Losing One's Life to Liberalism....

By that logic, public school should be abolished.

On January 6, 1657 twenty-eight “Scottish men” signed the Laws Rules and Order of the Poor Boxes Society” in Boston, New England and formed the Scots’ Charitable Society. The founder stated that “…our benevolence is for the releefe of our selves being Scottishmen or for any of the Scottish nation whome we may see cause to helpe…”[1] Almost 350 years later this dedication to benevolent acts continues to guide the work of the Scots’ Charitable Society.
In 1841, when the members of the Society marched in the Boston funeral procession in honor of President Harrison, the Society was recognized as the oldest charitable society in the United States. Among the Boston organizations that marched only the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, founded in 1638, was older. The next oldest Boston society was the Irish Charitable Society which was founded in 1737. [2] Today the Society remains the oldest charitable organization in the United States.
Scots' Charitable Society of Boston

The first public school in America was established by Puritan settlers in 1635 in the home of Schoolmaster Philemon Pormont and was later moved to School Street. Boys from various socio-economic backgrounds attended Boston Latin School until 1972 when girls were also accepted.
First Public School Site and Ben Franklin Statue | City of Boston

How about we combine 'em through the use of vouchers....
Let parents decide which schools get the funds.

Why can't I just use vouchers to get the police and fire protection I deserve?

Why can't I just use a voucher to get the street in front of my house fixed?

See...that's why you need to continue coming here!

Education one doesn't find in the sewers:

Definition of NON SEQUITUR

1 statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

What better indication could there be that you could have benefited from an education voucher!

It's never too late!

It's a child for Christ sakes...

The kids parents are either unable or unwilling to provide a proper breakfast. I am glad that you do such an admirable job in feeding your own children. But to take a stand that I take care of mine, screw the rest is callous

Right, it's just plain ole' mean to place expectations and responsibilities on anyone!!!! How dare we? What happens when everyone decides they don't need to be responsibile anymore and the well dries up? Your whole strategy lies in the majority being responsible and doing the right thing, i.e. working and paying taxes. Why is it that you have those expectations for one group, but the other group gets off scott free? Some people really need to read Atlas Shrugged, but then again. even if you did, you'd still never 'get it'.

Atlas Shrugged??

:lol:

Yes, I understand your humor, definitely way beyond your capacity for intellect.

Forum List

Back