Losing 200,000 jobs is OK?

Defend ourselves from what? Do you see Switzerland, Australia, France, etc. concerned about defending themselves from the righty boogie man? This country could mobilize itself out of our own population and repell any force brought to bare on our borders. Just sound the alarm.

And if you haven't noticed, the US got it's ass kicked by a bunch of women & kids with rocks and wash pans in the ME, so all that military might doesn't mean shit. Stock all that hardware on military bases for holding points.

Damn straight. There are estimates of 80 million gun owners in this country. I don't think any country would want to invade us except maybe China. They would just have to figure out how to get their billion people here to fight us and lift the 1 child only ban

There is no need to subsidize everyones military with ours. I could maybe see keeping a few key bases. "few" being the key word there.

HUH? The Chinese do not need to invade to conquer us, they are winning the economic war hands down and will just continue to buy us out.

My point was that the Chinese are probably the only ones that could invade us and possibly stand a chance......As long as they figured out how to get here..

I agree though that there is no need to invade us. They are doing a good job watching us do it ourselves.

LOL you could not drag most americans away from their TV, computers and cell phones long enough to get them to fight.
We are a fat lazy country who are used to being told what to do.

LOL you could not drag most americans away from their TV, computers and cell phones long enough to get them to fight.

Take away our food and that will give us something to get off the couch for. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I have more faith in my fellow citizen. I think we can overcome any obstacle as long as there is reason to do so. It would require the lowering of our living standards to do it.

Take away our food and that will give us something to get off the couch for. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I have more faith in my fellow citizen. I think we can overcome any obstacle as long as there is reason to do so. It would require the lowering of our living standards to do it.

Ohh we will be lowering our living standards that is a given.
But we have learned nothing yet as a group.
We are trying just as hard as we can to keep the mule heading over the cliff.

I'm not against cutting defense spending. I don't agree with cutting it to the point where we can't defend ourselves, but I would be all for avoiding what Eisenhower called the "Industrial Military Complex."

Defend ourselves from what? Do you see Switzerland, Australia, France, etc. concerned about defending themselves from the righty boogie man? This country could mobilize itself out of our own population and repell any force brought to bare on our borders. Just sound the alarm.

And if you haven't noticed, the US got it's ass kicked by a bunch of women & kids with rocks and wash pans in the ME, so all that military might doesn't mean shit. Stock all that hardware on military bases for holding points.

You've got a mighty broad paint brush shintao. You're comparing a world power to 3 countries that aren't world powers....Also, these countries are SUPREMELY smaller in population to the U.S. Two of those countries you listed got taken over MORE THAN ONCE in the last 100 years by an invading army--guess they should have paid more into defense...

You really think it's our "military might" that can't beat the ME? lol. The reason we can't get shit done is because our military gets sent into combat and then gets its hands tied by politicians. Much like it did in Vietnam...But that's a different story. In case you haven't noticed over the last 50 years, we've pissed off ALOT of other countries who would have no problem having the U.S. not exist. And as far as recruiting the entire nation to fight at the drop of the hat; how are you going to afford to feed them all? How are you going to arm them all? How are you going to clothe them all? That's a pretty big army to sustain without any funding. I guess we'll all bring our rubber-band shooters and fight with those. I guess we'll do like the Chinese did in the Korean War, and what the Russians did in WWII...just send our massess towards machine guns and let them get slaughtered....:cuckoo:

Try and dream up any scenario where we could be invaded by a foreign force and not repel it. There are gun shops everywhere you go. There are national guard bases. And there are plenty of Vietnam combat vets like myself to organize people into a fighting machine on short order. With 150 million males in America, we could put 25 armed people for every mile of our borders within 1-3 days. But we wouldn't have to guard our Northern border with Canada there. East and West borders are opened seas & suicide. That leaves your Southern border & the Mexico suicide Gulf. But try to dream up any military operation that could succeed against America. The "to the point where we can't defend ourselves" syndrome.

You realize almost all our troops are abroad right now & no one is even making a suggestion we would be invaded. Imagine all US troops home & the idea is Ludicrous!

Last edited:
The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.
That was Bush, Jr's idea. He left us in a severe recession from overspending.

You've got a mighty broad paint brush shintao. You're comparing a world power to 3 countries that aren't world powers....Also, these countries are SUPREMELY smaller in population to the U.S. Two of those countries you listed got taken over MORE THAN ONCE in the last 100 years by an invading army--guess they should have paid more into defense...

