Gas Price Hits Record High $6.466 in Los Angeles; Soars Past June High

You sure love to get your facts wrong. It is a spotless 2000 Taurus (no black box) you could eat off of with a V6 high output DOHC fuel injected hemi with sunroof, full leather interior, low mileage, 6 CD changer, power steering, brakes, seats, windows and mirrors, 6 speaker stereo, seats 5, spacious trunk, posi traction, cruise control, tilt steering, AC, rear window defrost, ashtrays and lighters, handles well, power out the ass and goes 110 mph up hills, and I bought it used in mint condition for only $4,000.

One of the best cars I ever had.

For two years the dealer where I bought it kept trying to buy it back off of me.

What kind of EV can I get for $4,000?
You sound like a fn used car salesman.

You sound like a fn used car salesman.

You sound like a typical programmed leftwing tool reduced to trying to take cheap shots at people whose arguments you cannot win logically.

I used to build engines, soup them up and repairs my cars so I know a little bit about what is and what isn't a good value in automotive engineering.

You sound like a typical programmed leftwing tool reduced to trying to take cheap shots at people whose arguments you cannot win logically.
I know that 3.0L engine well. Leaking POS. Bad block casting. Freeze plug leaks. You are what you are. A fn loser.

Looks like it is time to spring for an Electric Vehicle

Ok, just for the hell of it, what if 50% of the people currently owning a gas vehicle in California, dumped it and bought an EV?
Think there would be enough charging stations to satisfy the demand? Think their grid could suddenly handle the demand? Let's be real, if suddenly everyone said "looks like it is time to spring for an electric vehicle", first of all there wouldn't be anywhere even close to having enough vehicles to this sudden demand, but there's nowhere near the infrastructure for it.

We are not ready no matter how badly you EV freaks want it to be so.

Early October surprise. Dominion is already working overtime on the algorithm adjustments for the mid-term election theft... and 2000 mules just became 6500 mules.

I know that 3.0L engine well. Leaking POS. Bad block casting. Freeze plug leaks. You are what you are. A fn loser.

Funny, I've never had a single leak anywhere, not a drop, not a single problem with the block or anything, and no freeze plug problems! Just a sensor in the rad overflow that went bad that I replaced.

You must be thinking of some car you had that fell apart from years of no maintenance from you! :21:

Not bad for a 22 year old car! And even at current gas prices, it takes me over 300 miles for under $50!!! 💘

P4101943.JPG

Funny, I've never had a single leak anywhere, not a drop, not a single problem with the block or anything, and no freeze plug problems! Just a sensor in the rad overflow that went bad that I replaced.

You must be thinking of some car you had that fell apart from years of no maintenance from you! :21:

Not bad for a 22 year old car! And even at current gas prices, it takes me over 300 miles for under $50!!! 💘

View attachment 705045
Never owned one of those ugly cars. Repaired many.

Never owned one of those ugly cars. Repaired many.

Nothing ugly about it at all. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than most newer cars, comfortable, quiet and fast. If you repaired many, it is only because a zillion of them were sold, one of the most popular cars ever, so easy to hide from cops, and naturally, the ones which come in for repairs are naturally the broken ones or those getting the poorest care.

Still waiting for you to tell me what EV (or even ICE car) I can get that is better, cheaper to operate with all of my features for only $4K? :21:

View attachment 705045
Is that your actual motor, toobs?

If so, it's clean. Kudos...

Is that your actual motor, toobs? If so, it's clean. Kudos...

That IS my Ford Taurus. Photo taken a few years ago. Friends of my family had a Taurus station wagon years ago and the thing ran really strong and just went on and on forever taking a constant beating and never gave them any trouble and that impressed me, so when it came time to buy another car back in 2011, I went out looking for a Taurus and found this one--- the only one I've ever seen with a power sunroof and full leather interior. Paid cash for it.

And it was the last year they were made without black boxes.

I like to piss off young hotshots in their compact sports cars by dusting them off on the highway with my "family" car. :SMILEW~130:

Nothing ugly about it at all. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than most newer cars, comfortable, quiet and fast. If you repaired many, it is only because a zillion of them were sold, one of the most popular cars ever, so easy to hide from cops, and naturally, the ones which come in for repairs are naturally the broken ones or those getting the poorest care.

Still waiting for you to tell me what EV (or even ICE car) I can get that is better, cheaper to operate with all of my features for only $4K? :21:
You can have your "museum" piece. Hardly see a Taurus on the road anymore. 7 Million made and damn near all ended up in the crusher.

Why would you buy a very expensive lawn ornament when you can drive an ICE vehicle, even though it's getting more expensive?

It s an economic decision

EVs are not worth it when gas is $2 a gallon
At $6 a gallon, they are

It s an economic decision

EVs are not worth it when gas is $2 a gallon
At $6 a gallon, they are
Only if your state has a large and reliable enough supply of electricity to charge it when you need to. Otherwise, (CA) it's just a very expensive lawn ornament.

Gas Price Hits Record High $6.466 in Los Angeles; Soars Past June High​

3 Oct 2022 ~~ By Joel B. Pollack

Gas prices hit a record high in Los Angeles County of $6.466 per gallon on Monday morning, soaring past the previous record set during the nationwide price surge this past spring.
Local ABC affiliate KABC-7 reported:
As Breitbart News has reported, gasoline prices have risen in California over the past several weeks, despite a gradual decline across the nation, due to several unique factors, including problems at local refineries. Californians already paid the highest gas prices in the nation, due to environmental regulations and taxes, but the limited number of refineries — thanks to those same regulations — means that when some are down for maintenance, whether scheduled or unscheduled, the state cannot easily replace the missing supply.
~Snip~
Gov. Gavin Newsom recently announced that gas stations would be allowed to sell a cheaper “winter blend,” which produces more of the emissions the state wants to restrict, several weeks ahead of schedule.

Commentary:
Still, the loony Democrats in Kalifornia will vote for their Progressive Maoist Democrats in 2022 and Biden in 2024 - because once you are brain dead - there is nothing that can be done.
Meanwhile Biden has depleted our SPR by selling the majority of it to China and enriching his son.
Not to worry. Soon gas cars will be replaced with electric vehicles which, of course, cost more. But, don't forget, when you're forced to buy that $40,000 or more EV, you'll get a $7500 tax credit for a new EV or around $4,000 for a used EV, although you don't get any tax credits for when the battery dies and you have to spend at least another 10K for another battery. And don't worry about the charging part because if you can't afford a home charger there will be public use ones where you have to wait in line for one hour, followed by charging for at least another half hour, assuming you're not in the middle of a rolling blackout because the power grid is down. And, if you're poor and can't afford to drive a car anymore you can switch to public transportation. But, at least you will know that you have done your part in saving mother Earth, even though you can't afford to live on it anymore and temps continue rising despite the fact that you have done your part.

Looks like it is time to spring for an Electric Vehicle
This is an admission that high gas prices are by design to force people out of their gas driven vehicles.

Democrats want Americans in electric cars so they can turn the power off and stop your mobility. They even ban gas generators so there will be no charging your car when democrats don't want you to.

Democrats are the fascist they claim to hate

Forum List

Back