Losing 200,000 jobs is OK?

Don't get me wrong...If we were invaded I would fight with the guns I have. I'm just saying that if we were to face the MILITARY of a foreign country, we wouldn't stand a chance....(OUR MILITARY MIGHT) But what are civilians with typical guns going to do against this...(And yes I know that's one of our planes)
a10napalm.jpg

This civilian can hit man size targets out to 600 yards with iron sites. No problemo :cool:

I know I can do farther. Just haven't found a range yet that goes out to 1000 yards

I'm not denying what civilians can do. I've got a safe full of guns and have been shooting my entire life.

Don't get me wrong...If we were invaded I would fight with the guns I have. I'm just saying that if we were to face the MILITARY of a foreign country, we wouldn't stand a chance....(OUR MILITARY MIGHT) But what are civilians with typical guns going to do against this...(And yes I know that's one of our planes)
a10napalm.jpg

This civilian can hit man size targets out to 600 yards with iron sites. No problemo :cool:

I know I can do farther. Just haven't found a range yet that goes out to 1000 yards

I would like one of those 50 Cal. sniper rifles they are using in the ME. I shot a gook out of a tree with a Browning 50 cal on my track, at about a mile on my second round with field glasses. Actually, I hit the branch above him, that crashed down and knocked him to the ground. Didn't hurt him, but I suspected he might be spotting for a night of mortaring on us. I think he got the message, because we had a silent night.

Ohh I love to hear the tough gun nutz rant.

Lets all sing Yankee Doodle Dandy and hold hands.

I really think it would be impossible for any force to invade us is the point here. If your family was in jeaprody of being killed, you would be singing the loudest. LOL!:lol:

I see your cat signed up for the choir!! LMAO!!

images

Last edited:
a10napalm.jpg

I would like one of those 50 Cal. sniper rifles they are using in the ME. I shot a gook out of a tree with a Browning 50 cal on my track, at about a mile on my second round with field glasses. Actually, I hit the branch above him, that crashed down and knocked him to the ground. Didn't hurt him, but I suspected he might be spotting for a night of mortaring on us. I think he got the message, because we had a silent night.

You ever see the video of the guy shooting the .50 cal at the steel plate and it ricochets back at him and knocks his headphones off of his head?

You ever see the video of the guy shooting the .50 cal at the steel plate and it ricochets back at him and knocks his headphones off of his head?

No, I haven't, but he was certainly lucky. I have been in firefights at night with tracer rounds, and bullets bouncing off of trees & vines, every which way. The Jolly Green Giant chopper made an impressive fire show from the air with tracers.

No, I haven't, but he was certainly lucky. I have been in firefights at night with tracer rounds, and bullets bouncing off of trees & vines, every which way. The Jolly Green Giant chopper made an impressive fire show from the air with tracers.

I couldn't imagine. I tried to join the Army in the winter of 2002-2003. I dropped out of college and tried to join a tank unit. Passed all the preliminary testing but the docs at MEPS saw my scars from two lung surgeries I had during my senior year. He disqualified me because of my surgeries. I wanted to serve my country, but I guess God had other plans. We went into Iraq in March of 2003, so I guess I got a little lucky.

Go to youtube and look up the .50 caliber ricochet. It's a crazy video. Probably not as crazy as some of the stuff you've seen, but interesting to say the least.

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

The dickheads running government caused a drought in Mexico (food), turmoil in the middle east (gas) and a spike in cotton prices (clothes)?

I am referring to inflation caused by the printing of a fiat currency to make up for budget deficits. Those things you mention don't help much but commodities have been increasing dramatically.

Maybe you should petition congress to give more subsidies. That always seems to work :cuckoo:

Yeah tell a farmer no farm subsidies for you. That will go over well. Actually the republican party should run this platform. Its a winner for sure.

I couldn't imagine. I tried to join the Army in the winter of 2002-2003. I dropped out of college and tried to join a tank unit. Passed all the preliminary testing but the docs at MEPS saw my scars from two lung surgeries I had during my senior year. He disqualified me because of my surgeries. I wanted to serve my country, but I guess God had other plans. We went into Iraq in March of 2003, so I guess I got a little lucky.

Go to youtube and look up the .50 caliber ricochet. It's a crazy video. Probably not as crazy as some of the stuff you've seen, but interesting to say the least.

