Making progress, 40% of U.S. now allows carrying a gun without a permit.

I hope you all lose your temper and shoot someone, better yet let you child or grandchild find your gun and shoot someone. I am sick of you gun freaks.
I never lose my temper and I if I ever see you getting the shit kicked out of you I will not draw my weapon to intervene.

You made the choice to walk around with no means to protect yourself and decided to give the responsibility of protection to the government. So I might call the cops and an ambulance for you and then walk away and hope the cops show up in time to save your life because I respect your choice to be defenseless and will allow you to reap the consequences of your decisions

Gotta love someone who says that carrying a gun changes their judgement, and then quotes Law Enforcement, who carries guns, as the ones responsible for weeding out bad people.

Cops kill more people every year than concealed carry permit holders do despite being outnumbered 1000 to one, so how the fuck do you justify this bullshit?

It sure dose change their judgement, instead of running or turning the other cheek, the maj. or those with a gun on them will feel more powerful and full of themselves. One does not carry a gun without the intention to use it when they feel threatened in anyway (physically or verbally).

Good. What's the point of carrying a gun if you're not going to use it to defend yourself?

You are defending yourself from another one carrying a gun. You are all the same.

So there is no difference to you between a law abiding citizen carrying a gun and a bank robber or carjacker carrying one?

Are you that fucking stupid? We're "the same" because we both have a gun?

Really , are you going to be a hero all of a sudden, and shoot a bank robber and or a carjacker, are you crazy.
nope I just don't want to be a helpless victim.

I have no aspirations to save the day my weapon is solely for the defense of my and my wife's life. Not yours or anyone else's and I will not draw to save another adult's life because I respect their choice to be unable to defend themselves.

What is next, allowing murder.

We are past that, "stand your ground" encourages deadly force.

No, some asshole attacking you is what encourages deadly force.

Spoken ^^^ with the authority of a gun freak. Having a gun in one's possession has an impact on their judgment, it gives some persons dutch courage, and thus some will go looking for trouble (Zimmerman style); go places they know may be dangerous; provoke violence when discretion is called for; or have Walter Mitty fantasies that they will be a hero for killing another person (judge or jury syndrome).

LE weeds out those who may manifest these and other red flags, during the hiring process and for a period of time under the tutelage of their FTO and superior officers. Civilians have no mentors, no use of force policy, are not trained in non lethal use of force methods, the use of a gun on a range; have not been evaluated by experience officers in the field; superior officers during hiring interviews or psychological evals - written and oral - before ever touching a service weapon.
really?

funny how concealed carry permit holders never seem to be pulling their guns all the time as you would have people believe

If I felt that threatened in my day-to-day life that I needed to carry a gun, I'd carry a gun and screw the permit.

But I don't so I don't.
Great point. Do you imagine these gun enthusiasts really feel they are in imminent danger, or, in your opinion, do they just want to be the hero gunslinger?

how many concealed carry permit holders pull their weapons and play gunslinger in any one day?

Spoken ^^^ with the authority of a gun freak. Having a gun in one's possession has an impact on their judgment, it gives some persons dutch courage, and thus some will go looking for trouble (Zimmerman style); go places they know may be dangerous; provoke violence when discretion is called for; or have Walter Mitty fantasies that they will be a hero for killing another person (judge or jury syndrome).

LE weeds out those who may manifest these and other red flags, during the hiring process and for a period of time under the tutelage of their FTO and superior officers. Civilians have no mentors, no use of force policy, are not trained in non lethal use of force methods, the use of a gun on a range; have not been evaluated by experience officers in the field; superior officers during hiring interviews or psychological evals - written and oral - before ever touching a service weapon.
really?

funny how concealed carry permit holders never seem to be pulling their guns all the time as you would have people believe

Straw man ^^^ - my comment has zero to do with CCP's; however, such permits are issued based on the judgment - not a thorough investigation - of (usually) an elected Sheriff. Sheriff's are political animals, and thus make judgments based on their job security.

If I felt that threatened in my day-to-day life that I needed to carry a gun, I'd carry a gun and screw the permit.

