Man accidentally shot while trying to purchase pistol

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Police were called to a local hospital to a reported accidental shooting. The 75-year-old man with the gunshot wound told them he was trying to purchase a Jennings model J-22 pistol from a Piedmont man at Poor Man’s Trade Day. When the gun seller was showing him how to load it, the seller racked the slide and allowed it to go forward and the gun fired, shooting the potential buyer in the left leg just below the hip joint. The man who accidentally fired the gun was at the hospital checking on the victim when police made the report.

Man accidentally shot while trying to purchase pistol GadsdenTimes.com

More guns is the answer? Really?

Police were called to a local hospital to a reported accidental shooting. The 75-year-old man with the gunshot wound told them he was trying to purchase a Jennings model J-22 pistol from a Piedmont man at Poor Man’s Trade Day. When the gun seller was showing him how to load it, the seller racked the slide and allowed it to go forward and the gun fired, shooting the potential buyer in the left leg just below the hip joint. The man who accidentally fired the gun was at the hospital checking on the victim when police made the report.

How any people are killed trying to take "selfies"? People do stupid things. Stupidity is, and should be, a capital offense. I carry a gun every day I leave the house. I am old and if a young punk were to play the knockout game with me there's a real good chance that I wouldn't survive it. So, I stay aware of my surroundings at all times ad am prepared for any eventuality. So yes, guns are the answer. Especially if you're old, weak, or infirm.

How any people are killed trying to take "selfies"? People do stupid things. Stupidity is, and should be, a capital offense. I carry a gun every day I leave the house. I am old and if a young punk were to play the knockout game with me there's a real good chance that I wouldn't survive it. So, I stay aware of my surroundings at all times ad am prepared for any eventuality. So yes, guns are the answer. Especially if you're old, weak, or infirm.

If you aren't involved in criminal activity you are probably more likely to be accidently shot and killed than murdered. The cowards who play the knockout game won't let you see it coming.

Sad story, I grieve with you and his family, but no you cannot have my guns or my Second Amendment rights.

Amazing how easy these types of stories are to find.

It is? Why? I can easily find any number of stupid death stories that don't involve guns. Tell you what. You work on preventing those and the guns will take care of themselves.

If you aren't involved in criminal activity you are probably more likely to be accidently shot and killed than murdered. The cowards who play the knockout game won't let you see it coming.

True but the same can be said about driving. I have car insurance, how about you? And you're wrong. I have very good situational awareness. It has saved me many times when I was working in the third World.

True but the same can be said about driving. I have car insurance, how about you? And you're wrong. I have very good situational awareness. It has saved me many times when I was working in the third World.

So do I. I haven't been the victim of any crime in many years. But all that awareness doesn't help me at all against some idiot accidently shooting me. I'm far more likely to be accidently shot than intentionally by a criminal.

So do I. I haven't been the victim of any crime in many years. But all that awareness doesn't help me at all against some idiot accidently shooting me. I'm far more likely to be accidently shot than intentionally by a criminal.

No, you're not. Most negligent shooters shoot themselves as your recent plethora of posts shows. Yet again you offer up nothing but your own hysterical opinion.

No. Less careless people are the answer.

That would be nice. How do you get that though?

No, you're not. Most negligent shooters shoot themselves as your recent plethora of posts shows. Yet again you offer up nothing but your own hysterical opinion.

You might be right after factoring the number of self shooters. So if I carried I would be more likely to be accidently shot than murdered.

Yup. People do stupid shit all the time.

Gun safety is learned before anyone fires a gun.

Obviously gun safety wasn't applied with this incident.

You know where your gun is pointed and its not at a person when racking that slide and your finger is alongside the trigger, not on it.

Gun safety first each and every time.

Course this guy was shot by the seller.

You really can't. Humans are human and are subject to careless mistakes. The best you can do is to educate people on the proper handling of firearms and I would suggest starting at an early age.

In this story it sounds like the weapon may have been dirty which caused it to fire when the slide was released. I've seen it happen in older guns not properly cleaned. It's good practice to chamber a round with the barrel pointed in a safe direction.

You really can't. Humans are human and are subject to careless mistakes. The best you can do is to educate people on the proper handling of firearms and I would suggest starting at an early age.

In this story it sounds like the weapon may have been dirty which caused it to fire when the slide was released. I've seen it happen in older guns not properly cleaned. It's good practice to chamber a round with the barrel pointed in a safe direction.

I was taught to never point a gun at anyone unless you plan to shoot them.

I was taught to never point a gun at anyone unless you plan to shoot them.

That would be a safe direction.

Yeah brain.....with 320 million people in the country, and over 320 million guns in private hands, and over 90 million homes with guns in them.....and over 12.8 million people actually carrying guns every day for self defense...

Accidental gun deaths in 2013...........505

Guns used for self defense on average each year in America to stop or prevent violent crime and save lives...

2 million times a year....

Guns are also the most effective way for a woman to stop a rapist......

So gun accidents are sad and tragic, but considering the death rates from cars, falling, poisons, and drowning each year....they are not a problem.......

American people are amazingly responsible with their guns as the stats above show.....

And another thing....as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate has been going down, not up.....as is our gun murder rate....

And what we need.....gun safety training alongside fire safety training in schools...that would lower the gun accident rate even more....

dumb post brain....

Gun safety taught with fire safety in public schools...anti gun extremists fight those programs......

Forum List

Back