Man Accused in Grand Central Stabbing Had Repeated Run-Ins With Police

And Reagan was the one who slashed federal spending and shifted that burden to the states, that was the problem.

Not when the money is inadequate.

6.4 billion for the State of NY, which has a population of 20 million, is a joke.

The money will never be adequate because all they count is how much is spent, not how effective it is.

Most of that $$ is spent on the salaries of the people running the things.

Two innocent people were stabbed in New York City because the district attorney and judges refused to lock up this violent serial criminal.

Liberals are pro-crime.

Man Accused in Grand Central Stabbing Had Repeated Run-Ins With Police​

December 27, 2023

The man who stabbed two teenage sisters in Grand Central Terminal on Christmas Day had encountered the police at least 15 times this year and recently was taken to a Bronx hospital for psychological evaluation, Police Department records show.

Manhattan prosecutors charged the man, Steven Hutcherson, 36, with attempted murder and assault as hate crimes on Tuesday after they said he used an anti-white slur before stabbing the girls, 16 and 14.

They were visiting from Paraguay and were sitting with their parents in a cafe. In the criminal complaint, he is identified as Esteban Esono-Asue, another name he uses.

Mr. Hutcherson has been arrested at least two dozen times in New York City.

City and state agencies have repeatedly missed chances to prevent violence and have been shielded by state laws that hide those failures.
Sounds like an untreated mental health condition...

Same thing happened in Dublin...

Can you provide a link?

The 3.5 billion comes from the state, out of a total state budget of 6.4 Billion. And it covers a variety of services.

The Feds don't spend anything on this, thanks to Reagan. That's the point. That's why we have so many mentally ill homeless.
You are a typical big government lib who wants too much power concentrated in washington dc

And Reagan was the one who slashed federal spending and shifted that burden to the states, that was the problem.

Not when the money is inadequate.

6.4 billion for the State of NY, which has a population of 20 million, is a joke.
See post 43

2.4B in the City budget, just for DHS, not counting what 5 or more other CITY agencies spend on the homeless.

That you can't find the numbers in just one place shows how bad the situation is.

HUD's budget was 68 Billion. They spend none of that on the homeless?

No, they spend most of that on the Corporate Welfare known as "Section 8". That Condo I sold last year, it's all section 8 housing now, selling a one-bedroom for $1365 a month! (I was paying less than $1000 for mortgage and association fees.)

Not all the Homeless are mentally ill.

So back to my point, we have a problem with dangerous homeless people because we aren't allocating the resources to treat these people.

No, they spend most of that on the Corporate Welfare known as "Section 8". That Condo I sold last year, it's all section 8 housing now, selling a one-bedroom for $1365 a month! (I was paying less than $1000 for mortgage and association fees.)

Not all the Homeless are mentally ill.

So back to my point, we have a problem with dangerous homeless people because we aren't allocating the resources to treat these people.

In NYC a shit ton of them are. and those are the ones that aren't a problem.

You can't look at billions in funding and say there aren't reasources.

DC got the job done before Reagan came along.

The states and cities aren't because they can't cope.
I disagree

But even that excuse wont fly since there have been 3 democrat presidents since Reagan rode off into the sunset

Dont use him as your lib excuse for failure

Crime has gone down, but it's still too high and it's too easy for crazy people to get guns.

Well, you can start by actually funding outpatient programs. That would be a good start.

I have no problem with forcibly institutionalizing people who refuse to take their meds.

No...it hasn't....

The police have stopped arresting people, they have stopped chasing criminals.......in particular under order from democrat party mayors.....

Democrat party judges and prosecutors are releasing violent criminals over and over again, dropping charges for the worst crimes....

This is an election year.......they are lying...

Two innocent people were stabbed in New York City because the district attorney and judges refused to lock up this violent serial criminal.

Liberals are pro-crime.

Man Accused in Grand Central Stabbing Had Repeated Run-Ins With Police​

December 27, 2023

The man who stabbed two teenage sisters in Grand Central Terminal on Christmas Day had encountered the police at least 15 times this year and recently was taken to a Bronx hospital for psychological evaluation, Police Department records show.

Manhattan prosecutors charged the man, Steven Hutcherson, 36, with attempted murder and assault as hate crimes on Tuesday after they said he used an anti-white slur before stabbing the girls, 16 and 14.

They were visiting from Paraguay and were sitting with their parents in a cafe. In the criminal complaint, he is identified as Esteban Esono-Asue, another name he uses.

Mr. Hutcherson has been arrested at least two dozen times in New York City.

City and state agencies have repeatedly missed chances to prevent violence and have been shielded by state laws that hide those failures.
But but but what about our high incarceration rate? What about social injustice? Innocent people are just going to have to die so that we don't have a high incarceration rate and so that we can have social justice. It's just a price we are going to have to pay. Over and over and over and over. The high crime rate is how we solve these issues.

No...it hasn't....

The police have stopped arresting people, they have stopped chasing criminals.......in particular under order from democrat party mayors.....
how does that effect the number of crimes reported?

I disagree

But even that excuse wont fly since there have been 3 democrat presidents since Reagan rode off into the sunset

Dont use him as your lib excuse for failure
not that easy to fix what Reagan broke.

In NYC a shit ton of them are. and those are the ones that aren't a problem.

You can't look at billions in funding and say there aren't reasources.
Nowhere near an adequate amount, that's the thing.

Or do you think these people want to live like that?

There will never be an adequate amount until it is done properly, i.e. not as a make work program for bureaucrats.

Evidently they do because they refuse the shelter system, and unless forced not to, go right back to it. Of course it's their mental state that's the issue, but all the advocates don't want them off the street, because then they wouldn't have jobs.

Thats nonsense

35 years is long enough for the left to fo something if it wanted to

You folks were beguiled by the movie “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and that has warped your thinking ever since

If you aren't actually trying to stop crimes, they happen but don't get reported, you dumb ass....

If you aren't actually trying to stop crimes, they happen but don't get reported, you dumb ass....

Well, they'd still be reported for insurance and record keeping purposes.

Heck, I've called the police several times over the years for crimes against my properties. Not only didn't they try very hard to catch the perp, they often didn't even investigate. Filled out a report for me to submit to insurance. we're done.

Heck, I've called the police several times over the years for crimes against my properties. Not only didn't they try very hard to catch the perp, they often didn't even investigate. Filled out a report for me to submit to insurance. we're done.

Nope...not on the police stats they aren't.......

Gee. That “Defund the Police” thing. How’s that working out for you in your leftist paradise?

You should have called a social worker.

Gee. That “Defund the Police” thing. How’s that working out for you in your leftist paradise?

You should have called a social worker.

Perfectly....it gives them more power to call for banning guns...

Forum List

Back