Losing 200,000 jobs is OK?

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

HUH, please explain that statement.

American Thinker: Report Card on Obama's First Two Years

I didn't post this to bash Obama. I posted this to show price increases
Picture-21.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

OK. Let us defund the biggest single payroll in the government. All you Marines, soldiers, airman, and sailors go home now. We are going to save a bunch of money.

I'm not against cutting defense spending. I don't agree with cutting it to the point where we can't defend ourselves, but I would be all for avoiding what Eisenhower called the "Industrial Military Complex."

LOL post a chart that shows gas at it's lowest price in 20 years becuase of the crash and the other prices are so low for the same reason.

do the same chart from 2006?

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

They aren't balancing their budget so they now relying on monetizing the debt. Leads to inflation.

Listen guys, I'm not saying weather and turmoil doesn't influence prices of commodities. The prices of these things have been going up for along time. Only the crash in '08 was responsible for wiping out some of those increases. Since then they have been creeping back up

Last edited:
In a Feb. 15, 2011, press conference, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that "over the last two years since President Barack Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs. And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

PolitiFact | John Boehner says 200,000 new federal jobs have sprouted since start of Obama's term

I thought the idea was to increase the number of jobs as you come out of a recession not cut them.

Actually the number is 58,000 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but 200,000 sounds more dramatic.

Depends on whether you are a Democrat or Republican.

If you are a democrat and lose 200,000 jobs and have 10% unemployment, Even after messing with the numbers to make em look better. You are doing OK

If you are a republican and add 100,000 jobs with 5% unemployment. You are overseeing a disaster.

You need to learn to interpret Liberal Logic.

Liberal Logic? Perhaps we should review job creation under Clinton, then under Bush 2.

This is a Republican proposing creating more unemployed Americans. Just what we need at the present time.

I suggest that we add a new tax bracket of 1,000,000 and above. With a tax rate of 45%. Except for money invested in creating jobs.

The truth of the matter is, that we have to both reduce spending, create jobs, and increase revenue. We cannot do that without increasing taxes.

They aren't balancing their budget so they now relying on monetizing the debt. Leads to inflation.

List guys, I'm not saying weather and turmoil doesn't influence prices of commodities. The prices of these things have been going up for along time. Only the crash in '08 was responsible for wiping out some of those increases. Since then they have been creeping back up

Well of course they have, We are trying to recover to an artificially inflated economy we had in 2006. How else can we do that other than recreate the inflation we had then?

Just be patient we will be back up to $4+ gas soon enough.

I'm not against cutting defense spending. I don't agree with cutting it to the point where we can't defend ourselves, but I would be all for avoiding what Eisenhower called the "Industrial Military Complex."

Defend ourselves from what? Do you see Switzerland, Australia, France, etc. concerned about defending themselves from the righty boogie man? This country could mobilize itself out of our own population and repell any force brought to bare on our borders. Just sound the alarm.

And if you haven't noticed, the US got it's ass kicked by a bunch of women & kids with rocks and wash pans in the ME, so all that military might doesn't mean shit. Stock all that hardware on military bases for holding points.

In a Feb. 15, 2011, press conference, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that "over the last two years since President Barack Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs. And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

PolitiFact | John Boehner says 200,000 new federal jobs have sprouted since start of Obama's term

I thought the idea was to increase the number of jobs as you come out of a recession not cut them.

Actually the number is 58,000 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but 200,000 sounds more dramatic.

Federal jobs don't add to the gdp they subtract from it. Drop them from the public roles and get them back in the private sector where they do add to GDP.

Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

OK. Let us defund the biggest single payroll in the government. All you Marines, soldiers, airman, and sailors go home now. We are going to save a bunch of money.

Now I am with you there. That kind of talk will get you the cold shoulder in most circles, as that is most of the pork in the government. The military-industrial complex is the single largest lobbying group in of our government.

No, I was not serious about totally defunding our military, however, it is the biggest single expense, and does little, in relationship to the budget, to increase the wealth of the nation.

How come Obama didn't tell all Americans that these 200,000 government employees are being paid for with our childrens future earnings?

Thought you knew he borrowed the money from China and deficits don't hurt anything.:eusa_whistle: And by the way, there is a check box on that IRS form if you want to donate money to lessen the burden on your children's future. Be generous now!!!

Defend ourselves from what? Do you see Switzerland, Australia, France, etc. concerned about defending themselves from the righty boogie man? This country could mobilize itself out of our own population and repell any force brought to bare on our borders. Just sound the alarm.

