Losing One's Life to Liberalism....

If anyone is interested in the costs of the new program, see page 5.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/governance/regulations/2011-06-17.pdf

2011 - Federal cost - $46 mil
2015 - Federal cost - $352 million

I'm assuming there are state costs as well.

I am the last person who wants to see hungry kids in school, and I think there should be nutritional guidelines for govt. food. But this is insane.

a huge part of the problem is that people have difficulty thinking in the large numbers required to support a national government so they think the above numbers are large. hey are, i guess, but not when looked at in comparison to other expenditures.

for example:

The Defense Department's funding in the CR is $513 billion, approximately $5 billion above [2010's] level. Another $158 billion is provided for overseas contingency operations (emergency funding). The war in Afghanistan is receiving $108 billion of that, while the war in Iraq is receiving $50 billion,

ttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/12/defense-spending-budget-bills-withdrawal-iraq-afghanistan_n_848105.html

so i guess it all depends on one's priorities.

now ask how much money we'd bring into the government if we just let bush's tax cuts sunset (as they should have years ago).

Last edited:

I am the last person who wants to see hungry kids in school, and I think there should be nutritional guidelines for govt. food. But this is insane.

My, my.

Not only have you misrepresented the costs of the program by billions of dollars, you misrepresented your misrepresentation. The number that you cited should have been $362 million.

The costs of the NSLP is WAY more than that. But it doesn't matter. Addressing the reason we need the fucking thing would be more productive than whining about the fact that it exists.

"Helicopter Moms" hover over their little ones….they cling, cloy….smother.
Some of the kids get to the point where they scream ‘geeezz…I can do it myself! Just let me live my life, will ya???”

It’s not healthy for a person- or a nation- to be infantilized.

Now, you’re an adult…and some stranger opens the door for you…OK, ‘thanks.’ But when that becomes every day, and they insist on sweeping the path to your car as well…shouldn’t you start to as ask yourself ‘What the heck does this person want from me?”

They want to make you happy…according to their definition…your whole life. That’s Liberalism.
And it starts at breakfast with your children…..

1. We start ‘em young in dependency.. at the breakfast table! Principals responsible for increasing the numbers in the school breakfast program!!! Teach dependency, right up there with reading, math, discipline, and graduation rates.

a. “In a locally unprecedented move, the School District of Philadelphia will hold principals accountable for the number of students eating breakfast in their schools. Breakfast participation will be part of the report card that rates principals each year, along with categories such as attendance and math and reading performance.” In city schools, breakfast's now on the principal The head of each school will be held responsible for ensuring that students are well-fed. - Philly.com

2. School breakfast is now a universal freebie….regardless of need or family income!

a. “In Pueblo, school officials take a counterintuitive approach: They offer free breakfast to all children regardless of income, so no one is embarrassed to be eating it. In most schools here, breakfast is served right in the classrooms. …Feeding free breakfast to students who can afford to pay avoids the stigma for students who can't but don't want everyone to know. Serving breakfast in class means kids don't have to get there early to be fed, Kidd and other school nutrition directors say. Bus schedules, parents' work schedules, and, for high school students, the desire to sleep as late as possible make getting to school early for breakfast difficult.” Breakfast in class: Fight against kids' hunger starts at school - USATODAY.com

b. Did you get the part about not worrying about being late?

c. The winner in the food lottery is New Mexico, where some 63% of students eat two meals a day in school.

3. But, what about the ‘epidemic of obesity?? Doesn’t the evidence suggest that the problem is hardly a lack of food? No problem for the well-intentioned Liberal-lobby! Just invent a new pathology, a new euphemism! While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

• "In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). "Hunger in America: 2012 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

4. “In an effort to increase the number of schools with a School Breakfast Program the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), the University of Wisconsin-Cooperative Extension, and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board have issued the Wisconsin School Breakfast Challenge. The challenge is to encourage all public and private schools to implement a SBP if they currently do not offer one and to increase school breakfast participation by 50 percent in existing school breakfast buildings.”

a. Mequon-Thiensville School District was the affluent Milwaukee suburb named winner for increasing in-school breakfast participation by 110% over the 2007-2008 school year. This community had a median family income of more than $107,000. The mean value of houses in which said children do not partake of breakfast was $471,353. Sykes, “Nation of Moochers,” p. 80.

5. Based on the above, I look forward to the argument put forth by professional Liberalism, geared toward supporting the idea that the implementation of unnecessary programs is anything but an attempt to grow government.

a. The avalanche of transfer payments are accepted by the public only if they are trained to accept what William Voegeli calls ‘non-Euclidean economics,” in which taxpayers are led to believe that all the goodies are paid for by someone else….the welfare state manages the perceptions of its cost s and benefits to encourage them to believe an impossibility: that every household can be a net importer of the wealth redistribution by the government.”
William Voegeli, “Never Enough, America’s Limitless Welfare State,” p. 7.

Self-reliance?

Independence?

Stand on your own two feet?

Sure...right after we run to get the 'free' breakfast.

