look out twitter - lawsuits are INCOMING!!!

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Judge Rules Twitter Can Be Sued For Falsely Advertising They Allow Free Speech

The judge rejected Twitter’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit from Jared Taylor, who was banned by the platform in December last year, according to Breitbart. Taylor, a self-described “white activist” may proceed with his lawsuit against Twitter because the social media company falsely advertises free speech, yet bans users for “any or no reason.” The judge also ruled that Twitter could be sued on the basis of misleading its users, due to the platform’s promise not to ban accounts on the basis of viewpoint or political affiliation, which is frequently violated.
----------

while i may not like his message, my options are to simply ignore him vs. force my undying morally correct will upon him. but as a platform - they cannot stop one segment from their "right" to speak and then allow others.

lots of lawsuits should be coming in now.

The judge rejected Twitter’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit from Jared Taylor, who was banned by the platform in December last year, according to Breitbart. Taylor, a self-described “white activist” may proceed with his lawsuit against Twitter because the social media company falsely advertises free speech, yet bans users for “any or no reason.” The judge also ruled that Twitter could be sued on the basis of misleading its users, due to the platform’s promise not to ban accounts on the basis of viewpoint or political affiliation, which is frequently violated.
----------

while i may not like his message, my options are to simply ignore him vs. force my undying morally correct will upon him. but as a platform - they cannot stop one segment from their "right" to speak and then allow others.

This will actually have huge implications for all forms of social media. Google, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat.

----------

This will actually have huge implications for all forms of social media. Google, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat.
yep.

if they want to ban certain types of "speech" great. but then your entire platform changes.

----------

I doubt it.

Calling out fire in a crowded theater is not free speech.

Telling people to go kill minorities sounds about the same.

Ah, these Republicans. Constantly crying they aren't allow to hate and hate some more.

----------

I doubt it.

Ah, these Republicans. Constantly crying they aren't allow to hate and hate some more.
it has nothing to do with the message. it has everything with YOU and the left randomly determining what can and can't be said which invariably falls upon their feelz/emo state of mind today.

you may not like what someone is saying but that doesn't mean you can tell them to SHUT UP. this would be me saying i don't like your viewpoints for my "feelz" so you must SHUT UP.

you gonna be ok with that? didn't think so.

don't expect others to be ok with it because you want to take the far most extreme and pretend *that* is what you are fixing when in short, you're just an out of control control freak.

----------

I doubt it.

It depends on the use of the word kill.

I can't tell you how many times I've been punished for completely respectful free speech while foul & debasing opposition gets free reign to insult me, gang up on me & even internet stalk me; all on the same websites that on the surface espouse "fair rules" in moderation policies.

This guy suing must have really thin skin.

I can't tell you how many times I've been punished for completely respectful free speech while foul & debasing opposition gets free reign to insult me, gang up on me & even internet stalk me; all on the same websites that on the surface espouse "fair rules" in moderation policies.

Maybe. As of right now, we only have the courts saying he can go forward with the lawsuit. We have no verdict so there really isn't much to go on here.

maybe.

but these platforms are still not promoting "free speech".

----------

That's great news. Jared Taylor is a good man. When I brought up the forthcoming law suits earlier this year; ( Free speech suit aims to end twitters political censorship ) many detractors scoffed. Not too many are laughing now. Can't wait to see how the YT suit goes...

Last edited:

----------

I doubt it.

And who said that? Quotes please.

----------

I doubt it.

It depends on the use of the word kill.
Yes, it does depend on that. Lets see this tweet that threatened to kill minorities. I bet it doesnt even exist.

----------

I doubt it.

And who said that? Quotes please.
No one said it. He made it up because, without lies he has no argument.

Forum List

Back