Looks like it's almost time

Because I knew you would ask a stupid question........
Costly fun.
Pretty much, my gamer was beginning to have some minor issues with mobo components, figure it was time to upgrade. Hell it's not like I'm buying a Ryzen 9........
This new desktop CPU could be interesting. Maybe you want to wait a little for it.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fantonyleather%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F05%2F3rd-gen-ryzen-performance.jpg

AMD In Shock Intel-Smashing Performance Claim: Is Cinebench Score Really True?

Seriously? An article from an obviously biased Intel shill?

Fuck him! He ain't shit! He's a paid hack.
I don´t know the contributor.

He is nobody, that's why.

From your link:

"We're just a week away from hopefully knowing more about AMD's plans for its Zen 2-based 3rd Generation Ryzen processors and more rumors"

Fuck. All. That. Get what you can now. That stuff might not be around 'til this time next year or later.

Last edited:
I wouldn't need the GPU, the one I have is fine for now, I'd keep my current hard drive so there's $160 off of the price.
While I know it's "old" I'm leaning towards replacing the current mobo and looking for a better (higher end) gaming AM3+ mobo and replace the power supply.
Any suggestions on a higher end AM3+ mobo?
Why? There's only 1
The board I linked is just under a Crosshair IV. It will work for you. It has all the backbone and muscle, but not the easy CMOS reset.
There's only 1 higher end AM3+ mobo: Crosshair V.
Just wondering.

IPC has come a long ways since k10, baby. I'd like for it to go much further, but we'll see what happens. :dunno: I think the tariffs are going to hit and all that stuff is going to go up.
What do you think of this one?

Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula C5F motherboard AM3+ 990FX ATX

Just wondering cause if I start spending close to $200 for a old mobo it would be better to shell out a little more for new tech.

You could get a new tech mobo and CPU for that. It'd be a quad core and lower-grade, yet still good mobo. Would most likely do more in less time than the lower IPC hexcore.
Now that I'm in my new place I finally pulled out all the new hardware and installed it. Hooked everything up as per instructions (had to look it up with the Hive), plugged it in, yup we have power......... Will not boot.......
Checked every connection, three times, still not booting.......

Why? There's only 1
The board I linked is just under a Crosshair IV. It will work for you. It has all the backbone and muscle, but not the easy CMOS reset.
There's only 1 higher end AM3+ mobo: Crosshair V.
Just wondering.

IPC has come a long ways since k10, baby. I'd like for it to go much further, but we'll see what happens. :dunno: I think the tariffs are going to hit and all that stuff is going to go up.

Just wondering cause if I start spending close to $200 for a old mobo it would be better to shell out a little more for new tech.

You could get a new tech mobo and CPU for that. It'd be a quad core and lower-grade, yet still good mobo. Would most likely do more in less time than the lower IPC hexcore.
Now that I'm in my new place I finally pulled out all the new hardware and installed it. Hooked everything up as per instructions (had to look it up with the Hive), plugged it in, yup we have power......... Will not boot.......
Didja walk across the carpet in socks and then touch your hardware?
Omy, tell me what happens exactly.

Just wondering.

Nothing, other than the LED lights on the inside come on.

Excuse my late entry if I'm missing anything.

Open the side up while the power plug is removed. Turn the power switch on the power supply to disabled.

After you have the computer on it's side and the side door is off, allowing you to look at the motherboard, then plug the power in and turn the switch on.

Then, looking at the motherboard, press the power switch.
20150131_000232.jpg

Do you see the red light by the power plug (at the far right)?

Excuse my late entry if I'm missing anything.

Open the side up while the power plug is removed. Turn the power switch on the power supply to disabled.

After you have the computer on it's side and the side door is off, allowing you to look at the motherboard, then plug the power in and turn the switch on.

Then, looking at the motherboard, press the power switch.
View attachment 272777

Do you see the red light by the power plug (at the far right)?
This is what I have;

