Man Canvassing Neighborhood For GOP Candidate Got Arrested -- He Was Black

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Black Man Canvassing for GOP Congressman Stopped, Arrested by Police After Call of a 'Suspicious Person'"

So a brave black conservative (Keilon Hill) who decided to walk away from the democrat plantation ended up going to Iowa to canvass for a GOP congressman, Rep. David Young for last week's mid-terms. The police was called on him because he is black and therefore suspicious -- the young man recorded his encounter with the police officer. In the video, the campaign worker is heard telling the officer he isn’t breaking any laws and that the cop has no right to detain him.

The police officer says that people in the neighborhood felt the man was suspicious because he walking thru their neighborhood canvassing for republicans -- in case you need a visual of how suspicious that looks -- see photo ----> 6a0120a6abf659970b013486165e99970c.jpg Pretty scary

The young man was canvassing on behalf of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement -- too bad the citizens in that neighborhood didn't think his presence there was community improvement -- he was ultimately arrested and charged with some shit the cop made up and the charges were later dropped. Determined to show support for his candidate, he returned the next day to canvass Iowa neighborhoods and again, the police were called -- the second time, a nice woman invited the young man into her home so the police would leave him alone.

In a statement, Hill said he hoped sharing his story will help prevent another minority from encountering a similar situation; he said “Within five days of my stay in Des Moines, I had two police encounters, with one ending in an arrest. These encounters happened while I was out working in affluential, Caucasian neighborhoods. I had work materials with me. I stood up for myself because I had the right to.” -- unfortunately, most of the people in that republican district you were canvassing, disagree with you.

I'm pretty sure he hasnt learned his lesson if he returned a second time. Obviously he is in training to be the next step n fetchit for conservatives and is determined to achieve the honor.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Black Man Canvassing for GOP Congressman Stopped, Arrested by Police After Call of a 'Suspicious Person'"

So a brave black conservative (Keilon Hill) who decided to walk away from the democrat plantation ended up going to Iowa to canvass for a GOP congressman, Rep. David Young for last week's mid-terms. The police was called on him because he is black and therefore suspicious -- the young man recorded his encounter with the police officer. In the video, the campaign worker is heard telling the officer he isn’t breaking any laws and that the cop has no right to detain him.

The police officer says that people in the neighborhood felt the man was suspicious because he walking thru their neighborhood canvassing for republicans -- in case you need a visual of how suspicious that looks -- see photo ----> View attachment 228925 Pretty scary

The young man was canvassing on behalf of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement -- too bad the citizens in that neighborhood didn't think his presence there was community improvement -- he was ultimately arrested and charged with some shit the cop made up and the charges were later dropped. Determined to show support for his candidate, he returned the next day to canvass Iowa neighborhoods and again, the police were called -- the second time, a nice woman invited the young man into her home so the police would leave him alone.

In a statement, Hill said he hoped sharing his story will help prevent another minority from encountering a similar situation; he said “Within five days of my stay in Des Moines, I had two police encounters, with one ending in an arrest. These encounters happened while I was out working in affluential, Caucasian neighborhoods. I had work materials with me. I stood up for myself because I had the right to.” -- unfortunately, most of the people in that republican district you were canvassing, disagree with you.

Wait, I watched that video. Yes it sucks someone called the cops on that guy because he was black, If some old white lady gets scarred because she sees a black guy walking around, there's not much you can do to stop her from calling the police. What you don't know for fact is whether the caller was a democrat or a republican.

Furthermore, the black guy did what I would never do. If a cop asks me to stop I'm going to stop and let him do his job... not be a jackass about it and keep arguing with a cop over whatever reason. The cop didnt arrest him for walking while black.... he arrested him for repeatedly arguing with a cop. The cop decided to go by the book, but he offered every chance for the black guy to cooperate.
If a cop goes out on a call, its his responsibility to complete the report. If he goes back to the station and says... "oh yeah, I let the guy walk because he looked legit and said he didnt want to be questioned"
The cop would look like a fucking fool, because its his job to ask the questions once he goes on call.

Why is that so Fucking Hard to understand? The racism part... in the first place.. yeah I agree thats sad but those are two seperate issues.

When I was working in Reno on a night shift in a machine shop, i went on a break for lunch down to the 7-11 on my walk back up the hill a cop car speeds up behind me with his lights turned out because there was a silent alarm in one of the commercial buildings.... long story short, he pushes me up against the fence and searches me for weapons only 30 yards from where I worked... now I could have been a Jackass and tried to argue with him and try to say.. I didnt do nothing wrong and work right here... But I understand the cop has to do what he has to do.
I understand though.. if I was black I might think he just stopped me because I was black. But the fact is , none of us can help that. Cops still have to be hired, they still have to do whtever the hell it is they are trained to do and if you dont cooperate, things will go sideways

The police officer says that people in the neighborhood felt the man was suspicious because he walking thru their neighborhood canvassing for republicans -- in case you need a visual of how suspicious that looks -- see photo ----> View attachment 228925 Pretty scary

He's lucky he wasn't gunned down

He claimed that he was working for a "super PAC" that was going door-to-door to solicit support for the re-election of a GOP congressman. Yet when the officer questioned him, he immediately aroused the officer's suspicion by standing up from a rock he was sitting on, and stashing a number of flyers he had in his hand under his clothing. You never, ever reach under your coat when approached by a law-enforcement officer. No matter what color you are.

In addition, the officer reminded him that West Des Moines has an ordinance prohibiting solicitation without a license. Hill replied that he's not soliciting, and refused to give his name or answer any other questions.

