Making the Wealthy Wealthier Doesn't Create Jobs

If you own your business and you employ 10 people. Then you employ 10 people because that's how many people it takes to supply the demand for your product or service. Just because the government hands you money, that doesn't encourage you to hire more people.

The ONLY thing that will prompt you to hire more people is an increase in demand for your product or service that requires you to hire more people in order to meet that bigger demand.

Without an increase in demand for your product or service, you will just pocket the extra money.

That's one of the reason's trickle down economics are idiotic. If you want to stimilute job growth, you have to increase the demand. THAT'S trickle UP economics.

Wow are you fucking stupid.
The only people the government "hands" money to are the unemployed and unproductive. And it doesn't encourage them to do anything but continue being unemployed and unproductive.
Allowing businesses to keep more of the money they earned (no one gave it to them), allows them to invest in new products and processes to increase sales, to grow their businesses.

Corporations should not be getting a free ride, them paying for government services they use is not their money. And a business doesn't need a tax break to invest in something that will make them money. But I'm all for helping business secure loans.

If you are a business person and you have a product that requires 10 employees to supply the demand and it is adequate; what IDIOT would hire 20 more people in order to put out more product, unless, and that is a bit UNLESS the demand increases.
And how does the demand increase? By others wanting your product.
So demand would mean the increase in the products output would mean more jobs.
Sorry that it is so simple for the rightwingers here that think they are "real" entrepreneurs.
:cuckoo:
All they have at their disposal is insults.

odd isn't it - or is it just pathetically predictable from the "usual suspects."

If you own your business and you employ 10 people. Then you employ 10 people because that's how many people it takes to supply the demand for your product or service. Just because the government hands you money, that doesn't encourage you to hire more people.

The ONLY thing that will prompt you to hire more people is an increase in demand for your product or service that requires you to hire more people in order to meet that bigger demand.

Without an increase in demand for your product or service, you will just pocket the extra money.

That's one of the reason's trickle down economics are idiotic. If you want to stimilute job growth, you have to increase the demand. THAT'S trickle UP economics.

The only people the government "hands" money to are the unemployed and unproductive. And it doesn't encourage them to do anything but continue being unemployed and unproductive.
Allowing businesses to keep more of the money they earned (no one gave it to them), allows them to invest in new products and processes to increase sales, to grow their businesses.

Corporations should not be getting a free ride, them paying for government services they use is not their money. And a business doesn't need a tax break to invest in something that will make them money. But I'm all for helping business secure loans.

Corporations don't get a free ride. They pay taxes.

The class warfare beat is a lonely one, eh, nobraininyourhead?

I didn't see anything about class warfare in that post, but talking about brain dead, denying the facts makes you look that way. People don't invest money without demand, no matter how much you give them. The fact that average American's wages have been stuck with no growth for years has led to diminished demand for products and services. This is why our economy sucks, not because we taxed the wealthy too much. The fact is we gave the wealthy massive tax cuts and average Americans got shit in return. Those are the facts. Denying them only leads to a confirmation of your complete inability to reason.

You don't "see" anything about class warfare?

Really?

:lmao:
I'm sorry, but he's right. +You seem to be trotting out some old page from a dusty Republican playbook that says whenever trickle down is attacked, claim 'class warfare'!

The simple fact is no company is going to expand, open a new production line, introduce innovative products without a demand for it first! Demand creates jobs. No rich guy is going to glance at his 1040 and say, "Wow! I'm taxed at a lower rate this year. I guess I'll open a factory."

But show a radio trained Conservative how trickle down does nothing to stimulate economic growth and the gears engage, the cogs turn and the response is sadly predictable: "Class Warfare!"

Actually, in the United States, we have corporate welfare. So, yes, the government does hand money to companies.

Link?

Really?

History of U.S. Oil Subsidies Go Back Nearly a Century - Yahoo! News

And that's just one example.

Whoever wrote that article is a bigger idiot than you are.
Here's a real example of gov't handing money to corporations.
After Solyndra, Other Energy Loans Draw Scrutiny : NPR

Your 420 is kicking in and you almost incoherent.
Corporations do not get a free ride. They pay taxes on lots of things.
I agree they should not get tax breaks, and they damn sure should not get sweetheart loans from the gov't.
Guess which side has handed out more of those.