You nailed it. If you have a wonderful, caring, loving government, do we really need parents?

I am thy government, give me your initiative, desire, and life energy and I will make sure you never feel the sting of failure or the thrill of success.

I called our Education System a form on Intellectual Pedophilia and I stand by that

Wow, conservatives are so compassionate towards poor people.
Yes we are.

How much of your personal time last week did you spend working for free in the behalf of poor people?

Less than 15 minutes?

One hour?

10% of your free time?

Six hours?

7-15 hours?

15-40 hours?

None?

Every conservative knows the answer to that right off the bat. Incidentally, whining online about people your team wants to crush and constant berating and scolding benefactors of the poor is not considered working in the behalf of the poor for nothing. It's called biting the hand that feeds and shelters poor people.

Do such ignominious speaking behaviors at your own risk, dear.

Your needed a spanking, didn't you.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Now shut the fuck up, you jackass.

Federal income tax as alms?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Now shut <Freudian stage 2 insult omitted> up, <Freudian stage 1 insult omitted>.
Your specious patronization will not abridge my free speech, sir.

Neither freedom of speech, nor loquaciousness, will ever suffice to justify stupidity or bad argumentation.

As I used to say to posters like PC,

if you're going to be wrong, at least be brief.

Yes, I've come to realize you and pc are pretty insane.

You can leave off the last word in the sentence, if you like.....

We thank you.

Some of the kids get to the point where they scream ‘geeezz…I can do it myself! Just let me live my life, will ya???”

Now, you’re an adult…and some stranger opens the door for you…OK, ‘thanks.’ But when that becomes every day, and they insist on sweeping the path to your car as well…shouldn’t you start to as ask yourself ‘What the heck does this person want from me?”

They want to make you happy…according to their definition…your whole life. That’s Liberalism.

1. We start ‘em young in dependency.. at the breakfast table! Principals responsible for increasing the numbers in the school breakfast program!!! Teach dependency, right up there with reading, math, discipline, and graduation rates.

a. “In a locally unprecedented move, the School District of Philadelphia will hold principals accountable for the number of students eating breakfast in their schools. Breakfast participation will be part of the report card that rates principals each year, along with categories such as attendance and math and reading performance.” In city schools, breakfast's now on the principal The head of each school will be held responsible for ensuring that students are well-fed. - Philly.com

2. School breakfast is now a universal freebie….regardless of need or family income!

a. “In Pueblo, school officials take a counterintuitive approach: They offer free breakfast to all children regardless of income, so no one is embarrassed to be eating it. In most schools here, breakfast is served right in the classrooms. …Feeding free breakfast to students who can afford to pay avoids the stigma for students who can't but don't want everyone to know. Serving breakfast in class means kids don't have to get there early to be fed, Kidd and other school nutrition directors say. Bus schedules, parents' work schedules, and, for high school students, the desire to sleep as late as possible make getting to school early for breakfast difficult.” Breakfast in class: Fight against kids' hunger starts at school - USATODAY.com

c. The winner in the food lottery is New Mexico, where some 63% of students eat two meals a day in school.

3. But, what about the ‘epidemic of obesity?? Doesn’t the evidence suggest that the problem is hardly a lack of food? No problem for the well-intentioned Liberal-lobby! Just invent a new pathology, a new euphemism! While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

• "In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). "Hunger in America: 2012 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

4. “In an effort to increase the number of schools with a School Breakfast Program the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), the University of Wisconsin-Cooperative Extension, and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board have issued the Wisconsin School Breakfast Challenge. The challenge is to encourage all public and private schools to implement a SBP if they currently do not offer one and to increase school breakfast participation by 50 percent in existing school breakfast buildings.”

a. Mequon-Thiensville School District was the affluent Milwaukee suburb named winner for increasing in-school breakfast participation by 110% over the 2007-2008 school year. This community had a median family income of more than $107,000. The mean value of houses in which said children do not partake of breakfast was $471,353. Sykes, “Nation of Moochers,” p. 80.

5. Based on the above, I look forward to the argument put forth by professional Liberalism, geared toward supporting the idea that the implementation of unnecessary programs is anything but an attempt to grow government.

a. The avalanche of transfer payments are accepted by the public only if they are trained to accept what William Voegeli calls ‘non-Euclidean economics,” in which taxpayers are led to believe that all the goodies are paid for by someone else….the welfare state manages the perceptions of its cost s and benefits to encourage them to believe an impossibility: that every household can be a net importer of the wealth redistribution by the government.”

Self-reliance?

Independence?

Yeah, these lazy little 5 year olds had better stop expecting breakfast, asshole.

Do you have an objection to preparing your own five-year-old's breakfast?

Yeah, these lazy little 5 year olds had better stop expecting breakfast, asshole.

better get them to work as janitors... quick!

Oh that's right, Newt's the one who came up with that big idea. Punish those little bastards for being born into poverty.

It is frequently revealing as to the worthlessness of a post when the poster has to pretend, and insert data that is not evident in the OP.

The OP makes clear that income of the family is not a consideration in Liberal give-aways.

