Looks like it's almost time

What do you think of this one?

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula C5F motherboard AM3+ 990FX ATX

Just wondering cause if I start spending close to $200 for a old mobo it would be better to shell out a little more for new tech.

You could get a new tech mobo and CPU for that. It'd be a quad core and lower-grade, yet still good mobo. Would most likely do more in less time than the lower IPC hexcore.
Now that I'm in my new place I finally pulled out all the new hardware and installed it. Hooked everything up as per instructions (had to look it up with the Hive), plugged it in, yup we have power......... Will not boot.......
Checked every connection, three times, still not booting.......
Didja walk across the carpet in socks and then touch your hardware?
Omy, tell me what happens exactly.
Nothing, other than the LED lights on the inside come on.

I'm feeling some monitor/gpu stuff.
Will your keyboard blink when its booting?
Yes, the keyboard blinks once when I plug the PS in.

You could get a new tech mobo and CPU for that. It'd be a quad core and lower-grade, yet still good mobo. Would most likely do more in less time than the lower IPC hexcore.
Now that I'm in my new place I finally pulled out all the new hardware and installed it. Hooked everything up as per instructions (had to look it up with the Hive), plugged it in, yup we have power......... Will not boot.......

That's either the monitor or GPU then. The mobo is doing its part.

Nothing. Like I said it doesn't even boot, nothing other than the lights on the mobo, I push the fron power butto and nothing happens. Could be the front panel isn't being powered though I can't figure out why, I triple checked the connections and everything looks like it's supposed to.

I'd do a bench test but you're likely better off to bring it back to the builder. You did try the other power supply?
Not yet on the old PS and just realized there's a LED light on the front panel and it's not on so there's no power getting to the front panel or the front panel just decided it was time to give up the ghost......... May need a new case.

Are you the builder?

:D

Yeah, a new case is half the fun anyway.
Yup, this is my 5th or 6th one I've built, never had any problems in the past, guess it was my turn....... :D

Do a bench test. You know how to do one of those? Start it up without the case?

I've got an i5 2500k @4.5ghz so I'm not ready to move.
Unfortunately I've never had to do a bench test so I have no idea how it's done.

I'd do a bench test but you're likely better off to bring it back to the builder. You did try the other power supply?
Not yet on the old PS and just realized there's a LED light on the front panel and it's not on so there's no power getting to the front panel or the front panel just decided it was time to give up the ghost......... May need a new case.

Are you the builder?

Yup, this is my 5th or 6th one I've built, never had any problems in the past, guess it was my turn....... :D

Ivy Bridge was a good step up..

Mr. tall copper pot maker. I know you>

I know a faggot that has one of your pots, even.
Starts with a "D", aw shit..it's Duniek, the Polack Jew.

You say Polack and Jew like it means more to ewe.

That's either the monitor or GPU then. The mobo is doing its part.
Don't think so, it looks like the front panel is not getting power so obviously the power button will not work.

Are you the builder?

Unfortunately I've never had to do a bench test so I have no idea how it's done.

A bench test is done in order to isolate the case from the system. It's a system without a case.

There is a dip pole on the front panel outlet on the motherboard. It's for the on/off button and it is used to turn the computer off and on .. if y ou don't have an off/on button on your board.

The Nerd Bench: How to Bench Test a Motherboard

Are you the builder?

A bench test is done in order to isolate the case from the system. It's a system without a case.

There is a dip pole on the front panel outlet on the motherboard. It's for the on/off button and it is used to turn the computer off and on .. if y ou don't have an off/on button on your board.

The Nerd Bench: How to Bench Test a Motherboard
Well, I was thinking I was going to have to take it apart anyway. There is one 4 pin to 4 pin cable that (I think) came with the case that I never needed to use, I did keep it. Have no idea what it goes to.

Old motherboard and panel usb are blown? Remove all usb connectors from the machine.

Okay, so like, what worked before that doesn't work now?
Everything except one of the USB ports on the front panel, one USB port on the old mobo and the ethernet plug in on the old mobo.

Bah! Breadboard it. Probably a standoff in your case or something.

I got learnt about that many years ago by a Jew.
He taught me right, boy.
Test it with the mobo on a piece of the box it came in.

Not a Ropey jew, Ropey is Duniek. :eek:

Yeah, he really is.

Old motherboard and panel usb are blown? Remove all usb connectors from the machine.

There should be a 4/8 pin power connector that reaches the board as well as the 12 pin. Far right ... top.

x470-gaming-pro-tuning.png

Everything except one of the USB ports on the front panel, one USB port on the old mobo and the ethernet plug in on the old mobo.

He taught me right, boy.
That's why I decided to upgrade. I know the mobo was having problems but I'm seriously thinking the front panel of the case may be fried. Looked it up and it seems that's a common failing with this case.

He taught me right, boy.
That's why I decided to upgrade. I know the mobo was having problems but I'm seriously thinking the front panel of the case may be fried. Looked it up and it seems that's a common failing with this case.

If you remove all the usb's from the main board and connect no usb's to the back, then you should isolate that issue.

Tried that, still nothing, still no power to the front panel.
Yep, a bench test... and then the pupil becomes the master.

Or some shit like that.

:cool:
Okay, looks like it's the mobo, tried jump starting it, no go, tried the old PS and jump starting it, still nothing.

I'd look at the seating of the CPU.

Forum List

Back