.. if I was black I might think he just stopped me because I was black. But the fact is , none of us can help that. Cops still have to be hired, they still have to do whtever the hell it is they are trained to do and if you dont cooperate, things will go sideways
Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.
If you knew you rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

I can see your not a team player at all. You must have been a joy to work with. No, If I think a cop is doing what he thinks he needs to do and concern he's not really being an asshole , I'm going to cooperate because there is no reason not too. It's also not my job to make their job harder... this doesnt make any sense.
Those "cops" at the Bundy ranch were doing what they needed to do -- and other folks aimed weapons at them and threatened to kill them "for doing what they needed to do"

None of you folks who are always "I side with the cops" ever objected to these people aiming weapons at law enforcement -- and you folks defended it on the grounds of "patriotic Americans defending their rights"

But if a black kid (conservative) decides to defend his rights (without aiming a weapon at the cops) -- he is wrong? and you folks don't think white privilege exists...

No, actually I think Bundy should have been arrested. Your right, the cops were doing what they were supposed to be doing. Bundy however had a sepperate issue over land and cattle grazing. Honestly I didn't follow that too closely at the time because I had a lot of other things going on around that time. But yeah, I wouldn't have cared if they were arrested for pointing guns at police... all the other issues he had could just have been solved in court.
I can't even tell you how the whole thing played out,

But in the case now of the young man walking through the neighborhood, yes, It sucks that a black man doing nothing wrong walking down the sidewalk has to draw a phone call to the cops. Where I live it's not uncommon to see anyone of any race going door to door for some reason or another, you might be judged more by what you were wearing or your body language or the way you were driving your car down the street... whites included.

So, again this kid and the cop,.. A cop does have the right to detain, (not arrest) a person deemed suspicious. I would say the guy was NOT suspicious except for the fact some anonymous person made a phonecall.
The problem is, the cop doesnt necessarily know the reason why the person called in. He can't just assume the caller called because he or she saw a black man walking down the street. The cop still has to determine if the call of a suspicion person has any warrant to it... therefore he has to at least detain the guy long enough to ask questions. If you don't want that , than don't have police, and don't call them if you have a problem. Then they wont be forced to make some kind of a judgment call when they get to to your house.

You can probably argue that from a legal aspect and win that the kid shouldnt have been detained.. that may be true. But the real life problem is if a cop was to dismiss every person without question when there was a phone call in, then maybe someone would get their house broken into or something worse. Now the kid got arrested, and legally that may have been wrong too, but he wasnt arrested for walking down the street black.. he got arrested for argueing with a cop. The same thing happens to white people

Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated."

You really don't want him to sue.

obviously the kid was doing nothing wrong. absolutely, but the cop still has an obligation when he has a call in for a suspicious person. He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks, and therefore I guess your going to have situations like this. So maybe the cop made a mistake? fine. Sue them all and lets have our cops back off more and more. Nothing bad ever happens in the hood.

obviously the kid was doing nothing wrong. absolutely, but the cop still has an obligation when he has a call in for a suspicious person. He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks, and therefore I guess your going to have situations like this. So maybe the cop made a mistake? fine. Sue them all and lets have our cops back off more and more. Nothing bad ever happens in the hood.
In the hood cops plant shit on you or rob you. Dont you think thats bad?

In the hood cops plant shit on you. Dont you think thats bad?

If they do that? yeah

Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.

No, actually I think Bundy should have been arrested. Your right, the cops were doing what they were supposed to be doing. Bundy however had a sepperate issue over land and cattle grazing. Honestly I didn't follow that too closely at the time because I had a lot of other things going on around that time. But yeah, I wouldn't have cared if they were arrested for pointing guns at police... all the other issues he had could just have been solved in court.
I can't even tell you how the whole thing played out,

But in the case now of the young man walking through the neighborhood, yes, It sucks that a black man doing nothing wrong walking down the sidewalk has to draw a phone call to the cops. Where I live it's not uncommon to see anyone of any race going door to door for some reason or another, you might be judged more by what you were wearing or your body language or the way you were driving your car down the street... whites included.

So, again this kid and the cop,.. A cop does have the right to detain, (not arrest) a person deemed suspicious. I would say the guy was NOT suspicious except for the fact some anonymous person made a phonecall.
The problem is, the cop doesnt necessarily know the reason why the person called in. He can't just assume the caller called because he or she saw a black man walking down the street. The cop still has to determine if the call of a suspicion person has any warrant to it... therefore he has to at least detain the guy long enough to ask questions. If you don't want that , than don't have police, and don't call them if you have a problem. Then they wont be forced to make some kind of a judgment call when they get to to your house.

You can probably argue that from a legal aspect and win that the kid shouldnt have been detained.. that may be true. But the real life problem is if a cop was to dismiss every person without question when there was a phone call in, then maybe someone would get their house broken into or something worse. Now the kid got arrested, and legally that may have been wrong too, but he wasnt arrested for walking down the street black.. he got arrested for argueing with a cop. The same thing happens to white people

He was done that way because he was black. Why is it that a white person who has not spent one second ;ibig as a black person think they can make such a comment and actually think you are right? It doesn't happen to whites like this. Whites are protesting paying taxes which is cnstitutionally legal. They complain about a legal government, so if whites were done like blacks by police the outcry would be huge and none of the excuses being made here now would ever be heard or accepted.

So I'll once again post this because the excuse of him getting arrested for arguing wth a cop is not true.

Grassroots organization Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement detailed the incident in a press release on Monday, revealing the officer also accused Hill of “soliciting,” a claim the man refuted because he was not offering any services or goods. The organization argued it was clear Hill was out canvassing because he was carrying campaign pamphlets with him.

When the volunteer tried walking away, Clint arrested him for “Interference with Official Acts.”

“Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated.

It is not against the damn law to question an officer.

This happened in a white neighborhood in Iowa. And the cop can roil up on a situation and see it is not worth wasting time on.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back