And if you haven't noticed, the US got it's ass kicked by a bunch of women & kids with rocks and wash pans in the ME, so all that military might doesn't mean shit. Stock all that hardware on military bases for holding points.

Damn straight. There are estimates of 80 million gun owners in this country. I don't think any country would want to invade us except maybe China. They would just have to figure out how to get their billion people here to fight us and lift the 1 child only ban

There is no need to subsidize everyones military with ours. I could maybe see keeping a few key bases. "few" being the key word there.

Last edited:

You've got a mighty broad paint brush shintao. You're comparing a world power to 3 countries that aren't world powers....Also, these countries are SUPREMELY smaller in population to the U.S. Two of those countries you listed got taken over MORE THAN ONCE in the last 100 years by an invading army--guess they should have paid more into defense...

You really think it's our "military might" that can't beat the ME? lol. The reason we can't get shit done is because our military gets sent into combat and then gets its hands tied by politicians. Much like it did in Vietnam...But that's a different story. In case you haven't noticed over the last 50 years, we've pissed off ALOT of other countries who would have no problem having the U.S. not exist. And as far as recruiting the entire nation to fight at the drop of the hat; how are you going to afford to feed them all? How are you going to arm them all? How are you going to clothe them all? That's a pretty big army to sustain without any funding. I guess we'll all bring our rubber-band shooters and fight with those. I guess we'll do like the Chinese did in the Korean War, and what the Russians did in WWII...just send our massess towards machine guns and let them get slaughtered....:cuckoo:

How come Obama didn't tell all Americans that these 200,000 government employees are being paid for with our childrens future earnings?

the same reason Reagan, Bush1, Clinton and BushII did not.
Although Clinton made better progress than the rest at dropping the annual defecit.

It is both parties and the corporate control or our govt that is mostly to blame.
And to think that the repubs will fix it and Obama cause it all is asinine.
The repubs did have total control for what 6 years and Bush did not veto one spending bill to come out of the republican controlled congress. He even fiianced a war with spending off the budget.
And yes Obama is a 3rd Bush term. Although he did put the war spending back in the budget, which makes it look even worse.

Last edited:

Damn straight. There are estimates of 80 million gun owners in this country. I don't think any country would want to invade us except maybe China. They would just have to figure out how to get their billion people here to fight us and lift the 1 child only ban

There is no need to subsidize everyones military with ours. I could maybe see keeping a few key bases. "few" being the key word there.

HUH? The Chinese do not need to invade to conquer us, they are winning the economic war hands down and will just continue to buy us out.

HUH? The Chinese do not need to invade to conquer us, they are winning the economic war hands down and will just continue to buy us out.

All they'd have to do is quit selling and exporting to us and they'd have our nuts in their grasp.

All they'd have to do is quit selling and exporting to us and they'd have our nuts in their grasp.

Yeah but that would piss us off, better to just keep buying us out until they really have us.

You've got a mighty broad paint brush shintao. You're comparing a world power to 3 countries that aren't world powers....Also, these countries are SUPREMELY smaller in population to the U.S. Two of those countries you listed got taken over MORE THAN ONCE in the last 100 years by an invading army--guess they should have paid more into defense...

You really think it's our "military might" that can't beat the ME? lol. The reason we can't get shit done is because our military gets sent into combat and then gets its hands tied by politicians. Much like it did in Vietnam...But that's a different story. In case you haven't noticed over the last 50 years, we've pissed off ALOT of other countries who would have no problem having the U.S. not exist. And as far as recruiting the entire nation to fight at the drop of the hat; how are you going to afford to feed them all? How are you going to arm them all? How are you going to clothe them all? That's a pretty big army to sustain without any funding. I guess we'll all bring our rubber-band shooters and fight with those. I guess we'll do like the Chinese did in the Korean War, and what the Russians did in WWII...just send our massess towards machine guns and let them get slaughtered....:cuckoo:

Couple of things there.

First off I agree with you that we tie the soldiers hands with ROEs.

Second, the reason we pissed off alot of other countries is because of our interference in their affairs. Some of that being militarily and some of that being foreign policy.

Third, The U.S. has PLENTY of guns to probably arm every man, woman, and child in this country. I'm not worried about that.

Fourth, It would not be us sending our masses into machine gun fire, it would be them running into OUR machine gun fire.

Forum List

Back