Losing One's Life to Liberalism....

"Helicopter Moms" hover over their little ones….they cling, cloy….smother.
Some of the kids get to the point where they scream ‘geeezz…I can do it myself! Just let me live my life, will ya???”

It’s not healthy for a person- or a nation- to be infantilized.

Now, you’re an adult…and some stranger opens the door for you…OK, ‘thanks.’ But when that becomes every day, and they insist on sweeping the path to your car as well…shouldn’t you start to as ask yourself ‘What the heck does this person want from me?”

They want to make you happy…according to their definition…your whole life. That’s Liberalism.
And it starts at breakfast with your children…..

1. We start ‘em young in dependency.. at the breakfast table! Principals responsible for increasing the numbers in the school breakfast program!!! Teach dependency, right up there with reading, math, discipline, and graduation rates.

a. “In a locally unprecedented move, the School District of Philadelphia will hold principals accountable for the number of students eating breakfast in their schools. Breakfast participation will be part of the report card that rates principals each year, along with categories such as attendance and math and reading performance.” In city schools, breakfast's now on the principal The head of each school will be held responsible for ensuring that students are well-fed. - Philly.com

2. School breakfast is now a universal freebie….regardless of need or family income!

a. “In Pueblo, school officials take a counterintuitive approach: They offer free breakfast to all children regardless of income, so no one is embarrassed to be eating it. In most schools here, breakfast is served right in the classrooms. …Feeding free breakfast to students who can afford to pay avoids the stigma for students who can't but don't want everyone to know. Serving breakfast in class means kids don't have to get there early to be fed, Kidd and other school nutrition directors say. Bus schedules, parents' work schedules, and, for high school students, the desire to sleep as late as possible make getting to school early for breakfast difficult.” Breakfast in class: Fight against kids' hunger starts at school - USATODAY.com

b. Did you get the part about not worrying about being late?

c. The winner in the food lottery is New Mexico, where some 63% of students eat two meals a day in school.

3. But, what about the ‘epidemic of obesity?? Doesn’t the evidence suggest that the problem is hardly a lack of food? No problem for the well-intentioned Liberal-lobby! Just invent a new pathology, a new euphemism! While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

• "In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). "Hunger in America: 2012 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

4. “In an effort to increase the number of schools with a School Breakfast Program the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), the University of Wisconsin-Cooperative Extension, and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board have issued the Wisconsin School Breakfast Challenge. The challenge is to encourage all public and private schools to implement a SBP if they currently do not offer one and to increase school breakfast participation by 50 percent in existing school breakfast buildings.”

a. Mequon-Thiensville School District was the affluent Milwaukee suburb named winner for increasing in-school breakfast participation by 110% over the 2007-2008 school year. This community had a median family income of more than $107,000. The mean value of houses in which said children do not partake of breakfast was $471,353. Sykes, “Nation of Moochers,” p. 80.

5. Based on the above, I look forward to the argument put forth by professional Liberalism, geared toward supporting the idea that the implementation of unnecessary programs is anything but an attempt to grow government.

a. The avalanche of transfer payments are accepted by the public only if they are trained to accept what William Voegeli calls ‘non-Euclidean economics,” in which taxpayers are led to believe that all the goodies are paid for by someone else….the welfare state manages the perceptions of its cost s and benefits to encourage them to believe an impossibility: that every household can be a net importer of the wealth redistribution by the government.”
William Voegeli, “Never Enough, America’s Limitless Welfare State,” p. 7.

Self-reliance?

Independence?

Stand on your own two feet?

Sure...right after we run to get the 'free' breakfast.

Poor kids get a healthy breakfast.

Time to declare rightwing Armegedden

When I attended grade school in my war torn, devastated and poverty stricken old country, my parents did NOT rely on government provided free lunch for me, but packed the lunch that they could afford to the best of their ability.

Any parent that relies on the government/school board/tax payer/someone else to provide food for his/her kid is, by definition and by common sense and by decency is born free-loader who plans to raise his/her kid to be the same.

Free breakfast/lunch should be a state funded program. The state is aware of the needs of it's less fortunate. Just another Federally funded program so they can regulate and control everyone. The more money a state takes from the feds, the more obligated they become.

Besides, I'll take a leap of faith here and say the states could certainly find a more affordable route than the Feds. Childhood obesity is huge, and while I realize some kids don't get the nutrition they need, it's not a Federal responsibility!!

In America there is no such thing as "less fortunate" only less productive, less ambitious, less creative, less willing, less educated, but more envious, more greedy, more capricious, more bent on being a life-long free-loader.

Anyone who thinks that the federal or state or local government should be responsible for feeding his/her kids - even for one meal a day - should not ever have or have had kids in the first place.

Last edited:
Self-reliance?

Independence?

Conservatives: only willing to look out for the welfare of children from conception to birth. After that, who gives a shit?

First of all, parents who look after they children, don't "give a shit", they CARE!

Shit is more appropriately associated with liberal women, who don't give shit about morality and decency, screw around, get knocked up and then go and don't give a shit about the life growing in their belly, and then they go and get an abortion at taxpayers expense, so they can go and do it again.