Yeah, that guy was real lucky. Looks like it just nicked the head protector. A few inches and it would have popped his melon fer sure. Here I am in nam in 67' during Operation Junction City. I think I was calling to complain about the hot beer. The track behind me hit a mine & I am towing it.

002104.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, that guy was real lucky. Looks like it just nicked the head protector. A few inches and it would have popped his melon fer sure.

I guess they'll learn to angle the steel downard from now on. Or don't shoot at steel to begin with.

The dickheads running government caused a drought in Mexico (food), turmoil in the middle east (gas) and a spike in cotton prices (clothes)?

I am referring to inflation caused by the printing of a fiat currency to make up for budget deficits. Those things you mention don't help much but commodities have been increasing dramatically.

Maybe you should petition congress to give more subsidies. That always seems to work :cuckoo:

Yeah tell a farmer no farm subsidies for you. That will go over well. Actually the republican party should run this platform. Its a winner for sure.

I think we all want everyone to stand on their own two feet and take responsibility for themselves. How will you ever know what an ear of corn actually costs, if part of your taxes go to a corn farmer under the table, and part to the grocery store owner or wayside market along the highway? American consumers have no idea, and are completely out of touch with reality with our consumer prices. I pay to be a member of COSTCO, and shell out a hundred or so there for membership, then subsidies to farmers & other corporations, and at the cash register. How much does a TV set actually cost me?

So I say, cut the farmer off, and I own farm land. But all we are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul, and jack off Jill going to the market on the hill. In the end, no one rides for free, you still pay for the product, but you haven't a clue what it cost. You bless the farmer holding a wad of your money behind his back, thanking him for low prices at the register. Which are not low.

You see those farmers driving SUVs, sporting MAX size closed airconditioned cab tractors & equipment, the big country home & pool? And you pay him subsidies. He works from 58 days to 100 days to raise corn, lets say 20 days tops to plant & harvest the field, and he can take off 240 days on vacation and be paid not to plant green beans.

Last edited:

I think we all want everyone to stand on their own two feet and take responsibility for themselves. How will you ever know what an ear of corn actually costs, if part of your taxes go to a corn farmer under the table, and part to the grocery store owner or wayside market along the highway? American consumers have no idea, and are completely out of touch with reality with our consumer prices. I pay to be a member of COSTCO, and shell out a hundred or so there for membership, then subsidies to farmers & other corporations, and at the cash register. How much does a TV set actually cost me?

So I say, cut the farmer off, and I own farm land. But all we are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul, and jack off Jill going to the market on the hill. In the end, no one rides for free, you still pay for the product, but you haven't a clue what it cost. You bless the farmer holding a wad of your money behind his back, thanking him for low prices at the register. Which are not low.

I'm not so sure I agree with this. The farmer isn't exactly holding a fist of money behind his back. I live in a farming community and these farmers are struggling. The majority of farmers can't get "shit" for their crops without being involved in Co-ops. On top of that, the Co-ops low-ball the farmers for what they'll pay for their crops, and then sell high at market. It's a typical scheme we see with other B.S. I'm married to the farmers daughter and I tell you that they aren't banking. They farm a few thousand acres of cotton, maiz, and this year will be farming corn. For the last 4 or 5 years they've ended up in the hole every year. The last two years they've had to file crop insurance which doesn't pay but maybe half of what your took the farm loan out for. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but it simply isn't what I've experienced.

Yeah, that guy was real lucky. Looks like it just nicked the head protector. A few inches and it would have popped his melon fer sure.

I guess they'll learn to angle the steel downard from now on. Or don't shoot at steel to begin with.

Right.

I'm not so sure I agree with this. The farmer isn't exactly holding a fist of money behind his back. I live in a farming community and these farmers are struggling. The majority of farmers can't get "shit" for their crops without being involved in Co-ops. On top of that, the Co-ops low-ball the farmers for what they'll pay for their crops, and then sell high at market. It's a typical scheme we see with other B.S. I'm married to the farmers daughter and I tell you that they aren't banking. They farm a few thousand acres of cotton, maiz, and this year will be farming corn. For the last 4 or 5 years they've ended up in the hole every year. The last two years they've had to file crop insurance which doesn't pay but maybe half of what your took the farm loan out for. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but it simply isn't what I've experienced.

