Los Angeles Gas Prices Surpass $4.00 Per Gallon

george4title

Aug 2, 2010

Gasoline prices begin to affect family budgets in Southern California. With $4.00 per gallon gasoline, individual budgets for commuters may increase upwards of $400 per month. How will gas prices affect the economy and general outlook for Ca and the rest of the country. Expect massive relocations of people closer to job centers and a slow dying off of outlying suburban sprawl. So expect further declines in detached commuter housing and a stabilization or increase in price for desirable condo and apartment locations closer to job growth.

Libyan turmoil weighs on stocks as oil surges

Libyan turmoil weighs on stocks as oil surges - Yahoo! Finance

Fmr. Shell president 'predicting' $5-a-gallon gas in 2012

Fmr. Shell president ‘predicting’ $5-a-gallon gas in 2012 | The Raw Story

Gas Heat Map

USA National Gas Price Heat Map - GasBuddy.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab your ankles.... because it isnt getting any better any time soon.

That moratorium on deep water drilling is looking wiser and wiser every day!

:cuckoo:

Last week here in Yuma we had an overnite jump from 3.17 a gallon to 3.29. This occurred BEFORE the shitstorm that is now Libya hit!

It jumped to 30 cents here in Indiana to $3.36. Historically this is the cheapest time for gas. It will rise from now to midsummer on its own and $4 gas for the rest of the country is coming. If the unrest in the OPEC nations continue expect to see $5 gas by July 4th or before.

What does this mean to the economy. Depression! People won't move closer to jobs because the jobs won't exist. What job gains the country had in the last year will be wiped out in a few months. It is simple really. People spend 50% more on gas and they have to cut back on other purchases. Put off that buying a washer or air conditioner. No consumer buying, inventory does not change, no production, no work! Add in the increase in food prices from the bad weather worldwide and the increased cost of transporting products and food (from the increase in diesel fuel) and it looks like a bleak year for the economy.

It does not look good folks.

Yeah, I agree boys.

Our fibrilating economy cannot stand any kind of shock to the system that immediately effects the working classes, and nothing will be more painful to that class than the effects of rising energy prices.

Do recall that the price of energy was the indignity that was wrecking our economy when the banksters' economic meltdown happened, too.

What does a rise to $4 mean to me?

Giving up my home because I simply will not be able to heat it.

Now I prbbably could stay in my home if other prices weren't also going to rise, but we all know that when the price of energy goes up, sp too does all the other stuff it takes to keep alive.

Too many Americans are living right at the margin of solvency, right now.

A dramatic rise in energy prices is going to make things get real ugly real fast.

Gas is always more expensive out there, I am glad I left California because unless you are a rich there is nothing for you in that state. God help the people who have to pay $4 a gallon and pay $1200 a month for a little studio apartment.

Kiss your Summer vacations goodbye folks.

Gas will probably hit $5 a gallon or better this Summer. If the bs going on in the ME spreads to Saudi Arabia and other oil producers it will get worse.

The fucking Clowns in DC better open up ANWAR and start drilling off the coast of America now. Hell we have oil off the coast of Florida that the Chinese are slant drilling for right now.

The Clowns better wake the fuck up.

Gas will probably hit $5 a gallon or better this Summer. If the bs going on in the ME spreads to Saudi Arabia and other oil producers it will get worse.

The fucking Clowns in DC better open up ANWAR and start drilling off the coast of America now. Hell we have oil off the coast of Florida that the Chinese are slant drilling for right now.

Hahaha who takes vacations anymore? with the price of gas the way its been for the past decade the only people who vacation are the rich, everyone else is just trying to survive.

Yeah, I agree boys.

Our fibrilating economy cannot stand any kind of shock to the system that immediately effects the working classes, and nothing will be more painful to that class than the effects of rising energy prices.

Do recall that the price of energy was the indignity that was wrecking our economy when the banksters' economic meltdown happened, too.

What does a rise to $4 mean to me?

Giving up my home because I simply will not be able to heat it.

Now I prbbably could stay in my home if other prices weren't also going to rise, but we all know that when the price of energy goes up, sp too does all the other stuff it takes to keep alive.

Too many Americans are living right at the margin of solvency, right now.

A dramatic rise in energy prices is going to make things get real ugly real fast.
You live in Maine.
They have a brand spanking new invention just out.
It's called a wood stove.
I know. Wood is expensive at Homeless Despot but I'll let you in on a little secret. Look outside.
Ya see the tall things that look like telephone poles with arms that have green shit towards the end ?
That's where wood comes from.

