People Can Now Carry Guns Without A License In Half Of America's States

Okay, but you do not have a problem if a person diagnosed as one with violent tendencies is restricted from that right. That only supports my point that rights can legally come with exceptions which is all I'm saying.

Yes....through due process.....not a blanket denial of the Right until you prove to the government you should be allowed to exercise that Right.....

Yes....through due process.....not a blanket denial of the Right until you prove to the government you should be allowed to exercise that Right.....

That's the way it's always worked. If you are denied what you feel is a right, you can only take it to court once that right is violated. I was told this by a lawyer at the ACLU when I had some property issues with my city. They made landlord laws that gave them legal statute to inspect my apartments even when occupied by my tenants. I contacted them and ask that they take the city to court for Forth Amendment violations. They said they couldn't do a thing until they physically entered the property and did an actual inspection against the will of my tenants.

No permit required where I live. I rarely carry. I don't hang out in risk areas. There was a time I had to work in some risk areas. This was before the current legal situation. When I worked those areas I carried and with out a permit. I figured better judged by 12 than carried by six. Nice to know that I would not get in trouble these days. I no longer do that type of work so the whole thing is kinda late for me.

I can understand where you are coming from, although I disagree. Testing and training can then be abused to limit who, how many, and how often people could exercise a Constitutional right.

I would guess that depends on where you live and what party is in the majority of that state. Here things only got more lenient since the passage of our CCW program.

When it first started it was only good for when you're walking around and most businesses posted signs forbidding the carrying of a firearm in their establishment. Then they allowed us to carry in the car but the gun had to be holstered and in the glove box, gun box, or console. They got rid of that and then allowed us to carry a loaded gun un-holstered and placed anywhere in the car including the passenger seat. It just kept getting more liberal from there. That's how we got to constitutional carry and no requirement to alert a police officer if you're armed which is also something I'm against.

Our state went that way last year and I'm against it. I don't want people with no training or testing out on the streets with guns.
The funny thing is, in the deep blue cities, there are MANY people running around with guns with no license, including felons. And, many of these places have more gun control laws than other parts of the country. The left's response to increased gun crimes? More gun control legislation. It never even occurs to them to keep the bad guys locked up because I guess that is social injustice. But, don't get me wrong, I agree with you.

I would guess that depends on where you live and what party is in the majority of that state. Here things only got more lenient since the passage of our CCW program.

When it first started it was only good for when you're walking around and most businesses posted signs forbidding the carrying of a firearm in their establishment. Then they allowed us to carry in the car but the gun had to be holstered and in the glove box, gun box, or console. They got rid of that and then allowed us to carry a loaded gun un-holstered and placed anywhere in the car including the passenger seat. It just kept getting more liberal from there. That's how we got to constitutional carry and no requirement to alert a police officer if you're armed which is also something I'm against.
I'm looking at the process. The government controls each of those three steps. No thanks. We don't need classes and training to exercise our rights.

I addressed that several times already. That right has already had exceptions to it and always did. They banned so-called assault rifles. Some states have a maximum magazine size. We still don't allow felons to be in possession of a gun. Felons are Americans as well with constitutional rights. In some states it's still near impossible to get a CCW license due to costs and many hurdles.

I don't see having to prove you are safe with a gun in public is any different.
I'm personally against everyone of those infringements they ARE unconstitutional. And just one more chip taken out of the 2A. The authoritarian, Marxist, Left sound like junkies when it comes to infringements "Just one more"!
I say not one inch. Because the fact of the matter is that they will never ever stop. Ever...

Great, then let's take away all restrictions. Let the mentally impaired own guns. Let felons own guns. If it's constitutional rights you're so worried about, then let's go all the way. No restrictions of any kind.
Precisely. That is exactly what the founders intended. This whole Felon thing is relatively new in American law as it pertains to the 2A, and only came to the fore because pissed off Democrats got pissed that "uppity negros" dare keep and publicly bear arms on the steps of the California capitol. And they just couldn't have that. Any whites that get caught up in it? Acceptable collateral damage. Like when a dolphin gets dredged up in a tuna net.

Precisely. That is exactly what the founders intended. This whole Felon thing is relatively new in American law as it pertains to the 2A, and only came to the fore because pissed off Democrats got pissed that "uppity negros" dare keep and publicly bear arms on the steps of the California capitol. And they just couldn't have that. Any whites that get caught up in it? Acceptable collateral damage. Like when a dolphin gets dredged up in a tuna net.

I don't know about that. I'm 62 years old and felons were always banned from gun ownership or possession.

I don't know the history behind it, but I'm guessing they put that into place because felons were getting out of prison and committing crimes with guns.

I don't know about that. I'm 62 years old and felons were always banned from gun ownership or possession.

I don't know the history behind it, but I'm guessing they put that into place because felons were getting out of prison and committing crimes with guns.
Still do. So... Just another chip, and just one more hurdle. Just... One... More.

I'm personally against everyone of those infringements they ARE unconstitutional. And just one more chip taken out of the 2A. The authoritarian, Marxist, Left sound like junkies when it comes to infringements "Just one more"!
I say not one inch. Because the fact of the matter is that they will never ever stop. Ever...

Then I'll ask you like the others, you're okay with a murderer getting out of prison and being allowed to have a gun? What about the mentally retarded, people with anger problems, people who verbally threaten the life of another or others with a gun?

Then I'll ask you like the others, you're okay with a murderer getting out of prison and being allowed to have a gun? What about the mentally retarded, people with anger problems, people who verbally threaten the life of another or others with a gun?
Yes, and no. If the Government let them out of prison... Yes. If our justice system mimicked its name sake, a murderer would come out of prison in a box. But if he's been freed; he has the same need for a gun as anyone else. Life, family, property...
Same for retards. They are either deemed fit to be their own ward, and free. Or they aren't.

Those Democrat shitheads in Illinois are now trying to pass a filthy anti constitutional bill that would ban most semi auto firearms and most standard capacity magazines. In addition, some very ridiculous and oppressive Red Flag laws that will arbitrarily deprive Americans of their Constitutional rights.

Those stupid Democrat shitheads are so ignorant of the law and hate the Bill of Rights so much that they will blatantly pass oppressive laws in direct violation of the recent Bruen decision.

Democrats are the scum of this country.

So if a battered woman is in fear of her life from her boyfriend (husband) the court cannot rule he be restricted to purchasing a firearm? What about somebody that made threats to a local or federal official? Should we allow mentally retarded people with an IQ of a ten year old to be allowed to purchase and carry firearms if they are not institutionalized?
Not if he hasn't been convicted of a crime.

Red Flag laws are an end run around the Constitution.

And developmentally disabled people can be declared incompetent and basically treated as minors if a psychiatrist or psychologist evaluates them as such

Forum List

Back