TordKbJ6NVJSKMdugHR0pRMXxqECmOzv-9vhOtUl5hAbWd0l2W520kJL0TrYGTFYklTAU8-aYAFynIo5m8UDNOr0glERsV0cVknXSRy2qM73ZBGnMq_7YEA7GpcRJrfE7WZG59-nFgFuA0psralvKGzcCzDb944zlQRKlyXMVoCKXWHRHGPS2bdYJbuVeDT5FASmu4cuuza1QXyrvqLYM3Kkoe4kRmvRUq91igtwVNM72w80U3-4YN09eoG6O5G5ny6jwPosBhy_qbplvmfVD8XCli4kTB1ydyB1YkJQeJUTaKR7CKwTTpkcTXmwQF0mRVXsxmcA8szrUwxtZNMYmjuoly3VKstm1SJmE1QfnW7MWc9kY-BtSGNAZAnoUiVg02eqlAlT5b-nD4okDhPJMEvs5eoMUbDvlImDFyMkB1vGj-eESDG-Omis5ZCVhhy7t0NnYZvGyGP1XbhWTmMsG0L5rxTabNKJ-wlwm1AYDcOB8UjEKSIr3JYOztThqZR_h-Zv9sUpxlesQjOh98nERgc5w1amBihjJFKuW_Cczh3yqqzpxpEiic4wpzxs01NjNaulx_lB7aKNq387zlNeeCDuse5JeeIeb0A0rZbYEcUQEjAvwOrKC8cHt1bNSXRvmGoLkjnn-__3fVhy0LoI63usELftIBs=w568-h757-no

I'm thinking stick the old power supply back in and see what happens, if it works then It's the new power supply or bad connections somewhere, if not...... :dunno:

Try this:

Shut it down. Remove the plug, turn the switch off and remove the DDDR4 and then reinstall two of them in slot 2 & 4.

Then plug it in, turn the switch on, and push the power button.

Then, if that doesn't work, reverse the procedure and reset the cmos.

Try this:

Shut it down. Remove the plug, turn the switch off and remove the DDDR4 and then reinstall two of them in slot 2 & 4.

Of course, if that doesn't work, she'll have to see a doctor.

:disbelief:

Try this:

Of course, if that doesn't work, she'll have to see a doctor.

:disbelief:

It worked when they put it together and tested it so usually if the problem stems from an initial move, then the above is often the issue. Making sure the video card is in solid is another useful check and memory is always touchy in such new releases.

Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Last memory check. Use one stick of ram. First slot.

Any beeps?

Then switching the power supply might just give it the Heimlich and then putting the other back in and it may just work.

Why?

:dunno:

But it happens. Also you can try removing the video card and setting the video plug to the cpu vga if your cpu has a built in gpu and I think it does. See if it boots in that mode. Then enter CMOS and set the VGA to external, shut down and replace the video plug to the external and reboot.

Keep the power plug out when you do this and the switch off as well.

Last edited:
Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Any beeps?

Then switching the power supply might just give it the Heimlich and then putting the other back in and it may just work.

Why?

But it happens. Also you can try removing the video card and setting the video plug to the cpu vga if your cpu has a built in gpu and I think it does. See if it boots in that mode. Then enter CMOS and set the VGA to external, shut down and replace the video plug to the external and reboot.

Nothing. Like I said it doesn't even boot, nothing other than the lights on the mobo, I push the fron power butto and nothing happens. Could be the front panel isn't being powered though I can't figure out why, I triple checked the connections and everything looks like it's supposed to.

Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Any beeps?

Why?

Nothing. Like I said it doesn't even boot, nothing other than the lights on the mobo, I push the fron power butto and nothing happens. Could be the front panel isn't being powered though I can't figure out why, I triple checked the connections and everything looks like it's supposed to.

I'd do a bench test but you're likely better off to bring it back to the builder. You did try the other power supply?

Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Any beeps?

Why?

I'd do a bench test but you're likely better off to bring it back to the builder. You did try the other power supply?
Not yet on the old PS and just realized there's a LED light on the front panel and it's not on so there's no power getting to the front panel or the front panel just decided it was time to give up the ghost......... May need a new case.

Try this:

Nope, didn't work.

Any beeps?

Why?

Not yet on the old PS and just realized there's a LED light on the front panel and it's not on so there's no power getting to the front panel or the front panel just decided it was time to give up the ghost......... May need a new case.

Are you the builder?

:D

Yeah, a new case is half the fun anyway.

Here's what mine's like.

99063092.jpg

Nope, didn't work.

Any beeps?

Why?

Are you the builder?

Yup, this is my 5th or 6th one I've built, never had any problems in the past, guess it was my turn....... :D

Any beeps?

Why?

Are you the builder?

Yup, this is my 5th or 6th one I've built, never had any problems in the past, guess it was my turn....... :D

Do a bench test. You know how to do one of those? Start it up without the case?

I've got an i5 2500k @4.5ghz so I'm not ready to move.

Nothing, other than the LED lights on the inside come on.

I'm feeling some monitor/gpu stuff.
Will your keyboard blink when its booting?

New Topics

Forum List

Back