Hey, it's all part of Obama's plan to cause energy prices to skyrocket so we'll move to a Green Economy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo]Skyrocket[/ame]

Hahaha who takes vacations anymore? with the price of gas the way its been for the past decade the only people who vacation are the rich, everyone else is just trying to survive.

Your right there HG. Hell. I never go on vacation. Just not going to work is enough of a VK for me. LOL

There are some folks though who drive instead of fly. Hope they don't have to far to go.

Jeeze. I wonder what the price of an airline ticket will be?? Shudder man.

Your right there HG. Hell. I never go on vacation. Just not going to work is enough of a VK for me. LOL

There are some folks though who drive instead of fly. Hope they don't have to far to go.

I haven't been on a vacation since I was a child, back than gas was not an issue so even if you didn't have much money, you could take your family on a drive to visit some place, now because of gas prices families can't even leave their houses. I am taking my first vacation next month to see my friend in Houston Texas, first vacation in like 15 years and even that is only for 3 days.

I haven't been on a vacation since I was a child, back than gas was not an issue so even if you didn't have much money, you could take your family on a drive to visit some place, now because of gas prices families can't even leave their houses. I am taking my first vacation next month to see my friend in Houston Texas, first vacation in like 15 years and even that is only for 3 days.

Same here. Most the family lives down her in Florida so don't need to travel far to see em. I have one brother who lives in South Carolina. He's an engineer and makes buckets of money. He can visit me. LOL

Hell when I was a kid gas was 18 or 19 cents a gallon. I tell people that and they think I'm lying through my teeth.

Hope you have a great VK and a nice visit with your friend.

Same here. Most the family lives down her in Florida so don't need to travel far to see em. I have one brother who lives in South Carolina. He's an engineer and makes buckets of money. He can visit me. LOL

Hell when I was a kid gas was 18 or 19 cents a gallon. I tell people that and they think I'm lying through my teeth.

Hope you have a great VK and a nice visit with your friend.

Thank you, it seems like the only people who really have the money to vacation are the rich and the single people, my friend is single, has a good job and vacations like every 4-5 months. People with families cannot do shit anymore, sit at home and play monopoly and uno. Thank you, I will enjoy my trip.

$2 gas is on the way...
:eusa_eh:
Gas prices are going lower. Really
March 3, 2011 -- There's perhaps never been a more precarious time for gasoline prices. If the growing Middle East violence spreads to Saudi Arabia or another big oil producer, gas prices will quickly surpass $4 and maybe even $5 a gallon.
So long as oil supplies from the Persian Gulf remain relatively undisrupted -- and most analysts think they will -- there's a strong case that gas prices could fall 25 to 75 cents a gallon from their current perch of $3.43. "I'm not buying into this," Addison Armstrong, director of market research at the brokerage Tradition Energy, said of the domino theory in the Middle East.

Before the Middle East uprisings, Armstrong forecasted that gas prices would average about $3 a gallon in 2011. Now, despite all the unrest in the region, he's sticking to it. That implies that at some point this year, in order to make up for the weeks gas has spent over $3 a gallon, it will have to sell in the $2 range for an extended period of time. Addison bases his predictions for cheaper prices on the simple supply and demand numbers the world is facing: Right now, there's more than enough oil in storage and spare capacity to cover for a disruption in supply from a place like Libya.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration's forecasts are similar. EIA currently thinks gas will average $3.15 a gallon in 2011. That forecast is being revised upward to reflect recent developments in Libya and the associated spike in gasoline prices. But it's unlikely the average will be revised up as high as the current going rate of $3.43 a gallon, said EIA economist Neil Gamson. Again, the implication is prices will fall at some point this year.

Gas in the long run

And not one person in the media is going after the President on this.When this happened when Bush was President the media went bat shit over the price.

I actually have been affected by gas prices, this is a lot considering I doubted I'd be affected seriously by it in recent years, but I have.

I decided instead of buying a Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab, which would get I think the average is 14-20. Now I decided to get a Jeep Patriot 4x4, even at 4x4 their average is 23+, some even reaching 29.Still not great, but a lot better then 14-20.

I know that is not a HUGE impact compared to many, but just saying, it has affected me now, although for how long I'll be able to drive that Jeep Patriot, is a good question lol.

~Edit~ Also, I see a thing about vacations. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever be able to get time off during my service career, the only trip I told them I'd like to take is one where a recruiter can tell them he'd like you to come back and help him recruit. Basically your a poster boy for your individual branch, and I believe if they do that, they pay for your air ticket, or so much of your gas for it, but even if they don't be nice to come back and share experience, but outside of that, no vacations for me anyways lol.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back