Look Who Came to Visit Me

I remember standing in line at Petsmart in Colorado behind a woman with a little Yap dog, Chihuahua I believe. I asked her if she let that thing outside by itself. She said yes and why. I told her that any decent sized female Red Tail, a Great Horned Owl or worse, a Golden Eagle wouldn't think twice about snatching it in front of her. The look of shock and realization on her face was obvious but that was just a few predators that a little dog like that could fall prey to.

That actually happened in our neighborhood (Alabama) a couple of years ago. A large red tail tried to pick up a dachshund from a neighbors back yard.

Thankfully, the dachshund was a fat little sucker, and the hawk could get her off the ground, but he tore her back up pretty good trying!

I remember standing in line at Petsmart in Colorado behind a woman with a little Yap dog, Chihuahua I believe. I asked her if she let that thing outside by itself. She said yes and why. I told her that any decent sized female Red Tail, a Great Horned Owl or worse, a Golden Eagle wouldn't think twice about snatching it in front of her. The look of shock and realization on her face was obvious but that was just a few predators that a little dog like that could fall prey to.

Trooski... We get lots of hawks circling out here in the woods where we're living, I always worry about my old ladies little rat dog (Toy fox terrier, 8lbs) getting snatched up.

Forum List

Back