Hill also continued to walk down the street, even after the officer told him to stop, and was subsequently arrested for Harrassment of a Public Official or Employee.

How was his behavior not "suspicious"? You'd think that a black man, especially a Republican black man, would know what not to do when dealing with the police.

West Des Moines PD releases video of black man's interrogation | WHO Radio

Wait, I watched that video. Yes it sucks someone called the cops on that guy because he was black, If some old white lady gets scarred because she sees a black guy walking around, there's not much you can do to stop her from calling the police. What you don't know for fact is whether the caller was a democrat or a republican.

Furthermore, the black guy did what I would never do. If a cop asks me to stop I'm going to stop and let him do his job... not be a jackass about it and keep arguing with a cop over whatever reason. The cop didnt arrest him for walking while black.... he arrested him for repeatedly arguing with a cop. The cop decided to go by the book, but he offered every chance for the black guy to cooperate.
If a cop goes out on a call, its his responsibility to complete the report. If he goes back to the station and says... "oh yeah, I let the guy walk because he looked legit and said he didnt want to be questioned"
The cop would look like a fucking fool, because its his job to ask the questions once he goes on call.

Why is that so Fucking Hard to understand? The racism part... in the first place.. yeah I agree thats sad but those are two seperate issues.

When I was working in Reno on a night shift in a machine shop, i went on a break for lunch down to the 7-11 on my walk back up the hill a cop car speeds up behind me with his lights turned out because there was a silent alarm in one of the commercial buildings.... long story short, he pushes me up against the fence and searches me for weapons only 30 yards from where I worked... now I could have been a Jackass and tried to argue with him and try to say.. I didnt do nothing wrong and work right here... But I understand the cop has to do what he has to do.
I understand though.. if I was black I might think he just stopped me because I was black. But the fact is , none of us can help that. Cops still have to be hired, they still have to do whtever the hell it is they are trained to do and if you dont cooperate, things will go sideways
Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.

He claimed that he was working for a "super PAC" that was going door-to-door to solicit support for the re-election of a GOP congressman. Yet when the officer questioned him, he immediately aroused the officer's suspicion by standing up from a rock he was sitting on, and stashing a number of flyers he had in his hand under his clothing. You never, ever reach under your coat when approached by a law-enforcement officer. No matter what color you are.

In addition, the officer reminded him that West Des Moines has an ordinance prohibiting solicitation without a license. Hill replied that he's not soliciting, and refused to give his name or answer any other questions.

Hill also continued to walk down the street, even after the officer told him to stop, and was subsequently arrested for Harrassment of a Public Official or Employee.

How was his behavior not "suspicious"? You'd think that a black man, especially a Republican black man, would know what not to do when dealing with the police.

West Des Moines PD releases video of black man's interrogation | WHO Radio
The office specifically said he wasnt under arrest. A first year law student will get him off.

• Thanks

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.
If you knew your rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

If you knew you rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

I can see your not a team player at all. You must have been a joy to work with. No, If I think a cop is doing what he thinks he needs to do and concern he's not really being an asshole , I'm going to cooperate because there is no reason not too. It's also not my job to make their job harder... this doesnt make any sense.

If you knew you rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

I can see your not a team player at all. You must have been a joy to work with. No, If I think a cop is doing what he thinks he needs to do and concern he's not really being an asshole , I'm going to cooperate because there is no reason not too. It's also not my job to make their job harder... this doesnt make any sense.
The cops are not on my team. A cop has no reason to harass you or as you put it "pushes" you up against a fence. What kind of pussy is ok with someone pushing them up against a fence? Yes thats being an asshole. In this case the cop told the guy he was not under arrest. That should have been the end of it. Period.

• Thanks

Goes to show where the real plantation is.

We do have rights. He did have the right to ask why he was being stopped. And no, racism is not a separate issue here but you are white so I understand the ignorance you show in such matters. Please, when you try making your attempt at equivalence do so using a reasonably similar circumstance. If I was walking in a neighborhood at night, I would understand much better why I was being stopped than when it happens in broad daylight.

There is one thing you miss here yarddog, the fact that whoever saw this guy, saw what he was doing. This means they noticed him walking from house to house taking to people with pad in hand then leaving.

We pay the cops to make things easier for us. There are a load of rights we have when we are stopped that police do not tell us and they do so on purpose.

• You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud.
  • You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.
  • If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.
  • You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately.
  • Regardless of your immigration or citizenship status, you have constitutional rights.

What To Do If You're Stopped By Police, Immigration Agents or the FBI

old ladies , men of all colors should always be ready to call the cops on whoever they decide is suspicious looking especially if they live in a nice neighborhood . Same advice for kids especially girls !! After all , the home owners pay taxes that pays the Police salaries and so taxpayers have every RIGHT to call the cops .

old ladies , men of all colors should always be ready to call the cops on whoever they decide is suspicious looking especially if they live in a nice neighborhood . Same advice for kids especially girls !! After all , the home owners pay taxes that pays the Police salaries and so taxpayers have every RIGHT to call the cops .
You fool. No one is questioning the right of a home owner to call the cops. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Because anything involving a White man not giving a Black man everything they want, is automatically racist, just because Leftist loonies say so, sure....... Yeah... Right.
Yeah I guess the Black guy was ungrateful. What nerve asking not to be harrassed.

Cops abuse their power all the time.

Just today, I spoke with a White girl in Pawling who is a bar tender, and speaks about how the Cops at night keep circling around the bar staring at her.

Now, if she was Black, it would be "Racism"

Some people are just jerks, it's usually not racism, even if it's sometimes.

---------------------------------------------- well good Ace . I alway advise that people call the cops on those that they deem to be suspicious characters Ace .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back