Louisiana's outgoing anti-prison Democratic Governor John Bel Edwards pardons 56 inmates - including 40 MURDERERS

Nope.....the democrat party has been in xontrol of Chicago since 1931 with thosands of dead black men every year and they keep voting for demorats....dittos New Orleans, D.C., Baltimore, And all the other democrat cities
What are yer excuses for violence in Red ran cities and states?

From the info I have
posted in the past 90% of murder is committed by felons....Ill post it later remind me if I forget
I’m talking only about those who have been pardoned since pardoning usually involves a process that likely excludes many.

Louisiana's outgoing governor has pardoned 40 convicted murders in the final three months of his rule in a bid to end the state's unwelcome reputation as the most incarcerated in the nation.

John Bel Edwards, the only Democrat governor in the South, will leave office on January 8, after serving the maximum of two four-year terms.

The 57-year-old lawyer has made reducing Louisiana's prison population a priority.

This is why leftists can’t be allowed to hold office, they undermine civilization because standards upset them.

It’s important to remember. To a liberal these men didn’t do anything wrong.....Because liberals also want to do the things that these men did.

I bet within three years 25% of the convicted murderers kill again.
40 murderers

Well so much for the libs bait and switch promise of life without parole instead of the death penalty

I’m talking only about those who have been pardoned since pardoning usually involves a process that likely excludes many.

Here...

The Criminology of Firearms

The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

-------

The 1 % of the population accountable for 63 % of all violent crime convictions

The 1 % of the population accountable for 63 % of all violent crime convictions
===========

and more...

Gang Killers In Chicago Used Christmas Gatherings To Target Their Victims

Gang killers, knowing their targets would be home for Christmas, launched a bloody weekend of shootings in Chicago that left 11 dead and another 37 wounded.

"We now know that the majority of these shootings and homicides were targeted attacks by gangs against potential rivals who were at holiday gatherings. This was followed by several acts of retaliatory gun violence," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement Monday.

--------------
The violence primarily occurred in areas with historical gang conflicts on the South and West Side of Chicago."

And this is what we keep telling you anti gunners and you refuse to believe it....

"Ninety percent of those fatally wounded had gang affiliations, criminal histories and were pre-identified by the department's strategic subject algorithm as being a potential suspect or victim of gun violence," Guglielmi said.
====
=============

Louisiana's outgoing governor has pardoned 40 convicted murders in the final three months of his rule in a bid to end the state's unwelcome reputation as the most incarcerated in the nation.

John Bel Edwards, the only Democrat governor in the South, will leave office on January 8, after serving the maximum of two four-year terms.

The 57-year-old lawyer has made reducing Louisiana's prison population a priority.

This is why leftists can’t be allowed to hold office, they undermine civilization because standards upset them.

It’s important to remember. To a liberal these men didn’t do anything wrong.....Because liberals also want to do the things that these men did.

I bet within three years 25% of the convicted murderers kill again.
Someone should do a deep dive on his finances and see how much those pardons enriched him.

And more.....

Roy Exum: How We Stop The Bullets

David Kennedy, a renowned criminal justice professor and co-chair of the National Network for Safe Communities, believes that places like the 1500 block of East 50th Street where Deontrey was killed, or Central Avenue where two other Chattanoogans were shot around the same time, aren’t necessarily bad areas. Good people live in those areas, just as the overwhelming numbers of those who live in our inner city are decent and law-abiding citizens.

No, our new focus isn’t on neighborhoods like Alton Park or East Chattanooga but instead on “hot” places” and “hot” people. In an article entitled, “The Story Behind the Nation’s Falling Body Count,” Kennedy writes, “Research on hot spots shows violence to be concentrated in ‘micro’ places, rather than ‘dangerous neighborhoods,’ as the popular idea goes. Blocks, corners, and buildings representing just five or six percent of an entire city will drive half of its serious crime.”

The same is true about people. “We now know that homicide and gun violence are overwhelmingly concentrated among serious offenders operating in groups: gangs, drug crews, and the like representing under half of one percent of a city's population who commit half to three-quarters of all murders.”

Read it once more: “ … under half of one percent … commit half to three-quarters of all murders.”

It is vitally important for us to realize the recent “worst of the worst” roundup had very little to do with race, yet to the uninformed it clearly appeared that only blacks were targeted.