I didn't see anything about class warfare in that post, but talking about brain dead, denying the facts makes you look that way. People don't invest money without demand, no matter how much you give them. The fact that average American's wages have been stuck with no growth for years has led to diminished demand for products and services. This is why our economy sucks, not because we taxed the wealthy too much. The fact is we gave the wealthy massive tax cuts and average Americans got shit in return. Those are the facts. Denying them only leads to a confirmation of your complete inability to reason.

Really?

I'm sorry, but he's right. +You seem to be trotting out some old page from a dusty Republican playbook that says whenever trickle down is attacked, claim 'class warfare'!

The simple fact is no company is going to expand, open a new production line, introduce innovative products without a demand for it first! Demand creates jobs. No rich guy is going to glance at his 1040 and say, "Wow! I'm taxed at a lower rate this year. I guess I'll open a factory."

But show a radio trained Conservative how trickle down does nothing to stimulate economic growth and the gears engage, the cogs turn and the response is sadly predictable: "Class Warfare!"

Given you suck at the public teat what the hell do you know about how and why businesses expand? Do you have friends who manufacture commodes?

Really?

Given you suck at the public teat what the hell do you know about how and why businesses expand? Do you have friends who manufacture commodes?

Ok genius. Since you act like you know so much. Explain to us why and how a business would expand if it sees no increase in demand.

It's amazing that libs can't tell the difference between accounting rules and an actual subsidy. Oil pays more in taxes than they make in profits. Green energy sucks in more in subsidies than they produce in the economy. Numeracy is not their strong point.

Really?

Have you ever studied economics, or do you just make this crap up as you stumble along?

Ok genius. Since you act like you know so much. Explain to us why and how a business would expand if it sees no increase in demand.

again, you've never heard of new markets, products or services, huh.

Really?

Moron ... there is no conscious demand for something that doesn't exist. Someone has to take the risk to create a new product that maybe demanded. There is also the possibility that the new product might not be in demand by the masses... hence the risk. Innovation isnt a matter of demand, its about individual ideas and motivation to create something someone believes in.

Yes I have. And they all had untapped demand which was why businesses expanded.

But, please, explain how and why a business would expand without increased demand.

The class warfare beat is a lonely one, eh, nobraininyourhead?

I didn't see anything about class warfare in that post, but talking about brain dead, denying the facts makes you look that way. People don't invest money without demand, no matter how much you give them. .

REally? where was the demand for the iPad before Steve Jobs invented it? The flat screen TV? Personal Computer? Hoola Hoop?

The fact that average American's wages have been stuck with no growth for years has led to diminished demand for products and services. .This is why our economy sucks, not because we taxed the wealthy too much.

So lack of growth was caused by lack of growth?

The fact is we gave the wealthy massive tax cuts and average Americans got shit in return. Those are the facts. Denying them only leads to a confirmation of your complete inability to reason.

Growth in per capita income has followed productivity growth almost exactly ever since the two have been tracked. Of course, parasites who want more of your money are always going to blame tax cuts for every malady under the sun. Only the terminally naive are fooled.

Your scenario ignores a situation that is seen at many small businesses today - overworked workers tasked to do their job as well as that of one or two others, possibly laid off, all for the same pay....

It ignores productivity and worker happiness... It doesn't say if the business is appropriately staffed... Many small businesses in the situation I mention would certainly hire staff to eleviate the burden on other workers if the funding were available...

In you simplistic scenario, with no known variables, you cannot make the generalized comments you do... Well, you can, but they are just empty comments...

Really?

Moron ... there is no conscious demand for something that doesn't exist. Someone has to take the risk to create a new product that maybe demanded. There is also the possibility that the new product might not be in demand by the masses... hence the risk. Innovation isnt a matter of demand, its about individual ideas and motivation to create something someone believes in.
You can't 'create' demand for a product among those without means. And consolidating the means among a very VERY small minority does nothing to expand the marketplace. The more consumers with disposable income yearning for innovative goods and services is what creates jobs.

Because they anticipate future demand.
How much demand was there for a Walkman before the first one was built?

Have you ever studied economics, or do you just make this crap up as you stumble along?

OK, so you know nothing about it.
Why not be productive and red tag a commode or something?

Yes I have. And they all had untapped demand which was why businesses expanded.

But, please, explain how and why a business would expand without increased demand.

Of course, the only way we know there was "untapped demand" was the fact that someone created a new product and people started buying it.

How would one demonstrate that there was no demand for a product before it was sold? According to your methodology, the fact that it sells is the proof that there was "untapped demand." So, according to you, it would be logically impossible to have a product that sells for which there is no untapped demand. You claim is nothing more than begging the question - a logical fallacy, in other words.

Forum List

Back