But I don't so I don't.
Great point. Do you imagine these gun enthusiasts really feel they are in imminent danger, or, in your opinion, do they just want to be the hero gunslinger?

how many concealed carry permit holders pull their weapons and play gunslinger in any one day?

At my last count, 743 times

^^^---SARCASM ALERT---^^^

[Yes Virginia, there are stupid questions]

really?

Straw man ^^^ - my comment has zero to do with CCP's; however, such permits are issued based on the judgment - not a thorough investigation - of (usually) an elected Sheriff. Sheriff's are political animals, and thus make judgments based on their job security.
no they are usually based on a background check and paying of the fees.

But I don't so I don't.

---SARCASM ALERT---
so none

But I don't so I don't.

Okay. How many? How many folks use their concealed weapons daily in events of imminent danger?

But I don't so I don't.

---SARCASM ALERT---
so none

I'm sorry, I edited my post to include this comment: "Yes Virginia, there are stupid questions". You seem to have cornered the market on asking stupid questions.

You ask the question, you answer it. I googled it and it doesn't seem to be a stat that's recorded because how do you define "use their weapons?" Do they have to draw? Do they have to fire their weapon? How many people draw their weapons and never fire? Is that considered "using it?"

It's not really a stat that I can find a figure on.

But I don't so I don't.

Okay. How many? How many folks use their concealed weapons daily in events of imminent danger?

Don't know don't care. A weapon that is not used is of no consequence

but if that weapon is used once in a person's lifetime to save the life of the person it was worth it

But I don't so I don't.

---SARCASM ALERT---
so none

I'm sorry, I edited my post to include this comment: "Yes Virginia, there are stupid questions". You seem to have cornered the market on asking stupid questions.
just like there are stupid comments like people who carry guns do it so they can play gunslinger

But I don't so I don't.

Don't know don't care. A weapon that is not used is of no consequence

but if that weapon is used once in a person's lifetime to save the life of the person it was worth it
Aw! C'mon! there has to be statistics relating to the use of concealed weapons thwarting crime! If you have to carry a gun to protect yourself, and it turns out there is no real threat, why carry one?

If the streets are as dangerous as you would have us believe, prove it.

What other forms of personal protection do you equip yourself with when you're out and about?

Aw! C'mon! there has to be statistics relating to the use of concealed weapons thwarting crime! If you have to carry a gun to protect yourself, and it turns out there is no real threat, why carry one?

If the streets are as dangerous as you would have us believe, prove it.

No problem. Guns used 2.5 million times a year to stop crimes and multiple studies back it up:

Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives

Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US

Gun Facts | Gun Control, Guns and Crime Prevention

Record number of guns, lowest violent crime rate in years:

FBI Drops Truth-Bomb on Gun Control Advocates: Firearms Numbers at Record Levels & Violent Crime Decreases

FBI Report: More Guns Correlated With Less Crime In First Half Of 2014 - Breitbart

Last edited:
That you make an equivalency between allowing law abiding citizens to open carry on the one hand and murder on the other shows that you are a brain addled moron.
What makes one an unlawful citizen. A split second of poor judgement ( you moron) or an accident which is the case with children . A gun changes people, whether you admit it or not.

Most law abiding citizens will say it accidently went off, or I just lost it for a minute, didn't mean to.
Which would you prefer a young mother not be able to carry and defend herself from potential threats such as to be rape and killed- verses- being able to defend herself to insure she will be there another day for her children?
I choose life for the young mother that would be defenseless without the gun against those type thugs.

We need to put a stop to the insanity. WW West . Got to get the Republicans out of office.

What insanity.....in the 1990s we had 200 million guns in private hands and in 1997 we had 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense....in 2016 we had 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns, legally, for self defense...

--our gun murder rate went down 49%

--our violent crime rate went down 75%

--our accidental gun death rate went down...

What is insane about that?

Each year, according to bill clinton and barak obama....1,500,000 people in America use guns to stop violent criminal attack...what is insane about that?

Forum List

Back