Looks like it's almost time

Old motherboard and panel usb are blown? Remove all usb connectors from the machine.
Tried that, still nothing, still no power to the front panel.
Yep, a bench test... and then the pupil becomes the master.

Or some shit like that.

:cool:
Okay, looks like it's the mobo, tried jump starting it, no go, tried the old PS and jump starting it, still nothing.

I'd look at the seating of the CPU.
I did, have to redo everything anyway except in this instance I wasn't as careful as I should have been....... accidentally got some thermal paste on the pins when I removed the CPU, been busy trying to clean that. This is turning into the build from hell........

Old motherboard and panel usb are blown? Remove all usb connectors from the machine.

Or some shit like that.

Okay, looks like it's the mobo, tried jump starting it, no go, tried the old PS and jump starting it, still nothing.

I did, have to redo everything anyway except in this instance I wasn't as careful as I should have been....... accidentally got some thermal paste on the pins when I removed the CPU, been busy trying to clean that. This is turning into the build from hell........

Yep,been there, done that. Be careful with those pinouts. Intel now uses a ball grid array so there's no pins.

I'd check those pins with a magnifying glass.

Or some shit like that.

Yep,been there, done that. Be careful with those pinouts. Intel now uses a ball grid array so there's no pins.

So far I've had only limited luck with the cleaning, was told use a new toothbrush and small amounts of rubbing alcohol. Got much of it out but there's still some left.

Or some shit like that.

So far I've had only limited luck with the cleaning, was told use a new toothbrush and small amounts of rubbing alcohol. Got much of it out but there's still some left.

Try some lacquer thinner or rubbing alcohol. Goofoff products work well also.

Pro-Tip:

Failing that, do you have some magic marker board spray cleaner?

Pro-Tip:

I'll try the goof-off, I have some of that. The MM board spray I'd have to buy.

Last edited:
Speaking of goof off, there's a new product out called goof on.

Or some shit like that.

Oh! I know this stuff that cleans socket pins..

gimme a min..comes in a little red tube...NOT a pr0n reference...

Yes, find it now.

Goof on.

I can't find it. :(

Some kinda contact cleaner, it's like 7 bucks and you squirt it into the socket.

It's brought back a couple for me. :)

It's not called Goof On. I just looked for the tube and did not find, I did find more than a CC of hardened Ceramique 2, oops. Maybe Ropey's stuff works. :dunno:

He has machined pots after all.

Goof off is a strong cleaning remover.

Goof on is a button.

I pushed it and the goof went on to look.

2019_08_06_19_20_31_Looks_like_it_s_almost_time_Page_4_US_Message_Board_Political_Discussion_F.jpg

:eusa_think:

And you're an idiot being stirred up by a dick. I can stop stirring but you can't stop being an idiot, can you?

:eusa_whistle:

Melting-ice-polar-bear01.jpg

It doesn't take you long to start thinking of faggotry when you're an idiot being stirred up by a dick.

Pro-Tip:

So, after the marion meltdown, how is the transition going?

Pro-Tip:

So, after the marion meltdown, how is the transition going?
Need a heavy duty sewing needle to unbend one pin on the CPU, other than that it's clean again. Once all that's done I can test it again.

Forum List

Back