Making the Wealthy Wealthier Doesn't Create Jobs

Given you suck at the public teat what the hell do you know about how and why businesses expand? Do you have friends who manufacture commodes?
Have you ever studied economics, or do you just make this crap up as you stumble along?

OK, so you know nothing about it.
Why not be productive and red tag a commode or something?
Well played! Rather than a truthful answer, you drag out the lame-ass response you have dragged out now for years.

You really aren't that bright at all, are you? Smoke in the boys room too much or just plain skip school every other day? I guess by now you would have learned that they we trying to educate your sorry ass back then and you were just wasting time.

Ok genius. Since you act like you know so much. Explain to us why and how a business would expand if it sees no increase in demand.

again, you've never heard of new markets, products or services, huh.

Yes I have. And they all had untapped demand which was why businesses expanded.

But, please, explain how and why a business would expand without increased demand.

There's tons of untapped demand in Africa. Just think of how many people there would like to have airconditioning in their homes. Why no growth in the production of air-conditioners?

Have you ever studied economics, or do you just make this crap up as you stumble along?

Well played! Rather than a truthful answer, you drag out the lame-ass response you have dragged out now for years.

You really aren't that bright at all, are you? Smoke in the boys room too much or just plain skip school every other day? I guess by now you would have learned that they we trying to educate your sorry ass back then and you were just wasting time.

Funny coming from a gov't tit-sucker like you.
You never answered what you know about how and why businesses make the decisions they do.

I'm sorry, but he's right. +You seem to be trotting out some old page from a dusty Republican playbook that says whenever trickle down is attacked, claim 'class warfare'!

The simple fact is no company is going to expand, open a new production line, introduce innovative products without a demand for it first! Demand creates jobs. No rich guy is going to glance at his 1040 and say, "Wow! I'm taxed at a lower rate this year. I guess I'll open a factory."

But show a radio trained Conservative how trickle down does nothing to stimulate economic growth and the gears engage, the cogs turn and the response is sadly predictable: "Class Warfare!"

Moron ... there is no conscious demand for something that doesn't exist. Someone has to take the risk to create a new product that maybe demanded. There is also the possibility that the new product might not be in demand by the masses... hence the risk. Innovation isnt a matter of demand, its about individual ideas and motivation to create something someone believes in.
You can't 'create' demand for a product among those without means. And consolidating the means among a very VERY small minority does nothing to expand the marketplace. The more consumers with disposable income yearning for innovative goods and services is what creates jobs.

That or supply goes down and price goes up.

Here's a lesson in economics.

If I have 10 apples and you take 7 and give them to your supporters, then you must be from the govt.

Last edited:
A lot of folks on here are drifting off onto different points altogether. Now if you want to argue that the wealthiest and big corporations deserve tax breaks and loopholes just because it's their money and they should be entitled to hold onto more of it.

But just don't try to trot out that stupid argument that it creates jobs. It doesn't.

It terms of overtaxing the wealthy and businesses in the U.S. yes, the U.S. has some high tax rates. But doing business in the U.S. is incredibly profitable too. Why? Isn't it because people in the U.S. have so much purchasing power and THAT makes the priviledge of doing business in the U.S. worth more.

Anyway, you can argue back and forth on some of those points in a reasonable way. But you cannot argue that offering tax breaks and loopholes that are not tied to employment creates any jobs. It doesn't happen.

again, you've never heard of new markets, products or services, huh.

But, please, explain how and why a business would expand without increased demand.

There's tons of untapped demand in Africa. Just think of how many people there would like to have airconditioning in their homes. Why no growth in the production of air-conditioners?

Maybe because they don't have electricity?

i'm sorry, but he's right. +you seem to be trotting out some old page from a dusty republican playbook that says whenever trickle down is attacked, claim 'class warfare'!

The simple fact is no company is going to expand, open a new production line, introduce innovative products without a demand for it first! Demand creates jobs. No rich guy is going to glance at his 1040 and say, "wow! I'm taxed at a lower rate this year. I guess i'll open a factory."

but show a radio trained conservative how trickle down does nothing to stimulate economic growth and the gears engage, the cogs turn and the response is sadly predictable: "class warfare!"

moron ... There is no conscious demand for something that doesn't exist. Someone has to take the risk to create a new product that maybe demanded. There is also the possibility that the new product might not be in demand by the masses... Hence the risk. Innovation isnt a matter of demand, its about individual ideas and motivation to create something someone believes in.
you can't 'create' demand for a product among those without means. And consolidating the means among a very very small minority does nothing to expand the marketplace. The more consumers with disposable income yearning for innovative goods and services is what creates jobs.

exactly!

