Dropping gas prices - Welcome to the Biden Recession

Yes, he did fine keeping things going as long as possible using tax cuts and vastly increased Govt spending. But that is akin to drinking Red Bull to stay awake, eventually it catches up to you.

It is not an accident we have averaged a recession once every less than 8 years since the end of the Great Depression. They are built into our system and can only be avoided for so long.

The spending was a necessity. After all, we were hit with a global pandemic. President Biden's spending is on track to dwarf the amount President Trump had to spend. And that's in spite of Manchin and Sinema putting the brakes on it.

1658244339901.png

The unemployment rate has remained at 3.6 percent since April 2022. That is because of two things:

1. The ending of the COVID pandemic.

2. The high inflation rate forcing people to work.

Unfortunately, most every recession was preceeded by a drop in the unemployment rate:

Yeah, but what we see in those other recessions we AREN'T Seeing here is a shrinking workforce.

Up until 2011, the Workforce grew. After 2011, when the first Baby Boomers started retiring, you are seeing a shrinkage of the workforce, and that has been the main driver of unemployment, not anything Obama, Trump or Biden did.

And what Recruiters tell me is that it usually takes two Millennials to replace one Boomer.

The layoffs have already started, and it's far worse than you even know:

Well, no, they really haven't. And I say that as someone who writes resumes as a business.. most of my clients are in the "I am looking for a better" bunch than "I just got laid off" bunch.

There's plenty of great young workers out there. Retire as soon as you can. Don't stay longer to help a company. Thats an unwise move.

Forum List

Back