Male “EX Gay” Therapist busted for sexual assault......of men

This is what's happening to people, it's not a fallacy, it's just something you don't want to actually discuss because it shows the consequences of your macro level beliefs.
Obviously you do not understand logical fallacies. Basically, they are responses to an point made in an argument- in this case about the merits of reparative therapy- that are irrelevant, contrail faulty reasoning, and/or intended to derail the topic. IN this case you point may or may not be logical, but have noting to do with the topic at hand.

Obviously you do not understand logical fallacies. Basically, they are responses to an point made in an argument- in this case about the merits of reparative therapy- that are irrelevant, contrail faulty reasoning, and/or intended to derail the topic. IN this case you point may or may not be logical, but have noting to do with the topic at hand.

I'm talking about the overall impacts of the positions in question, i.e. Lesbians being told they should date dudes pretending to be women.

Something you can't even respond to.

I a'm always amazed at how much I have to explain to you people. Very sad. Especially since I have written about this numerous times before and probably in reply to your inane blathering

First of all, it is not a question of whether or not someone is gay. Sexual orientation exists on a continuum and many people are somewhere inbetween. Sexuality is a complex psycho social and sometimes biological matter with many factors playing into it. Biology is only an indicator of a predisposition, if anything is even known about the individual's biology- usually it is not known

As former social worker, I can tell you that a legitimate therapist starts “where the client is at” What does that mean? It means that when a person goes into therapy they are given an opportunity to express what is bothering them that brought them there. It may be that they are having feelings and thoughts that they do not understand. They may be confused. They may or may not know where on that continuum of sexuality they fall. If they do know , they may be uncomfortable with it-often because of societal condemnation

The legitimate therapists job is to listen , understand where the client is at and help them to set their own goal. That may be an acceptance of their sexuality . They may realize that they are bi sexual and decide on that lifestyle. Be openly and exclusively gay, or live as straight. They may chose to be asexual

The point is, that the therapist DOES NOT control the agenda or the outcome. Rather they provide guidance and support in an environment where the client finds their own answers. Contrast that with the conversion therapist who starts with their agenda and sets the goal of “curing the person” often using shame and humiliation and even physical pain.
I hope that this has helped, but I doubt that it will
Do you believe that people can suffer from mental illness?

I'm talking about the overall impacts of the positions in question, i.e. Lesbians being told they should date dudes pretending to be women.

Something you can't even respond to.
There you go again with your strawman logical fallacy which is when you repond with a rebuttal to an argument that was not made. I am arguing that there is a difference between reparitive therapy which is coercive , and therapy that actually can be helpful for the reasons that i cited. You come back withh some stuff about Lesbians dated dudes and being shamed and what ever. You may OR MAY NOT have a valid LOGICAL argument BUT, that is not the argument that you should be and need to be responding to THEREFORE it is a logical fallacy in terms of the debate/ I really don’t know what else I can do to help you.

I am not responding to what you are saying because that would be tantamount to suborning the derailment of my own thread

There you go again with your strawman logical fallacy which is when you repond with a rebuttal to an argument that was not made. I am arguing that there is a difference between reparitive therapy which is coercive , and therapy that actually can be helpful for the reasons that i cited. You come back withh some stuff about Lesbians dated dudes and being shamed and what ever. You may OR MAY NOT have a valid LOGICAL argument BUT, that is not the argument that you should be and need to be responding to THEREFORE it is a logical fallacy in terms of the debate/ I really don’t know what else I can do to help you.

I am not responding to what you are saying because that would be tantamount to suborning the derailment of my own thread

The laws are written in such a way that they don't make a difference. So any therapist that says "you may not be gay" is probably guilty of violating the laws.

Talk about a word salad to avoid actually responding to a statement.

The laws are written in such a way that they don't make a difference. So any therapist that says "you may not be gay" is probably guilty of violating the laws.

Talk about a word salad to avoid actually responding to a statement.
Thank you for that thoroughly researched, cogent and brilliantly articulated dissertation condemning reparative therapy . Keep showering us with your pearls of wisdom. We can learn so much from you

PS: What fucking laws are you talking about??

Thank you for that thoroughly researched, cogent and brilliantly articulated dissertation condemning reparative therapy . Keep showering us with your pearls of wisdom. We can learn so much from you

PS: What fucking laws are you talking about??

The so called "conversion therapy" bans?

These so called “Conversion” therapists , sometimes called “Reparative “therapists are a sleazy and dangerous bunch. The whole industry is built on the lie that homosexuality is a choice and that those living a “homosexual lifestyle” can change.

Here is but one example of the extreme dishonesty and hypocrisy that pervades this perverse practice . I will say again, those who rail the loudest against homosexuality are often closet queers harboring a deep self loathing. And they really have no interest in helping gay people. This guy could not even help himself. Their goal is only to marginalized, dehumanize and sometimes exploit gays

Sexual misconduct allegations lead Arizona ex-gay therapist to surrender his license - LGBTQ Nation
What 's so god damned funny boys? Do either of you jadrools have anything of substance to contribute?

If someone is a homo, and they want to stop violating other men's buttholes, what's wrong with getting others to help them, like reparative therapists?

Sure it can be difficult for people to give up drinking, drugs or gambling. And many fail repeatedly.

But we don't give up on them and tell them they are condemned forever to be a slave to those compulsions, do we?

No wonder why so many homos off themselves. They want to quit, but keep being told its hopeless.

These so called “Conversion” therapists , sometimes called “Reparative “therapists are a sleazy and dangerous bunch. The whole industry is built on the lie that homosexuality is a choice and that those living a “homosexual lifestyle” can change.

Here is but one example of the extreme dishonesty and hypocrisy that pervades this perverse practice . I will say again, those who rail the loudest against homosexuality are often closet queers harboring a deep self loathing. And they really have no interest in helping gay people. This guy could not even help himself. Their goal is only to marginalized, dehumanize and sometimes exploit gays

Sexual misconduct allegations lead Arizona ex-gay therapist to surrender his license - LGBTQ Nation
How about they just keep their private lives PRIVATE.?

They do. It’s the bigots who keep harassing them and poking their noses into their private lives such as by trying to coerce them into trying to be straight. It should not even be an issue, and would not be an issue if they were just left alone

If someone is a homo, and they want to stop violating other men's buttholes, what's wrong with getting others to help them, like reparative therapists?

Sure it can be difficult for people to give up drinking, drugs or gambling. And many fail repeatedly.

But we don't give up on them and tell them they are condemned forever to be a slave to those compulsions, do we?

No wonder why so many homos off themselves. They want to quit, but keep being told its hopeless.
Thank you for once again putting your ignorance and stupidity on full display

Looks like he's still gay lol.

Conversion therapists are often born again and working on grants like Michelle Bauchman's husband .

They don't have the courage to be their authentic selves.

Forum List

Back