Funny coming from a gov't tit-sucker like you.
You never answered what you know about how and why businesses make the decisions they do.
My family's business since 1923 has been a print shop. I know how they make decisions. They calculate how many customers will buy their services.

Thus endeth the lesson. Go listen to Rush or sign up for some adult education classes. Stop wasting my time the way you wasted your shot at a free education.

If you own your business and you employ 10 people. Then you employ 10 people because that's how many people it takes to supply the demand for your product or service. Just because the government hands you money, that doesn't encourage you to hire more people.

The ONLY thing that will prompt you to hire more people is an increase in demand for your product or service that requires you to hire more people in order to meet that bigger demand.

Without an increase in demand for your product or service, you will just pocket the extra money.

That's one of the reason's trickle down economics are idiotic. If you want to stimilute job growth, you have to increase the demand. THAT'S trickle UP economics.

For someone that uses no dog in a fight sure seems like they have a dog in this fight.:eusa_whistle:

If you own your business and you employ 10 people. Then you employ 10 people because that's how many people it takes to supply the demand for your product or service. Just because the government hands you money, that doesn't encourage you to hire more people.

The ONLY thing that will prompt you to hire more people is an increase in demand for your product or service that requires you to hire more people in order to meet that bigger demand.

Without an increase in demand for your product or service, you will just pocket the extra money.

That's one of the reason's trickle down economics are idiotic. If you want to stimilute job growth, you have to increase the demand. THAT'S trickle UP economics.

For someone that uses no dog in a fight sure seems like they have a dog in this fight.:eusa_whistle:

how so?

btw - I adopted that name a long time ago to comment on two sports team (neither of which I particularly cared for) and kept the name. So what? What's your point?

Last edited:

Maybe because they don't have electricity?

Well then, jus tthink of all the untapped demand for electricty! Why don't they have a booming market building electrical power stations?

You don't "see" anything about class warfare?

Really?

:lmao:
I'm sorry, but he's right. +You seem to be trotting out some old page from a dusty Republican playbook that says whenever trickle down is attacked, claim 'class warfare'!

The simple fact is no company is going to expand, open a new production line, introduce innovative products without a demand for it first! Demand creates jobs. No rich guy is going to glance at his 1040 and say, "Wow! I'm taxed at a lower rate this year. I guess I'll open a factory."

But show a radio trained Conservative how trickle down does nothing to stimulate economic growth and the gears engage, the cogs turn and the response is sadly predictable: "Class Warfare!"

Moron ... there is no conscious demand for something that doesn't exist. Someone has to take the risk to create a new product that maybe demanded. There is also the possibility that the new product might not be in demand by the masses... hence the risk. Innovation isnt a matter of demand, its about individual ideas and motivation to create something someone believes in.

Look, you are not completely wrong. If a company comes out with some new gizmo, and it can do something that no other product can, then there is a good chance people will buy it and that particular business will expand. What you are missing is that companies that sell everyday products will not expand without actual demand. GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and all the rest of the car companies are not going to produce more and more cars just because they are now making a profit. They are only going to produce what they know they can sell. Until they see increased demand, they aren't going to produce more, no matter how much you cut their taxes. And to expand on that, if a new company does come along that offers some new product, if people only have enough money to barely get by, they may buy that new product, but it will prevent them from buying something else that they would have bought. End result is no net gain in the economy.

how so?

btw - I adopted that name a long time ago to comment on two sports team (neither of which I particularly cared for) and kept the name. So what? What's your point?

You say trickle down economics doesn't work I say it does now put your dog in the pit and let's fight.

The government does not "hand" money to wealthy people. They "take" money from wealthy people. What gave you the crazy idea that the government hands rich people money?

Let's try to keep our eye on the ball here. Making the wealthy wealthier doesn't create jobs.
It may be "fair" to let them keep more of their money. Or it may be fair to have them pay for the priviledge of building wealth in the U.S.A.

It may be smart to fund a thriving consumer class to maintain a healthy demand for goods and services or it may be smart to stuff your matresses with $100 bills. Whatever.

But providing tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthiest does nothing to create jobs.

Let's try to keep our eye on the ball here. Making the wealthy wealthier doesn't create jobs.
It may be "fair" to let them keep more of their money. Or it may be fair to have them pay for the priviledge of building wealth in the U.S.A.

It may be smart to fund a thriving consumer class to maintain a healthy demand for goods and services or it may be smart to stuff your matresses with $100 bills. Whatever.

But providing tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthiest does nothing to create jobs.
It did in the 80's well into the 90's

How about creating more demand because prices come down because the company creating the product is more profitable because it keeps more of the money it earned. (is that the basis of this thread by the way?, its getting kind of muddled)

Forum List

Back