Try to forget that all were black and focus instead on the far greater fact – there is ample evidence that each is alleged to be a serious criminal.

Kennedy writes, “We also know some reliable predictors of risk: individuals who have a history of violence or a close connection with prior victims are far more likely to be involved in violence themselves.

Hot groups and people are so hot that when their offending is statistically abstracted, their neighborhoods cease to be dangerous. Their communities aren't dangerous; (these criminals) are.”

I thought Louisiana was a better state than one that lets the Governor executive remove the rulings of the Judicial branch of the state that keeps murderers off the streets. Did the Governor forget that he is required to follow the United States Constitution? That's strange, because I always thought of Louisiana as a good neighbor. 40 murderers, and some of them will cross the Sabine River and wind up in our state. They may not know it, but if they ever murder somebody over here they could get the chair, and not a rocking chair, either. That Governor just destroyed good neighbor tenets. Like we don't have enough trouble marching up the Rio Grande trying to prevent enemies of the state from planning a 9/11 on Texas soil. The Texas Rangers have enough to do keeping thousands of ethnic enemies at bay.
trump pardoned stone and promises to pardon his violent militias. doesn't that "remove the rulings of the judicial branch.
I thought Louisiana was a better state than one that lets the Governor executive remove the rulings of the Judicial branch of
sorry, but that is why the pardon power exists, to right wrongs perpetrated by a judicial system that we who live in louisiana know to be deeply flawed.

under code napoleon we are guilty until proven innocent, until 2 or 3 years ago a unanimous jury was not required for capital punishment. there is plenty of room for mistakes to occur.

But now they will become members of congress (as democrats) and call for more welfare.
democrats will probably not be elected in louisiana any time soon. edwards is a very conservative democrat who beat the extremely flawed republican vitter. he had no trouble with reelection because he has don a recognizably great job.

landry, who will be sworn in after new years is a radical religious fire eater who promises to out crazy texas if not florida itself.

and more...

Gang Killers In Chicago Used Christmas Gatherings To Target Their Victims

Gang killers, knowing their targets would be home for Christmas, launched a bloody weekend of shootings in Chicago that left 11 dead and another 37 wounded.

"We now know that the majority of these shootings and homicides were targeted attacks by gangs against potential rivals who were at holiday gatherings. This was followed by several acts of retaliatory gun violence," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement Monday.

--------------
The violence primarily occurred in areas with historical gang conflicts on the South and West Side of Chicago."

And this is what we keep telling you anti gunners and you refuse to believe it....

"Ninety percent of those fatally wounded had gang affiliations, criminal histories and were pre-identified by the department's strategic subject algorithm as being a potential suspect or victim of gun violence," Guglielmi said.
====
=============
I'm so sorry to hear the Windy City is having gang killings. My late husband, in addition to being the best man who ever lived one hundred percent as Christ taught, was born in and schooled in Chicago. He passed 7 years ago, but I love the people who influenced him who were also native Chicagoans. I'm putting the city first on my prayer list so the city's people can continue to give men the best of all things good. I'm still in awe of my late husband's good deeds, sense of humor, and his ability to make me laugh as well as several hundred company employees laugh so hard it sounded like a roar. My prayer is for the safety of the dear hearts and gentle people I met when he brought me to visit his extended family in wonderful Chicago.

trump pardoned stone and promises to pardon his violent militias. doesn't that "remove the rulings of the judicial branch.

sorry, but that is why the pardon power exists, to right wrongs perpetrated by a judicial system that we who live in louisiana know to be deeply flawed.

under code napoleon we are guilty until proven innocent, until 2 or 3 years ago a unanimous jury was not required for capital punishment. there is plenty of room for mistakes to occur.
Sorry, but Presidents of the United States have the written authority to pardon prisoners, whoever they may be. Roger Stone was his adviser. The Democrats began beating up on innocent staffers who served in the Executive Branch under President Trump. He likely prevented a human tragedy when he pardoned innocent people who were demonized by his enemies, so they could make President Trump look bad when he was so successful at making America great again.

Here is one of the uglier TDS creepsisters demanding her minions double down on stalking and humiliating the Trump Executive Branch employees:

That is Unconstitutional, and Maxine Waters lost half of her worshipers who knew stalking is also against the law.​

Forum List

Back