So...'poverty'?
Only in what passes for you 'mind.'

I have yet to meet even one person who is a self made person.

Holy crap, are you serious?

What is your definition of "self made"?

Good post.
Good question.

This is the quality in question: persistence.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
Calvin Coolidge.

Now, when our Liberal friends come up with a program that injects 'persistence' into one's character, we may find a point of agreement.

It's a child for Christ sakes...

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast.

That is neither my problem nor the taxpayers'.

I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

That's what we have charitable organizations for. The government meddling and replacing the role of the parent only results in further parental neglect. A basic premise of economics is when you subsidize something, you get more of it.

By that logic, public school should be abolished.

On January 6, 1657 twenty-eight “Scottish men” signed the Laws Rules and Order of the Poor Boxes Society” in Boston, New England and formed the Scots’ Charitable Society. The founder stated that “…our benevolence is for the releefe of our selves being Scottishmen or for any of the Scottish nation whome we may see cause to helpe…”[1] Almost 350 years later this dedication to benevolent acts continues to guide the work of the Scots’ Charitable Society.
In 1841, when the members of the Society marched in the Boston funeral procession in honor of President Harrison, the Society was recognized as the oldest charitable society in the United States. Among the Boston organizations that marched only the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, founded in 1638, was older. The next oldest Boston society was the Irish Charitable Society which was founded in 1737. [2] Today the Society remains the oldest charitable organization in the United States.
Scots' Charitable Society of Boston

The first public school in America was established by Puritan settlers in 1635 in the home of Schoolmaster Philemon Pormont and was later moved to School Street. Boys from various socio-economic backgrounds attended Boston Latin School until 1972 when girls were also accepted.
First Public School Site and Ben Franklin Statue | City of Boston

How about we combine 'em through the use of vouchers....
Let parents decide which schools get the funds.

Self-reliance?

Independence?

It's the parents job to feed their children, that's not a properly role for the State in a free society

Poor kids get a healthy breakfast.

Since you care so much how about you pay for it then? Oh that's right, I forgot, you folks are only charitable when someone else is footing the bill.

Last I checked it was the school's responsibility to educate, not parent. I feed my kid. There is no reason why other parents shouldn't be feeding theirs. The increased nannying by the government schools encourages continued parental neglect.

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast. I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

Right, it's just plain ole' mean to place expectations and responsibilities on anyone!!!! How dare we? What happens when everyone decides they don't need to be responsibile anymore and the well dries up? Your whole strategy lies in the majority being responsible and doing the right thing, i.e. working and paying taxes. Why is it that you have those expectations for one group, but the other group gets off scott free? Some people really need to read Atlas Shrugged, but then again. even if you did, you'd still never 'get it'.

Since you care so much how about you pay for it then? Oh that's right, I forgot, you folks are only charitable when someone else is footing the bill.

Last I checked it was the school's responsibility to educate, not parent. I feed my kid. There is no reason why other parents shouldn't be feeding theirs. The increased nannying by the government schools encourages continued parental neglect.

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast. I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

Right, it's just plain ole' mean to place expectations and responsibilities on anyone!!!! How dare we? What happens when everyone decides they don't need to be responsibile anymore and the well dries up? Your whole strategy lies in the majority being responsible and doing the right thing, i.e. working and paying taxes. Why is it that you have those expectations for one group, but the other group gets off scott free? Some people really need to read Atlas Shrugged, but then again. even if you did, you'd still never 'get it'.

Atlas Shrugged??

:lol:

That is neither my problem nor the taxpayers'.

That's what we have charitable organizations for. The government meddling and replacing the role of the parent only results in further parental neglect. A basic premise of economics is when you subsidize something, you get more of it.

By that logic, public school should be abolished.

On January 6, 1657 twenty-eight “Scottish men” signed the Laws Rules and Order of the Poor Boxes Society” in Boston, New England and formed the Scots’ Charitable Society. The founder stated that “…our benevolence is for the releefe of our selves being Scottishmen or for any of the Scottish nation whome we may see cause to helpe…”[1] Almost 350 years later this dedication to benevolent acts continues to guide the work of the Scots’ Charitable Society.
In 1841, when the members of the Society marched in the Boston funeral procession in honor of President Harrison, the Society was recognized as the oldest charitable society in the United States. Among the Boston organizations that marched only the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, founded in 1638, was older. The next oldest Boston society was the Irish Charitable Society which was founded in 1737. [2] Today the Society remains the oldest charitable organization in the United States.
Scots' Charitable Society of Boston

The first public school in America was established by Puritan settlers in 1635 in the home of Schoolmaster Philemon Pormont and was later moved to School Street. Boys from various socio-economic backgrounds attended Boston Latin School until 1972 when girls were also accepted.
First Public School Site and Ben Franklin Statue | City of Boston

How about we combine 'em through the use of vouchers....
Let parents decide which schools get the funds.

Why can't I just use vouchers to get the police and fire protection I deserve?

Why can't I just use a voucher to get the street in front of my house fixed?

Forum List

Back