Making progress, 40% of U.S. now allows carrying a gun without a permit.

Great point. Do you imagine these gun enthusiasts really feel they are in imminent danger, or, in your opinion, do they just want to be the hero gunslinger?

how many concealed carry permit holders pull their weapons and play gunslinger in any one day?
Okay. How many? How many folks use their concealed weapons daily in events of imminent danger?

Don't know don't care. A weapon that is not used is of no consequence

but if that weapon is used once in a person's lifetime to save the life of the person it was worth it
Aw! C'mon! there has to be statistics relating to the use of concealed weapons thwarting crime! If you have to carry a gun to protect yourself, and it turns out there is no real threat, why carry one?

If the streets are as dangerous as you would have us believe, prove it.
I'm sure there are and feel free to look for them
As far as I'm concerned it's irrelevant

A weapon is no different than an insurance policy. You carry hoping yo will never need it but on the off chance you do you're god damned glad you had it
That's an esoteric way of looking at a gun. But how many times has your insurance policy been found by a toddler and then killed her?

Great point. Do you imagine these gun enthusiasts really feel they are in imminent danger, or, in your opinion, do they just want to be the hero gunslinger?

how many concealed carry permit holders pull their weapons and play gunslinger in any one day?
Okay. How many? How many folks use their concealed weapons daily in events of imminent danger?

but if that weapon is used once in a person's lifetime to save the life of the person it was worth it
Aw! C'mon! there has to be statistics relating to the use of concealed weapons thwarting crime! If you have to carry a gun to protect yourself, and it turns out there is no real threat, why carry one?

A weapon is no different than an insurance policy. You carry hoping yo will never need it but on the off chance you do you're god damned glad you had it

Oh just the opposite of how you feel about the ACA ins. mandate. Oh I know, we are not fined for having a gun. I wonder when that is going to come. We have to buy a gun, so the gun corps can make more money or we cant just shoot ourselves due to not having health insurance.

Over 40% of the land is vacant wasteland

Not much to brag about

Oh just the opposite of how you feel about the ACA ins. mandate. Oh I know, we are not fined for having a gun. I wonder when that is going to come. We have to buy a gun, so the gun corps can make more money or we cant just shoot ourselves due to not having health insurance.

I would never force anyone to carry a gun
I would never force anyone to buy insurance of any kind if they chose not to

you can't see the difference?

That's an esoteric way of looking at a gun. But how many times has your insurance policy been found by a toddler and then killed her?

as many times as my guns

ZERO

as many times as my guns

ZERO
Bully for you. If only that could be said about everyone. But it cannot, can it?

as many times as my guns

ZERO
Bully for you. If only that could be said about everyone. But it cannot, can it?
not my problem is it?

I am in no way responsible for the behavior of any other gun owner or the parent of any child

What is next, allowing murder.

We are past that, "stand your ground" encourages deadly force.

No, some asshole attacking you is what encourages deadly force.

Spoken ^^^ with the authority of a gun freak. Having a gun in one's possession has an impact on their judgment, it gives some persons dutch courage, and thus some will go looking for trouble (Zimmerman style); go places they know may be dangerous; provoke violence when discretion is called for; or have Walter Mitty fantasies that they will be a hero for killing another person (judge or jury syndrome).

LE weeds out those who may manifest these and other red flags, during the hiring process and for a period of time under the tutelage of their FTO and superior officers. Civilians have no mentors, no use of force policy, are not trained in non lethal use of force methods, the use of a gun on a range; have not been evaluated by experience officers in the field; superior officers during hiring interviews or psychological evals - written and oral - before ever touching a service weapon.

Do you have a single credible shred of evidence to back up this pile of ridiculous bullshit you call a post?

A 32 year career in LE, more than half of that time as a supervisor or manager: five years as supervisor of the domestic violence unit; three years as training manager; three years as manager of Juvenile, three years managing Internal Affairs and doing the recruitment, vetting (back ground investigations) and recommending to the hiring authority those in my judgement should be given a conditional offer of employment, at which time the more expensive items (medical, psychological and 832 PC training at the academy) would be provided.
You weren't a street cop. Being a desk jockey might make working in law enforcement but it isn't the same thing. You're full of shit. Most cops are pro 2nd and like I pointed out shall issue states aren't having the problem AND murder rates are going down while concealed carry laws are liberalized. You were a government drone that lived and still do in an altered state of reality.

But how many times has your insurance policy been found by a toddler and then killed her?
No one drives an insurance policy into a family in a van either but we still allow citizens to get driver's licenses. Bizarre!
Yes, because 30,000 people a year kill themselves with a family van

Last edited:
But how many times has your insurance policy been found by a toddler and then killed her?
No one drives an insurance policy into a family in a van either but we still allow citizens to get driver's licenses. Bizarre!
only about half of all suicides are committed with a firearm

Very true

When killing yourself with pills, you have an hour to change your mind. When killing yourself with a gun you have a split second

I hope you all lose your temper and shoot someone, better yet let you child or grandchild find your gun and shoot someone. I am sick of you gun freaks.

That was easy.....your true self emerges...a left wing hater who wants innocent people murdered simply because you disagree with them.......that is how people like you filled mass graves for 100 million people since 1917...

No that is what happens to many people who carry and have guns.

You just stated that you hoped our children or grandchildren will shoot someone. You are a sick individual.

Very true

When killing yourself with pills, you have an hour to change your mind. When killing yourself with a gun you have a split second
so?

Suicide is the most personal of personal choices and none of your business

Very true

so?

Of course it is my business

If I can prevent a suicide I will do it....even if it means taking guns away from people who are suicidal

Very true

so?

If I can prevent a suicide I will do it....even if it means taking guns away from people who are suicidal

it's none of your business if a person chooses to live or die

I would never force anyone to carry a gun
I would never force anyone to buy insurance of any kind if they chose not to

you can't see the difference?

Can't reason with members of a cult. She'll need extensive deprogramming. Seriously.

Very true

so?

it's none of your business if a person chooses to live or die

odd, isn't it?

They support physician assisted suicide, but are totally against DIY if you use a firearm.

The Left makes everyone's business their business. The strongest characteristic of the Left is control over others - hence, big government.

Forum List

Back