Liberals only give a shit from erection to eradication.

Wow, conservatives are so compassionate towards poor people.
Yes we are.

How much of your personal time last week did you spend working for free in the behalf of poor people?

Less than 15 minutes?

One hour?

10% of your free time?

Six hours?

7-15 hours?

15-40 hours?

None?

Every conservative knows the answer to that right off the bat. Incidentally, whining online about people your team wants to crush and constant berating and scolding benefactors of the poor is not considered working in the behalf of the poor for nothing. It's called biting the hand that feeds and shelters poor people.

Do such ignominious speaking behaviors at your own risk, dear.

Your needed a spanking, didn't you.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Now shut <Freudian stage 2 insult omitted> up, <Freudian stage 1 insult omitted>.
Your specious patronization will not abridge my free speech, sir.

I would not dignify the poster whose avatar developed in adulthood into either President Obama or Eugine Robinson, for his/her post #36, above, by quoting him/her.

Suffice it to say that his/her one sentence crude and rude and offensive post is typical of his ilk, when they have nothing to stand on.

Some of the kids get to the point where they scream ‘geeezz…I can do it myself! Just let me live my life, will ya???”

Now, you’re an adult…and some stranger opens the door for you…OK, ‘thanks.’ But when that becomes every day, and they insist on sweeping the path to your car as well…shouldn’t you start to as ask yourself ‘What the heck does this person want from me?”

They want to make you happy…according to their definition…your whole life. That’s Liberalism.

1. We start ‘em young in dependency.. at the breakfast table! Principals responsible for increasing the numbers in the school breakfast program!!! Teach dependency, right up there with reading, math, discipline, and graduation rates.

a. “In a locally unprecedented move, the School District of Philadelphia will hold principals accountable for the number of students eating breakfast in their schools. Breakfast participation will be part of the report card that rates principals each year, along with categories such as attendance and math and reading performance.” In city schools, breakfast's now on the principal The head of each school will be held responsible for ensuring that students are well-fed. - Philly.com

2. School breakfast is now a universal freebie….regardless of need or family income!

a. “In Pueblo, school officials take a counterintuitive approach: They offer free breakfast to all children regardless of income, so no one is embarrassed to be eating it. In most schools here, breakfast is served right in the classrooms. …Feeding free breakfast to students who can afford to pay avoids the stigma for students who can't but don't want everyone to know. Serving breakfast in class means kids don't have to get there early to be fed, Kidd and other school nutrition directors say. Bus schedules, parents' work schedules, and, for high school students, the desire to sleep as late as possible make getting to school early for breakfast difficult.” Breakfast in class: Fight against kids' hunger starts at school - USATODAY.com

c. The winner in the food lottery is New Mexico, where some 63% of students eat two meals a day in school.

3. But, what about the ‘epidemic of obesity?? Doesn’t the evidence suggest that the problem is hardly a lack of food? No problem for the well-intentioned Liberal-lobby! Just invent a new pathology, a new euphemism! While the kids may not be hungry, or undernourished, they are ….ready? ….”food insecure!”

• "In 2010, children were food insecure at times during the year in 9.8 percent of households with children (3.9 million households.) In one percent of households with children,one or more of the children experienced the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA, very low food security, in which meals were irregular and food intake was below levels considered adequate by caregivers (Coleman-Jensen 2011, p. vi). "Hunger in America: 2012 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts

4. “In an effort to increase the number of schools with a School Breakfast Program the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), the University of Wisconsin-Cooperative Extension, and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board have issued the Wisconsin School Breakfast Challenge. The challenge is to encourage all public and private schools to implement a SBP if they currently do not offer one and to increase school breakfast participation by 50 percent in existing school breakfast buildings.”

a. Mequon-Thiensville School District was the affluent Milwaukee suburb named winner for increasing in-school breakfast participation by 110% over the 2007-2008 school year. This community had a median family income of more than $107,000. The mean value of houses in which said children do not partake of breakfast was $471,353. Sykes, “Nation of Moochers,” p. 80.

5. Based on the above, I look forward to the argument put forth by professional Liberalism, geared toward supporting the idea that the implementation of unnecessary programs is anything but an attempt to grow government.

a. The avalanche of transfer payments are accepted by the public only if they are trained to accept what William Voegeli calls ‘non-Euclidean economics,” in which taxpayers are led to believe that all the goodies are paid for by someone else….the welfare state manages the perceptions of its cost s and benefits to encourage them to believe an impossibility: that every household can be a net importer of the wealth redistribution by the government.”

Self-reliance?

Independence?

PC, do you take the mortgage deduction? Maybe count the rug rats as a tax deduction? EITC, perhaps?

I think you should lead by example and dispense with your government handouts before you start throwing stones.

Since you're changing the subject, I guess that I win the argument on the school food freebie...huh?

Here's a novel idea for Liberals...

...how about sticking to Article I, section 8, and have the federal government only use the powers granted therein.

So....wadda' ya' think about that?

Since you earlier said you support a means tested school meal program, you must believe that it's constitutional.