They are being squeezed by big corporate farmers, and the co-ops. The question is, if you are losing money to the point that you are mortgaging the farm, it is time to go do something different. Many farmers are generational, and I understand their pain to lose it all. But that is the way it goes. We all take chances on investments, and sometimes when we shouldn't. Sometimes we should see the futility of continuing down a hole in the ground. But I really think it is unfair for Americans to pay for bad dreams. I oppose subsidies. I wouldn't oppose welfare for the farmer, and if the system is screwed up, change it.

I see the farmer as the small business who lost to Walmart.

They are being squeezed by big corporate farmers, and the co-ops. The question is, if you are losing money to the point that you are mortgaging the farm, it is time to go do something different. Many farmers are generational, and I understand their pain to lose it all. But that is the way it goes. We all take chances on investments, and sometimes when we shouldn't. Sometimes we should see the futility of continuing down a hole in the ground. But I really think it is unfair for Americans to pay for bad dreams. I oppose subsidies. I wouldn't oppose welfare for the farmer, and if the system is screwed up, change it.

I see the farmer as the small business who lost to Walmart.

I can agree with that. My in-laws are actually just barely keeping their heads above the water, but another few years like the last two and they may be looking for something different. My wife's cousin actually did have to give up a few thousand acres and now works for the maintenance department at the local school. Big change for him...

Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

That's already been debunked. Maybe Boehner thought nobody would check. :lol:

A couple of months ago when Obama was pushing his tax on the top 1% which the CBO said would reduce the deficit by 350 billion dollars, Boehner and fellow Republicans fought this tax claiming it would cost American jobs. But now, it's ok to lose 200,000 jobs for only a 100 billion dollar savings.

Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

What are you talking about? We've had a deficit for a LONG time. That means you have NO money to spend. It's like hiring someone to do lawn work and paying them with an IOU. Why would you increase government jobs by 200,000 workers when the government as a deficit? I could care less what Boner is doing. It makes no sense to increase any government spending when you're out of money to begin with. This who creating jobs bullshit is a way for the politicians to make it look like they've done something good... "We created this many jobs."

Where exactly, do you think, we have the money to pay 200,000 new government workers? Is it stored up somewhere? Oh wait, that's right, we'll have to borrow more money from China to pay them. Basic fact, the government has spent more and is spending more money than it can raise from tax payers.

What are you talking about? We've had a deficit for a LONG time. That means you have NO money to spend. It's like hiring someone to do lawn work and paying them with an IOU. Why would you increase government jobs by 200,000 workers when the government as a deficit? I could care less what Boner is doing. It makes no sense to increase any government spending when you're out of money to begin with. This who creating jobs bullshit is a way for the politicians to make it look like they've done something good... "We created this many jobs."

Where exactly, do you think, we have the money to pay 200,000 new government workers? Is it stored up somewhere? Oh wait, that's right, we'll have to borrow more money from China to pay them. Basic fact, the government has spent more and is spending more money than it can raise from tax payers.
The actual number is 58,000 but 200,000 is more dramatic. The deficit may make our treasury bills and notes less desirable and increase government interest payments. Weather that happens or not is dependent how our treasuries stack up against that of other countries, which have not been doing too good over the last few years. The deficit will create inflationary pressures but the degree of inflation will depend on the deflation pressures.

The entire deficit issue has been blown way out of proportion for political reasons first by Republicans and now Democrats. Sure it's a problem, but it's a long term problem. We need a sensible plan to reduce the deficit over a number years and federal law that forces Congress to be more fiscally conservative. It's not the actual amount of the deficit that is important, but rather the trend.

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

No they caused lower confidence in the dollar. The dollar is worth less so buys less cotton, gasoline and food.

In a limited way, the dickheads running government did cause turmoil in the middle east by ignoring the signs of impending trouble in Egypt. hillary clinton, Leon Panetta and obama all should be horsewhipped for being surprised by the events there.

No they caused lower confidence in the dollar. The dollar is worth less so buys less cotton, gasoline and food.

The dollar is stronger now than when Obama took office. You'll need a different explanation.

Perhaps your advocating some deflation, which would help the dollar buy more?

As for you claims about Egypt, that's just absurd. Whatever would you have them do? Stop a democratic uprising by throwing their weight behind an autocratic deadbeat dictator who pillaged his own people? Sorry, the 1980's are over.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back