Loudermilk series (netflix)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This is not bad, pretty decent actually.
Comedy/Drama... with more comedy than drama.
Clearly they made this series styled after Livingston's 'Office Space" character "Peter".
He is a lot like that character, only a bit more of a smartass.
We have watched 4 episodes now, and have enjoyed them all. And that is kinda rare.

I started it last evening and the next thing I know I was six episodes in!

You guys need to watch it, the show is great.

Allison is to die for.....In a MILF sorta way. ;)

loudermilk.allison.jpg

Loudermilk is worth watching if you are in the mood for light comedy with a good script a interesting characters. Episodes ARE only about 30 mins long so it doesn't dominate the evening.

Well that was absurd.
Season 3, Episode 4 went woke like a bat out of hell.
The entire episode is preaching to you about women's rights, gender sensitivity and accepting non binaryism.
Literally.
They present to you a complete lie, that a girl applies for a job and is offered 20% less because she is a female. That is entirely illegal and 100% never happens. Not even once. Not for decades.
It shells out inaccurate statistics, and presents how much of an asshole you are if you don't accept gender fluidity.

This was a stupid episode. Not funny, no storyline really, just a set up for them to preach to you.

One more like that, and I am done with it.

Well that was absurd.
The entire episode is preaching to you about women's rights, gender sensitivity and accepting non binaryism.
Literally.
They present to you a complete lie, that a girl applies for a job and is offered 20% less because she is a female. That is entirely illegal and 100% never happens. Not even once. Not for decades.
It shells out inaccurate statistics, and presents how much of an asshole you are if you don't accept gender fluidity.

This was a stupid episode. Not funny, no storyline really, just a set up for them to preach to you.

I enjoyed the series. The woke bullshit it interspersed didn’t really interfere too much.

I read some entertainment sites claiming that the actors are prepared to get back together to make more of the series. But, as a project, it’s all up in the air unless some advice buys to it a commits.

I enjoyed the series. The woke bullshit it interspersed didn’t really interfere too much.

I read some entertainment sites claiming that the actors are prepared to get back together to make more of the series. But, as a project, it’s all up in the air unless some advice buys to it a commits.
I really didn't notice any woke until the one, single aforementioned episode.
It was this one weird episode where the entire show was built around preaching about women's rights and non binary acceptance.

It was this one weird episode where the entire show was built around preaching about women's rights and non binary acceptance.
Yep. And I got past that immediately.

I was more concerned with that carcinoma looking thing on her face.

Well that was absurd.
Literally.

"They present to you a complete lie, that a girl applies for a job and is offered 20% less because she is a female. That is entirely illegal and 100% never happens. Not even once. Not for decades."

Your statement is so ridiculous I almost dismissed it. Just because there is a law does not mean there is 100% compliance. The fact is the EEOC which is responsible for investigating violations of the law, rarely do anything without a complaint being lodged and it is very rare for workers in small businesses to lodge complaints with the government, particular if those workers are immigrants, legal or illegal.

I judge sitcoms base on how funny they are and their character development. I could care less about Woke. There's a series on Prime called Deadlock which would certainly disgust many a far right conservative. It takes place in Tasmania in the small town of Deadlock. The men are being murdered faster than the Sheriff can investigate. Oh, yes, the main characters is a lesbian sheriff and her wife. It is a comedy/parody that skewers police procedurals, forensic scientists, small town life, arts festivals, food culture, straight life, alternative life...the list goes on. Some liberals will love it for the woke and many conservatives will hate it. However, what is lost in the silly woke argument is a very clever quirky comedy and mystery with significant plot twists and an ending that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back