Louisiana's outgoing anti-prison Democratic Governor John Bel Edwards pardons 56 inmates - including 40 MURDERERS

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Louisiana's outgoing governor has pardoned 40 convicted murders in the final three months of his rule in a bid to end the state's unwelcome reputation as the most incarcerated in the nation.

John Bel Edwards, the only Democrat governor in the South, will leave office on January 8, after serving the maximum of two four-year terms.

The 57-year-old lawyer has made reducing Louisiana's prison population a priority.

This is why leftists can’t be allowed to hold office, they undermine civilization because standards upset them.

It’s important to remember. To a liberal these men didn’t do anything wrong.....Because liberals also want to do the things that these men did.

I bet within three years 25% of the convicted murderers kill again.

Last edited:

Louisiana's outgoing governor has pardoned 40 convicted murders in the final three months of his rule in a bid to end the state's unwelcome reputation as the most incarcerated in the nation.

John Bel Edwards, the only Democrat governor in the South, will leave office on January 8, after serving the maximum of two four-year terms.

The 57-year-old lawyer has made reducing Louisiana's prison population a priority.

This is why leftists can’t be allowed to hold office, they undermine civilization because standards upset them.

It’s important to remember. To a liberal these men didn’t do anything wrong.

Because liberals also want to do the things that these men did.

These folks should have been executed.

It’s important to remember. To a liberal these men didn’t do anything wrong.

Because liberals also want to do the things that these men did.

edwards has been the only governor in louisiana history without known scandal and corruption. we have been dealing with multiple natural disasters, the disastrous budgetary fallout of bobby jindal and well, in la edwards term limirs expire in 4 years. it is up to him if he wants to be senator (kennedy up in 2026) or encore as sucessful bipartisan governor.

no, i do not know much about these pardons, but murderers on long terms in angola can not afford the kind of pardons issued by trump to his white collar friends and nutty political allies. more seriously, i suspect that "the innocence project ," as usual, found that these guys were rail roaded.

Who was the Dim mayor of NOLA that moved up here to Dallas before the first raindrops of Katrina hit... and then went to prison... for 21 counts of bribery and money laundering.... oh yeah, Ray Nagin

One of my favs was the dumb mother fucker (D, La) that hid the $90K bribery money in his freezer... oops, 13 years in prison for you, boy.

democrats are subhuman shit... it doesn't really matter what state they're from...

The more liberals you have in government, the more dangerous and less freedom the place will have.
well in that case we are safe. there has not been much democratic presence in baton rouge for decades.

The irrational, anti-gun extremists blame normal gun owners for gun violence and murder ......normal gun owners do not ise their guns for crime or murder....

Thw 5% of criminals who do 99% of the gun murder are released deom prison by democrat judges, prosecutors and poloticians

This atrocity is by a democrat governor from Luisiana

Louisiana’s Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, has pardoned 40 convicted murderers as he nears the end of his term, according to multiple reports.

Edwards’ term ends on Jan. 8, 2024. In his final weeks in office, he has been working on helping his state lose the title of being the World’s Prison Capital, according to the New York Post. He will reportedly release a total of 56 convicts in “separate batches.”
------

a total of 40 convicted murderers were pardoned by Edwards. Released inmates have also been convicted of aggravated arson, possession of Schedule II narcotics, aggravated kidnapping, theft, first-degree robbery, perjury, and armed robbery.

Edwards began signing his pardons on Oct. 11. According to the Post, 11 of the 40 jailed murderers were convicted in the first degree, which is “those who killed a human being with the specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and engaged in the preparation of the crimes that led to the killing.”

No, this is not why we have gun murder.

Yea, it is.......democrat party policies that handicap local police, release violent crimjnals and now add importing violent criminals from Mexico

This is also why I support the death penalty...if this fuy was dead, he wouldnt be free...

Charles Nicholson, who was convicted of first-degree murder for stabbing a woman named Kelly Ann Gramm in August 1981. Gramm was reportedly discovered with 39 stab wounds across her body and had the broken tip of a knife in her skull. Nicholson was arrested when police found him in his vehicle with blood on his clothes and a cash register next to him. He also faced the death penalty, but was sentenced to life in prison, KTBS reported. The Post added that the Louisiana Department of Corrections lists Nicholson as “out of custody” as of Dec. 23 at 3:26 a.m.

I thought Louisiana was a better state than one that lets the Governor executive remove the rulings of the Judicial branch of the state that keeps murderers off the streets. Did the Governor forget that he is required to follow the United States Constitution? That's strange, because I always thought of Louisiana as a good neighbor. 40 murderers, and some of them will cross the Sabine River and wind up in our state. They may not know it, but if they ever murder somebody over here they could get the chair, and not a rocking chair, either. That Governor just destroyed good neighbor tenets. Like we don't have enough trouble marching up the Rio Grande trying to prevent enemies of the state from planning a 9/11 on Texas soil. The Texas Rangers have enough to do keeping thousands of ethnic enemies at bay.

Yea, it is.......democrat party policies that handicap local police, release violent crimjnals and now add importing violent criminals from Mexico
After a few law-abiding Democrats get murdered by released criminals who didn't do their time, their families and friends will defund the Democrat Party for their loss or losses. Releasing unrepentant criminals is not appreciated when reprobates segue their killing sprees.

After a few law-abiding Democrats get murdered by released criminals who didn't do their time, their families and friends will defund the Democrat Party for their loss or losses. Releasing unrepentant criminals is not appreciated when reprobates segue their killing sprees.

Nope.....the democrat party has been in xontrol of Chicago since 1931 with thosands of dead black men every year and they keep voting for demorats....dittos New Orleans, D.C., Baltimore, And all the other democrat cities

The irrational, anti-gun extremists blame normal gun owners for gun violence and murder ......normal gun owners do not ise their guns for crime or murder....

Thw 5% of criminals who do 99% of the gun murder are released deom prison by democrat judges, prosecutors and poloticians

This atrocity is by a democrat governor from Luisiana

Louisiana’s Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, has pardoned 40 convicted murderers as he nears the end of his term, according to multiple reports.

Edwards’ term ends on Jan. 8, 2024. In his final weeks in office, he has been working on helping his state lose the title of being the World’s Prison Capital, according to the New York Post. He will reportedly release a total of 56 convicts in “separate batches.”
------

a total of 40 convicted murderers were pardoned by Edwards. Released inmates have also been convicted of aggravated arson, possession of Schedule II narcotics, aggravated kidnapping, theft, first-degree robbery, perjury, and armed robbery.

Edwards began signing his pardons on Oct. 11. According to the Post, 11 of the 40 jailed murderers were convicted in the first degree, which is “those who killed a human being with the specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and engaged in the preparation of the crimes that led to the killing.”

What percentage of gun deaths are committed by pardoned felons?

While abolishing the death penalty and non-prosecution of criminals is a major contributor to increases in crime and murder, the main reason is very basic and simple.
Poor parenting.

What percentage of gun deaths are committed by pardoned felons?

From the info I have
posted in the past 90% of murder is committed by felons....Ill post it later remind me if I forget

Forum List

Back