You really think it's our "military might" that can't beat the ME? lol. The reason we can't get shit done is because our military gets sent into combat and then gets its hands tied by politicians. Much like it did in Vietnam...But that's a different story. In case you haven't noticed over the last 50 years, we've pissed off ALOT of other countries who would have no problem having the U.S. not exist. And as far as recruiting the entire nation to fight at the drop of the hat; how are you going to afford to feed them all? How are you going to arm them all? How are you going to clothe them all? That's a pretty big army to sustain without any funding. I guess we'll all bring our rubber-band shooters and fight with those. I guess we'll do like the Chinese did in the Korean War, and what the Russians did in WWII...just send our massess towards machine guns and let them get slaughtered....:cuckoo:

Try and dream up any scenario where we could be invaded by a foreign force and not repel it. There are gun shops everywhere you go. There are national guard bases. And there are plenty of Vietnam combat vets like myself to organize people into a fighting machine on short order. With 150 million males in America, we could put 25 armed people for every mile of our borders within 1-3 days. But we wouldn't have to guard our Northern border with Canada there. East and West borders are opened seas & suicide. That leaves your Southern border & the Mexico suicide Gulf. But try to dream up any military operation that could succeed against America. The "to the point where we can't defend ourselves" syndrome.

You realize almost all our troops are abroad right now & no one is even making a suggestion we would be invaded. Imagine all US troops home & the idea is Ludicrous!

The only one I can come up with is a Chinese invasion but like I said that would be a logistical nightmare only because of the massive amount of numbers needed to succeed.

Really, the idea is nuts because there is no reason to do it other than to reduce the population of the earth.

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

Agreed, although it was more to the recession than just spending. It was the manipulation of the housing market and interest rates in my opinion that had the most to do with the recession.

and we still have learned nothing.

Don't get me wrong...If we were invaded I would fight with the guns I have. I'm just saying that if we were to face the MILITARY of a foreign country, we wouldn't stand a chance....(OUR MILITARY MIGHT) But what are civilians with typical guns going to do against this...(And yes I know that's one of our planes)
a10napalm.jpg

Agreed, although it was more to the recession than just spending. It was the manipulation of the housing market and interest rates in my opinion that had the most to do with the recession.

And also the high energy costs, and the outsourcing of jobs.

Fight or die. Shoot a few of his kids and see if that doesn't inspire him to move. There will be cowards, yes. But they will stick out like sore thumbs in city's emptied of males. Give them three days to hit a border or die where they are standing. In such emergencys, We The People turn over all of our property, whatever that maybe. Cars/trucks/airplanes guns/ammo, gasoline/food, tents/sleeping bags, vests, etc. to the cause.

Women will prepare a second line of defense for whatever aid is required.

Don't get me wrong...If we were invaded I would fight with the guns I have. I'm just saying that if we were to face the MILITARY of a foreign country, we wouldn't stand a chance....(OUR MILITARY MIGHT) But what are civilians with typical guns going to do against this...(And yes I know that's one of our planes)
a10napalm.jpg

yeah unfortunately most of our hardware is overseas right now...
And most of our troops.

Fight or die. Shoot a few of his kids and see if that doesn't inspire him to move. There will be cowards, yes. But they will stick out like sore thumbs in city's emptied of males. Give them three days to hit a border or die where they are standing. In such emergencys, We The People turn over all of our property, whatever that maybe. Cars/trucks/airplanes guns/ammo, gasoline/food, tents/sleeping bags, vests, etc. to the cause.

Women will prepare a second line of defense for whatever aid is required.

Personally, I think the military would be dropping every spare military weapon they could find to the people. ( I would)

a10napalm.jpg

I think we could stand a chance against any foreign military.

There are 80 million gun owners in this country.

All our military power didn't matter in vietnam.

And keep in mind that the context of this debate is bringing most of our troops home from foreign soil. so we would have the military and the 80 million gun owners.

Its called guerrilla warefare

a10napalm.jpg

I think we could stand a chance against any foreign military.

There are 80 million gun owners in this country.

All our military power didn't matter in vietnam.

And keep in mind that the context of this debate is bringing most of our troops home from foreign soil. so we would have the military and the 80 million gun owners.

Its called guerrilla warefare

Faire enough. If the scenario involves having our entire military here at home and at the ready that the outcome would be different. I was going on the notion that they were all still abroad...which is something I would bank on if I was an invading country.

Personally I don't think our military power had anything to do with it. I think we had the miltiary power, but lacked the political fortitude to get the job done...

a10napalm.jpg

This civilian can hit man size targets out to 600 yards with iron sites. No problemo :cool:

I know I can do farther. Just haven't found a range yet that goes out to 1000 yards

a10napalm.jpg

If our military is home, I imagine the order would be given for airmen to head to their closest base, navey to their closest docks, army to their closest bases, etc. Just a radio station can mobilize the military we would have at home. Remember, they are all home at this point because we brought them home to cut the budget. If a bomb loader told me what to do one time in loading bombs on an air craft, I could repeat that over and over. Personally I could command a combat track, and repel most forces put against me. I can fire almost any weapon that mechanized has to offer. I could train track drivers, mechanics, gunners, suppliers, of armored APCs. ACAVs, and there are a lot of us. I know there are several within 40 miles of me that can do the same thing.

Forum List

Back