Since you care so much how about you pay for it then? Oh that's right, I forgot, you folks are only charitable when someone else is footing the bill.

Last I checked it was the school's responsibility to educate, not parent. I feed my kid. There is no reason why other parents shouldn't be feeding theirs. The increased nannying by the government schools encourages continued parental neglect.

It's a child for Christ sakes...

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast.

That is neither my problem nor the taxpayers'.

I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

That's what we have charitable organizations for. The government meddling and replacing the role of the parent only results in further parental neglect. A basic premise of economics is when you subsidize something, you get more of it.

Since you care so much how about you pay for it then? Oh that's right, I forgot, you folks are only charitable when someone else is footing the bill.

Last I checked it was the school's responsibility to educate, not parent. I feed my kid. There is no reason why other parents shouldn't be feeding theirs. The increased nannying by the government schools encourages continued parental neglect.

It's a child for Christ sakes...

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast.

That is neither my problem nor the taxpayers'.

I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

That's what we have charitable organizations for. The government meddling and replacing the role of the parent only results in further parental neglect. A basic premise of economics is when you subsidize something, you get more of it.

By that logic, public school should be abolished.

PC, do you take the mortgage deduction? Maybe count the rug rats as a tax deduction? EITC, perhaps?

I think you should lead by example and dispense with your government handouts before you start throwing stones.

Since you're changing the subject, I guess that I win the argument on the school food freebie...huh?

Here's a novel idea for Liberals...

...how about sticking to Article I, section 8, and have the federal government only use the powers granted therein.

So....wadda' ya' think about that?

Since you earlier said you support a means tested school meal program, you must believe that it's constitutional.

I actually like the logic in this post!

This must be your annual smart day.

Here is my logic....

I am going to go with the tenth amendment, and if the people and government of one of the 'laboratories of democracy' support such a program, I would hope it would be means tested.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

In reality, liberalism has seeped into the body politic, a kind of philosophical 'fracking,' to the extent that it would be nothing short of a miracle to have all of the liberal give-aways disappear into fat air.

Oops....guess I left you in the dust on that one....here:
"Laboratories of democracy is a concept that defines the system of federalism within the United States. This concept explains how within the federal framework, there exists a system of filtration of governments. Within this filtration, state and local governments act as “laboratories,” where law is created and enacted from the lowest level of the democratic system, up to the top level."
Laboratories of democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes we are.

How much of your personal time last week did you spend working for free in the behalf of poor people?

Less than 15 minutes?

One hour?

10% of your free time?

Six hours?

7-15 hours?

15-40 hours?

None?

Every conservative knows the answer to that right off the bat. Incidentally, whining online about people your team wants to crush and constant berating and scolding benefactors of the poor is not considered working in the behalf of the poor for nothing. It's called biting the hand that feeds and shelters poor people.

Do such ignominious speaking behaviors at your own risk, dear.

Your needed a spanking, didn't you.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Now shut <Freudian stage 2 insult omitted> up, <Freudian stage 1 insult omitted>.
Your specious patronization will not abridge my free speech, sir.

Neither freedom of speech, nor loquaciousness, will ever suffice to justify stupidity or bad argumentation.

I would not dignify the poster whose avatar developed in adulthood into either President Obama or Eugine Robinson

In other words, you would rather base arguments on an internet avatar than deal with the issues on their merits. Gotcha.

Suffice it to say that his/her one sentence crude and rude and offensive post is typical of his ilk, when they have nothing to stand on.

So, quoting scripture is offensive now? LOL, okay. Quite interesting, though, you claim to be able to define me and identify "my ilk" based on a single sentence. My goodness, you must be an absolute genius. Godly, even. :lol: :cuckoo:

I am going to go with the tenth amendment, and if the people and government of one of the 'laboratories of democracy' support such a program, I would hope it would be means tested.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Oh, for the love of Pallas Athena, you're really turning this into a tenther argument? Regulating school lunch is NOT an original power of the states. :lol:

Oh, for the love of Pallas Athena, you're really turning this into a tenther argument? Regulating school lunch is NOT an original power of the states. :lol:

Was post #48 too much for you?
You seem to have avoided it....

Did you find 'school lunch program' or even 'education' in Article I, section 8?
Did you understand the clear language of the tenth amendment?
The people are the final determination of what the states can do.

I have yet to meet even one person who is a self made person.

I read a lot of self agrandizing nonsense from people claiming to be, of course.

But a quick survey of their lives shows they to be people who depended on the good will of others to survive and thrive.

Self-reliance?

Independence?

Yeah, these lazy little 5 year olds had better stop expecting breakfast, asshole.

If anyone is interested in the costs of the new program, see page 5.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/governance/regulations/2011-06-17.pdf

2011 - Federal cost - $46 mil
2015 - Federal cost - $352 million

I'm assuming there are state costs as well.

I am the last person who wants to see hungry kids in school, and I think there should be nutritional guidelines for govt. food. But this is insane.

Yes, I've come to realize you and pc are pretty insane.

Forum List

Back